Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 124 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,314 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
May 18, 2017, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,584
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Mariner_09
Just heard JT on Sports talk.

Key points included

- he understands that in the past week or so we have been trying to pay off other contracts but nothing has materialised.

- RS wanted to keep him but budget constraints and the contracted players made it impossible.

- Bignot had offered him a deal but wouldn't sign it because of Bignot.

- We will all be shocked by who he's going to sign for.

All veey interesting.

In a good way I'm hoping that means?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 231
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 9:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
How can budget constraints make it impossible, we only have one centre back we need four, if Slade had really wanted him we would have signed him.

If the budget is really fubar then we need to ship out two of those centre mids asap. Don't Macc want Summerfield back, surely someone will take him even if we have to pay up a proportion of his wages.

I can't help but think some of PH signings last summer are proving real millstones.

Exactly my thoughts. If we wanted to keep him, we would, unless he has been made a much better offer elsewhere and we can't or won't match it. We will still need centre backs regardless of whether he stays or goes, and i assume one of similar or better quality would cost the same in wages as Shaun. Only other option is someone on a season long loan from a higher club with them paying a whack of his wages. Doesn't make sense to me if we are saying we can't keep him because we have too many players to offload.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 231
Hagrid
May 18, 2017, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,371
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Mariner_09

Key points included

- he understands that in the past week or so we have been trying to pay off other contracts but nothing has materialised.

- RS wanted to keep him but budget constraints and the contracted players made it impossible.

All veey interesting.

Go listen to it again and dont tell lies. No mention of all of " not signing it due to Bignot"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 231
Hagrid
May 18, 2017, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,371
Gold Stars: 532
JT actually said shaun had an offer from MB and was going to sign before he went
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 231
lew chaterleys lover
May 18, 2017, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,691
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from friskneymariner
This has very bad omens for next season.

What on earth are you on about? How can you make that assertion about a centre half (who is a great pro and an all round good egg) who wasnt a regular in the last 2 seasons? Why will that affect next season when we have a new squad with better players?
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 231
HertsGTFC
May 18, 2017, 9:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09

Key points included

All veey interesting.

The Gimps?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 231
HertsGTFC
May 18, 2017, 9:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido

If PB or PH had been the managers that were letting Sean go most of the posters on here would have been screaming at them for being clowns or clueless. But because it's the wonderful " nearly man " RS then it's ok to let one of the better centre-backs in this league ( and one who has consistently improved his game ) go to another club !!

Nah, I just made the point based upon the fact he is a football manager and despite what we may think he is better placed than we are to make decisions on players.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 231
Bigdog
May 18, 2017, 10:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Can't help thinking Slade is looking at a virtually new team build that is one hell of a gamble.

Here was me thinking we had a strong nucleus certainly a solid defence and needed just a couple of decent signings to improve things this coming season.

Dis was regrettable but understandable given his age but Pearson is a quality defender in anybody's eyes and at the peak of his career.

At the very least he was a more than capable squad man and would ALWAYS GIVE 100%. Best skipper we never had great man to have in the dressing room and so experienced and solid on the field.

Shaun never ever wanted away and forced his way back into the first team deservedly so. This must go down as one of the worst decisions of recent years.

He may have been, but how could you know, this is a massive assumption and unless anyone is regularly in a team's dressing room they couldn't have a clue about the dressing room's dynamics and who the big characters are..

We couldn't have had too many great men in the dressing room at half time last season, only picking up four points from a possible sixty after going behind in games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 231
KingstonMariner
May 18, 2017, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp

Will correct now, apologies. Have to blame my rushed typing on a noisy train home from uni and the autocorrect on my phone for that one though.

Didn't realise this was an English class though. Have you nothing better to do with your life?

No I don't have anything better to do. We didn't have technology to blame for our errors in my day.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 231
MarinersOnTheUp
May 18, 2017, 10:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Fervent up of being lied to by the club

I don't but the BS about the budget being too small. It'd be easy to get rid of them, just offer them for transfer for a nominal fee, simple, somebody is bound to take them.

Boyce is crap simple as.

Huge mistake losing Pearson. It's always one step forward and 10 back at GTFC.

Is debt collection friends with Becchetti at Orient?

Quoted from KingstonMariner

No I don't have anything better to do. We didn't have technology to blame for our errors in my day.

My fault for not proof reading it.

Couldn't care less what you did or didn't have in your day.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 231
24 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.