Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Humbercod, Jackal, mariner91 and 106 Guests

Anti-racism protests

This thread currently has 22,318 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
July 12, 2020, 2:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120

Of course you could look at Census returns but I won’t bore you with it.

Like I said in a previous post, this simple generalising does not work. Remember the problems in Boston for example? The incomers there were largely east European but they put a tremendous strain on schools, social and medical services because of their sheer numbers and lack of English.

The issues in Leicester (Burnley, Doncaster ..... ) are also more complex. The immigration of older family is one of the reasons for a high percentage of non-English speakers. The immigrant communities are not homogeneous either. There is antipathy (posh word for racism really) between groups that come from different countries/areas in the sub-continent. This has always been the case but we rarely hear of it because of the closed nature of immigrant communities.

It is wrong to call this issue as a one-stop problem with a one-stop solution. It is also wrong to casually call racist anyone who dares to raise the issue.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-fi.....or-free-school-meals

It may be worth a look at the performance of different ethnic groups in school. It would suggest that those with 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation migrant background perform better in secondary school than their white British peers. This would suggest that the level of English is very high if not universal amongst 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation migrants.
Students from a Black Caribbean and traveller communities are the worst performers although both ethnicities 1st language is generally English.

I would suggest that idea that 4th generation migrant descendants not speaking English is fake news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 290
ska face
July 12, 2020, 2:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,781
Gold Stars: 851

I knew we could rely on you to state the bleeding obvious.

If you want to talk about staying the obvious, I’d start with the fact that migrants being net contributors to the economy is not the reason that services and infrastructure is stretched, but its a direct outgrowth of cuts and a lack of investment infrastructure which is entirely ideological.

Still, you carry on talking your garbage.
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 290
lew chaterleys lover
July 12, 2020, 3:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Lets just clear one or two things up.

I am certainly not a racist. I have never been a racist and will never be a racist.

My comments were that the UK should have a more restrictive immigration policy, points-based.

This is current government policy and it is one of the many reasons I voted Conservative like millions of others and why the Conservatives romped home with an 80 seat majority, so I am certainly not in a minority.

The reason I want to have some controls over immigration (and the government to actually use those powers) is nothing to do with racism whatsoever, it is because of the strain unlimited immigration is putting on local communities, in terms of housing, infrastructure, schooling, social services and the NHS. That is my view. Too many people over too short a time frame will obviously put communities under stress. That is my view. I also think that multiculturalism, as it was envisaged, has not worked because too many areas have remained too white, and too many areas have remained too ethnic. That is also my view.

The third and fourth generation immigrants discussion about Leicester was all over the media last week - I thought even some community leaders were worried that the governments message was not getting through due to language difficulties. In any event I do not spend hours checking every fact that appears on my newsfeed - I don't think many people do, but if you are one of them that does then congratulations.

What has got me very upity on here is the notion that if you are a fraction to the right of Richard Burgon you are literally Hitler. This simply has to stop. Free speech is everything, and shouting down people who lead exemplary lives but have a different view of politics is not on.

I lost my temper with one or two posters who tried to portray me as a cross between Ghengis Khan and Satan, and I am sorry about that but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Some arrogant posters will say they will "call me out" on it, just for daring to speak any opinion other than the one they approve of. I will continue to speak on any subject I want, how I want,  when I want.

For now however, this is my last post on this particular thread.

PS the BNP reference was obviously a joke, but if I read something in a right of centre paper, which probably confirms my world view, how is that any different to reading a left of centre paper which guess what - confirms your world view?!
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 290
ska face
July 12, 2020, 3:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,781
Gold Stars: 851
“literally Hitler”

“a cross between Ghengis Khan and Satan”

Embarrassing. This is the right when you dare tell them they are wrong and even give them empirical evidence to prove it. The inferiority and victim complex which shapes their world is clear for all to see in this thread. I’m just ashamed that it has been allowed to shape this country into such a cesspit.
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 290
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 12, 2020, 4:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ska face

If you want to talk about staying the obvious, I’d start with the fact that migrants being net contributors to the economy is not the reason that services and infrastructure is stretched, but its a direct outgrowth of cuts and a lack of investment infrastructure which is entirely ideological.

Still, you carry on talking your garbage.

Your problem is that you never read anything That people put before you type a diatribe. I have already said that this one-size-fits-all notion of immigration is bunkum. So is the one-size-fits-all labelling of anyone who wants to raise an issue over immigration as racist.

The Boston example is a good case study. The rapid influx of immigrants caused immediate problems as I said. There was a shortage of trained teachers who could speak the various languages, there were issues with the translation of documents etc. There were funding troubles and outside of the harvest season there was a benefits overload. Over the country if you take immigration as a whole I.e. including all the qualified doctors and so on, then you can justifiably say there is a net benefit. But clearly life is not as simple as you would like it to be because you will always get areas where the situation is reversed. I suspect you could go through the London boroughs for instance and find some with huge net Immigration benefit and others with deficit. That is why I take issue with those simplistic one dimensional views.

