Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Neilo83 and 12 Guests

Anti-racism protests

This thread currently has 22,311 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
July 6, 2020, 9:40am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127

It doesn't matter what figures they pull out of the air. The wholesale  changes to many of our towns and cities just isn't worth it.

Any increase in GDP doesnt mean diddly squat - spread over an ever increasing population means we will see no discernable benefit.

Of course any increase in absolute GDP is tempered by the huge costs of benefits paid to some sectors of the immigrant population who are unemployable both in terms of their culture and attitude, yet every single one needs housing and the increased costs associated with schooling, infrastructure, health provision and so on.

Controlled integrated  immigration good. Communities living parallel lives and not contributing to the whole country not good at all.

Oh dear you keep coming out with these unsubstantiated statements "huge cost of benefits paid to some sectors of the immigrant population" just being the latest..
In an earlier contribution you talked about different cultures being a barrier to integration. One of the tenets particularly of Asian culture is their belief in family as an entity. There is no way that for example an Asian family would contemplate putting an elderly relative into a care home/nursing home scenario (unless there is a medical need). It is sadly one of the reasons that Covid has caused a higher than normal mortality rate amongst the Asian community.  The greatest drain on the adult social care budget is the help given to elderly people.
The most intriguing part of what you say for me though is where you consider the tag of immigrant should end. There is undoubtedly large pockets of unemployment amongst ethnic minorities in some of our big cities iespecially amongst afro-Caribbean groups. A lot of these youngsters are third even fourth generation. They were born here.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 6, 2020, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from barralad

Oh dear you keep coming out with these unsubstantiated statements "huge cost of benefits paid to some sectors of the immigrant population" just being the latest..
In an earlier contribution you talked about different cultures being a barrier to integration. One of the tenets particularly of Asian culture is their belief in family as an entity. There is no way that for example an Asian family would contemplate putting an elderly relative into a care home/nursing home scenario (unless there is a medical need). It is sadly one of the reasons that Covid has caused a higher than normal mortality rate amongst the Asian community.  The greatest drain on the adult social care budget is the help given to elderly people.
The most intriguing part of what you say for me though is where you consider the tag of immigrant should end. There is undoubtedly large pockets of unemployment amongst ethnic minorities in some of our big cities iespecially amongst afro-Caribbean groups. A lot of these youngsters are third even fourth generation. They were born here.

Yes my statement was so unsubstantiated you agree with it!

We are not an Asian country are we? We are predominantly a white Christian country and if large parts of some towns and cities more resemble Pakistan and we are paying a fortune in benefits to as you quite rightly say to even 3rd and 4th generation immigrants can you remind us all of the benefits of immigration in such numbers?

You are obviously pro immigration come what may; I would prefer an immigration system that encourages the brightest and the best who give added value to the UK. I would argue that yours is the more extreme position.  People keep voting in governments who propose a more controlled immigration policy and keep rejecting parties who advocate no controls.
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 290
aldi_01
July 6, 2020, 4:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

We are not an Asian country are we? We are predominantly a white Christian country and if large parts of some towns and cities more resemble Pakistan and we are paying a fortune in benefits to as you quite rightly say to even 3rd and 4th generation immigrants can you remind us all of the benefits of immigration in such numbers?

You are obviously pro immigration come what may; I would prefer an immigration system that encourages the brightest and the best who give added value to the UK. I would argue that yours is the more extreme position.  People keep voting in governments who propose a more controlled immigration policy and keep rejecting parties who advocate no controls.

Ironic though don’t you think, those folk who voted for a party that wants stricter immigration rules and so forth have now a petty in charge that openly discussed and implemented, essentially, mass immigration to plug workers force gaps...I mean you couldn’t make it up.

Did those 75 million Romanians ever land here? Asking for a bloke called Nige...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 6, 2020, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Ironic though don’t you think, those folk who voted for a party that wants stricter immigration rules and so forth have now a petty in charge that openly discussed and implemented, essentially, mass immigration to plug workers force gaps...I mean you couldn’t make it up.

Did those 75 million Romanians ever land here? Asking for a bloke called Nige...

