Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 192 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,358 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
May 18, 2017, 7:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Still no statement from the club then! why do they do this to the fans year in year out bunch of girl privates, Shaun Pearson had a great first season looking absolute quality for this league towards the end, he works so hard and improves every season and Ive no doubt he will be one of if not the best centre back in league 2 next season, so why the intercourse would you want rid of him it makes no sense, I hope his replacement is something special because if not he's going to have one hell of a miserable season.🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 231
Bigdog
May 18, 2017, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
As a servant to the club, it's sad to see him go. Thanks for all of your efforts on and off the pitch Shaun.

I know the number of  clean sheets thing keeps coming up, but we were only two or three of them higher than lower mid table clubs. Nearly as misleading as the League position Hurst left us in when we'd lost as many games as we'd won.

Great clubman, decent League Two player who I may have kept as a squad player if we are aiming for promotion. Sad to see him go but I'm intrigued to see his replacement. Got a feeling we are going to be quicker at the back next season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 231
sapper mariner
May 18, 2017, 7:50pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
What else can be said, Gutted to see him go no more worldy step overs from a more dedicated player.

I cant help but think that the hiring and sacking of MB has effected us massively. To many players coming in not many going out in the transfer window. I suspect that macca will be the next to go and then its a completely new squad for next season  

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 231
HertsGTFC
May 18, 2017, 7:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Unless I have missed something nothing is official yet is it? So maybe there has been some misunderstanding, I suspect an agent is at the bottom of all of this somewhere to be honest.

Personally I think Shaun is and has been a great servant to GTFC and if he goes I will be sorry to see him go, really sorry.

All of a sudden we have gone from 5 signed CBs to 1. However RS knows better than us what it takes to be successful in L2 and above so as much as it sticks in the throat we have to trust that he will replace a another much loved and respected player with players that will be able to help take us up and keep us up, if he does that then happy days if he doesn't god help him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 231
Vance Warner
May 18, 2017, 7:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,792
Gold Stars: 102
I get that football is all about opinions but it does feel like the club has lost its identity this season. We now seem to be happy to have a high turnover of players and managers which is a disaster waiting to happen. Whatever happened to working with the players you have to improve them? I really believe the promotion team was young enough with enough potential and a bit of tweaking to challenge in the top half of Div 4. Now we're left with a wheeler dealer manager who hardly played an £11 million 19 year old at Charlton. It might well be in the short term interests of the club and we might well get more points next season but the bond between fans and the club has been damaged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 231
MarinersOnTheUp
May 18, 2017, 8:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm glad you didn't stick at being nagged to a podiatrist. Bloody painful.

Will correct now, apologies. Have to blame my rushed typing on a noisy train home from uni and the autocorrect on my phone for that one though.

Didn't realise this was an English class though. Have you nothing better to do with your life?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 231
May 18, 2017, 8:11pm
Guest User
I think Shaun is/was one of the best center backs in the 2nd/national leagues. He would be an asset. Who is better Shaun or Boyce, Shaun or Josh?. I know who I'd rate, Shaun. Still unsure about Noddy Slade but.....Club said they were in negotiations with Pearson and Collins, didn't say they had been released, didn't say they'd been offered a contract, but in NEGOTIATIONS.
I am sad and sorry to see Pearson go, Dis I can understand, a bit. But Shaun, not sure.
I'll have lots to say if we finish lower than last season. Expecting promotion to be honest, anything less is unacceptable. Why can't we be a Huddlesfield.
Reply: 126 - 231
toontown
May 18, 2017, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,276
Gold Stars: 70
Gutted! Will be v surprised if the club can sign better player for the kind of money shaun was likely on, could well find ourselves lumbered with the sort of don't give a excrement mercenaries that took us down. How many players are as committed and professional as shaun when left out who are as good as him, and can come back stronger. Always willing (and more importantly able) to improve. Committed with his off the field help for GTFC. As many have said, one of a few players who has really 'got it' and gelled with Town fans, that has helped bring club and fans together. He has improved substantially this season too in my opinion. Just doesn't seem right. Really gutted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 231
pontoonlew
May 18, 2017, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
I like Shaun and I'm gutted he's gone, I think it's shite form from the club to not even let the fans know.

However, lets not have a meltdown over one player because we've no idea who's replacing him. It doesn't look like a great choice but we've no idea how it's going to pan out. If we're sat in December with a shite defence then fair play, but for now the only thing worth moaning about is the club treating us like muppets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 231
rancido
May 18, 2017, 8:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Unless I have missed something nothing is official yet is it? So maybe there has been some misunderstanding, I suspect an agent is at the bottom of all of this somewhere to be honest.

Personally I think Shaun is and has been a great servant to GTFC and if he goes I will be sorry to see him go, really sorry.

All of a sudden we have gone from 5 signed CBs to 1. However RS knows better than us what it takes to be successful in L2 and above so as much as it sticks in the throat we have to trust that he will replace a another much loved and respected player with players that will be able to help take us up and keep us up, if he does that then happy days if he doesn't god help him.

If PB or PH had been the managers that were letting Sean go most of the posters on here would have been screaming at them for being clowns or clueless. But because it's the wonderful " nearly man " RS then it's ok to let one of the better centre-backs in this league ( and one who has consistently improved his game ) go to another club !!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 231
24 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.