The same applies to the white objectors in local areas. Are all BNP voters de facto fascists? That is as much nonsense as saying all BLM marchers are communist. You have to look at who they are and what they are saying and why. You cannot just denigrate people because you disagree with them. The Bradford headmaster Ray Honeyford pointed out in the 70s that multiculturalism and a failure to integrate immigrant children in schools would lead to ghettoising and problems.

So now we have Muslim schools masquerading as Cof E. we have a substantial percentage of the population in some areas who take more note of sharia law than English law. We have a substantial sexist issue, we have FGM as a common practice hidden away. We have child abuse as a routine event covered up for fear of being called out as racist. Then there is the elephant of terrorism. You cannot just ignore these things, pretend they don’t exist and hide behind some nice global stats and a few insults. They do exist, how do we deal with them? Answers on a postcard.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 290
Rick12
July 12, 2020, 4:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

The Boston example is a good case study. The rapid influx of immigrants caused immediate problems as I said. There was a shortage of trained teachers who could speak the various languages, there wereues with the translation of documents etc. There were funding troubles and outside of the harvest

So now we have Muslim schools masquerading as Cof E. we have a substantial percentage of the population in some areas who take more note of sharia law than English law. We have a substantial sexist issue, we have FGM as a common practice hidden away. We have child abuse as a routine event covered up for fear of being called out as racist. Then there is the elephant of terrorism. You cannot just ignore these things, pretend they don’t exist and hide behind some nice global stats and a few insults. They do exist, how do we deal with them? Answers on a postcard.

I think like anything you do need a level of control and there has in some areas been to many people coming into a area and stretching local resources. The same analogy can be seen in nature eg to many animals coming to the watering hole and not enough resources for all which creates problems.

Give it time though and the world will probably be more homogenous.  You only have to look at Brazil for one where years of mixing the races creates a mulato race.

Theres some good people on this forum on both sides of the political divide eg yourself and codcheeky to name but a few. That's ultimately what's important though eg good character in this life as in the end that trumps all.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 290
paulgtfc
July 12, 2020, 4:31pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Rick12
Valid point eg I know there has been  tension amongst African and Jamaicans for one.Having lived  in London for over 20 years  there are issues with some people eg some Muslims not mingling that much due to the differences in ideology.On the other hand though Ive met some very nice Muslims.Hence good and bad in every race.

This post has got 2 crosses n 0 ticks so far.  Unbelievable.  The poster has made valid points and I have also noticed racism between different races.  It doesn’t just come from whites against blacks/Asians etc. It is sad that racism exists between so many different races.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 290
headingly_mariner
July 12, 2020, 4:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120

Your problem is that you never read anything That people put before you type a diatribe. I have already said that this one-size-fits-all notion of immigration is bunkum. So is the one-size-fits-all labelling of anyone who wants to raise an issue over immigration as racist.

The Boston example is a good case study. The rapid influx of immigrants caused immediate problems as I said. There was a shortage of trained teachers who could speak the various languages, there were issues with the translation of documents etc. There were funding troubles and outside of the harvest season there was a benefits overload. Over the country if you take immigration as a whole I.e. including all the qualified doctors and so on, then you can justifiably say there is a net benefit. But clearly life is not as simple as you would like it to be because you will always get areas where the situation is reversed. I suspect you could go through the London boroughs for instance and find some with huge net Immigration benefit and others with deficit. That is why I take issue with those simplistic one dimensional views.

The same applies to the white objectors in local areas. Are all BNP voters de facto fascists? That is as much nonsense as saying all BLM marchers are communist. You have to look at who they are and what they are saying and why. You cannot just denigrate people because you disagree with them. The Bradford headmaster Ray Honeyford pointed out in the 70s that multiculturalism and a failure to integrate immigrant children in schools would lead to ghettoising and problems.

To the underlined, yes absolutely, they are a far right fascist group.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 290
Rick12
July 12, 2020, 4:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from paulgtfc

This post has got 2 crosses n 0 ticks so far.  Unbelievable.  The poster has made valid points and I have also noticed racism between different races.  It doesn’t just come from whites against blacks/Asians etc. It is sad that racism exists between so many different races.  
Its ok Paul truth often hurts and some people dont like brute honesty. The most likes/dislikes doesnt mean one iota on a small club forum in the grand scheme of things. As I've noted before for me environmental  issues are the most pressing concerns going forward.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 290
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 12, 2020, 5:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from headingly_mariner

To the underlined, yes absolutely, they are a far right fascist group.

That is rubbish. I said voters not members. Very big difference, The voters in Burnley for example are not fascist, they voted BNP because it seemed like the only party at the time that expressed some of their thoughts. It is much more like a protest vote against the established parties than any endorsement of the policies.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 290
30 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.