He never said they would. He did however make the quite obvious point that due to freedom of movement they could move to the UK if they so wished.
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 290
barralad
July 6, 2020, 5:52pm
Mariners Trust

But those fourth generation people are not immigrants are they? They may be of a different colour but they are undeniably British.
I'm not against controls on immigration but the qualifying conditions have to be reasonable. It may be that the near future predicted mass unemployment may see more of the majority that inhabit this country turn their hands to jobs at the lower skills level but the care sector and the ancillary level of the NHS would be in an even more disastrous shape if it wasn't for immigrants-none of whom earn enough to meet the income qualifying condition that I heard bandied about (I'm prepared to accept this may have changed as I haven't seen very much of the detail laid out in the new laws) Incidentally most qualified nurses don't meet that income level either.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 290
barralad
July 6, 2020, 5:56pm
Mariners Trust

He never said they would. He did however make the quite obvious point that due to freedom of movement they could move to the UK if they so wished.

Yeah but under freedom of movement the 66 million Brits could move to Romania to get away from them.  Scaremongering of the lowest common denominator.  Farridge also said that millions of Turks would come here despite his knowing that there was no realistic possibility of Turkey being admitted into the EU.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 290
arryarryarry
July 6, 2020, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from barralad

Yeah but under freedom of movement the 66 million Brits could move to Romania to get away from them.  Scaremongering of the lowest common denominator.  Farridge also said that millions of Turks would come here despite his knowing that there was no realistic possibility of Turkey being admitted into the EU.

Tony Blair said a few thousand Eastern European migrants would come here when hundreds of thousands came.

Most politicians talk bollox. If you see one moving his/hers lips you can bet they are lying.  

PS Has that lying twit Blair ever apologised about the Iraq war?
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 6, 2020, 7:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

This type of argument lost the referendum. Trying to distract by saying everything is scaremongering when the facts speak for themselves. People can see with their own eyes that mass uncontrolled immigration from the EU has already taken place. Its a fact. Farrage was simply highlighting the fact that if we remained members any people from any potential new member state would also be allowed to come to the UK if they wished.

As with a lot of things the left lost the argument with the general public, whose common sense told them that if free movement continued unabated we would have serious problems piling up.

I mean what an argument to put forward - Romanians move to the UK, but hey no matter we could move there!
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 6, 2020, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

But those fourth generation people are not immigrants are they? They may be of a different colour but they are undeniably British.
I'm not against controls on immigration but the qualifying conditions have to be reasonable. It may be that the near future predicted mass unemployment may see more of the majority that inhabit this country turn their hands to jobs at the lower skills level but the care sector and the ancillary level of the NHS would be in an even more disastrous shape if it wasn't for immigrants-none of whom earn enough to meet the income qualifying condition that I heard bandied about (I'm prepared to accept this may have changed as I haven't seen very much of the detail laid out in the new laws) Incidentally most qualified nurses don't meet that income level either.

Of course those fourth generations are British, no one is disputing that. What we are discussing is how too many of that third and fourth generation do not wish to integrate, speak English or contribute to society. If we start having a more robust immigration system now, we will not be faced with the same problems in the future.

The whole point of immigration controls is that we decide who to let in. Not an extreme position to take as nearly every other country in the world takes a similar view, bar the EU countries of course. We may well decide on a salary figure that excludes some of your examples. So what? If we are short of people in the sectors you mention, we may relax the rules for a short period, or use some other lever at the governments discretion to attract more British workers. Control is the name of the game. Not racism. No hidden agendas, just the control of who comes into this country.

Private Message
Reply: 128 - 290
barralad
July 7, 2020, 8:10am
Mariners Trust

This type of argument lost the referendum. Trying to distract by saying everything is scaremongering when the facts speak for themselves. People can see with their own eyes that mass uncontrolled immigration from the EU has already taken place. Its a fact. Farrage was simply highlighting the fact that if we remained members any people from any potential new member state would also be allowed to come to the UK if they wished.

As with a lot of things the left lost the argument with the general public, whose common sense told them that if free movement continued unabated we would have serious problems piling up.

I mean what an argument to put forward - Romanians move to the UK, but hey no matter we could move there!

The comment was designed to show the hyperbole Farridge uses (to great effect) time and again. Of course it is ridiculous to say 66 million British would move to Romania-as ridiculous as saying that the quoted number of immigrants would come here from Romania.
Your arguments might be more believable if you didn't try to make it a left/right issue. I know many Tories who voted Remain. I also know many of what you describe as the Far Left who voted out.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 290
30 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.