Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,307 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
OllieGTFC
May 19, 2017, 3:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Well that's a brilliant signing for them hope he does well good luck shaun

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 231
Barrattstander
May 19, 2017, 3:29pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +868
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from LondonMariner43
  Although plenty on here think Shaun has that potential, the fact that he has chosen to go to Wrexham suggests he didn't have L1 and higher clubs knocking on his door.  In my view he's a good honest National League/ League 2 pro.

It could also be possible that signing for a moribund National League club like Wrexham indicates that that is how Shaun perceives himself.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 231
Madeleymariner
May 19, 2017, 3:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Good luck Shaun lets hope he isn't replaced with a Haywood or Gunning. Poor from the club to try and leave him hanging over being given a contract. Either he is good enough which means they should of offered him a contract a couple of weeks ago, or not good enough so just release him. To look at it as a "well he'll have to do because our first choices wont sign" is not the way to get the best out of your team. As I posted the day he was anounced as manager Slade can "do one" as far as I'm concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 231
May 19, 2017, 3:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Good luck Shaun lets hope he isn't replaced with a Haywood or Gunning. Poor from the club to try and leave him hanging over being given a contract. Either he is good enough which means they should of offered him a contract a couple of weeks ago, or not good enough so just release him. To look at it as a "well he'll have to do because our first choices wont sign" is not the way to get the best out of your team. As I posted the day he was anounced as manager Slade can "do one" as far as I'm concerned.

What a bizarre comment entirely based on supposition... you seem to have taken some percieved greivance against Slade, read between the lines of the club statement, added 2 and 2 and made 304040202.
Reply: 193 - 231
Madeleymariner
May 19, 2017, 3:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 935

What a bizarre comment entirely based on supposition... you seem to have taken some percieved greivance against Slade, read between the lines of the club statement, added 2 and 2 and made 304040202.

Dont rate Slade, never did rate him while he was here before, the Shaun thing has little to do with it. Hes just another journeyman manager making a living who might but I doubt it move the club forward. Re Pearson I have not posted anything up to now as that really would have been pure speculation. The club statement seems to say they were keeping him hanging on a new contract to see if they could get someone better instead -no way to treat a loyal professional like Shaun and Im pleased he has gone for it and found a club that really wants him, rather than being messed around by Slade/Fenty or whoever made the decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 231
May 19, 2017, 3:59pm
Guest User

Dont rate Slade, never did rate him while he was here before, the Shaun thing has little to do with it. Hes just another journeyman manager making a living who might but I doubt it move the club forward. Re Pearson I have not posted anything up to now as that really would have been pure speculation. The club statement seems to say they were keeping him hanging on a new contract to see if they could get someone better instead -no way to treat a loyal professional like Shaun and Im pleased he has gone for it and found a club that really wants him, rather than being messed around by Slade/Fenty or whoever made the decision.

SO basically cos you dont like Slade/Fenty its their fault... What corking logic..
Reply: 195 - 231
May 19, 2017, 4:03pm
Guest User

The other side of the coin is of course that Slade has spent the last week or so trying to see what his budget is, by clearing out, making offers to pay off those on longer contracts, before he starts signing or resigning players. Its also possible that Pearson had a very good offer from Wrexham with a time limit for a decision and didnt want to hang around and wait. In that scenario of course there s actually no one to blame though that doesnt really suit your agenda.

Equally with contracts, there seems to be some impression here that a contract is simply handed to someone before negotiations- which is of course not how it happens. People tend to negotiate their terms and then write a contract with those terms in it when they have agreed otherwise some poor sod would be sat re drafting contracts 10 times a day.
Reply: 196 - 231
fishyfanny
May 19, 2017, 4:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
That's a good interview with Shaun, it's pretty clear that he's happy with the move.

Good luck Shaun, enjoy your holiday and best of wishes with your move to North Wales!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 231
Madeleymariner
May 19, 2017, 4:11pm

Vodka Drinker
I dont dislike Fenty or Slade and I have no agenda, just dont think Slade will get us promoted-whatever the budget is going to be we need 3 central defenders and only have 1 under contract so he must sign 2 central defenders therefore Pearson is either good enough or not to retained, so surely all this could have been discussed and a result sorted over the last couple of weeks, or are we expecting to get better but cheaper than him (does not happen very often),
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 231
Marinerz93
May 19, 2017, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Really gutted to see Shaun go, someone who gives 100% for the cause and even more in the community, it's our loss he is going Fenty, you should have done more to keep him.

I would have thought he could have found a better club than Wrexham even though we would class them as a league club considering their history and fan base, however we don't need any more Welsh teams in the English league so I hope they do well enough but not enough to get promoted, baaaaaah.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 231
24 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.