Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 308 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,354 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 18, 2017, 6:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
If the lad goes he will depart with a lot of affection from the fans. Pearson has been an asset to the club with his commitment and his loyalty. As a player he has improved and we have even seen signs of attacking prowess we hardly recognised with his stepovers.

But, like Pete said earlier, we can't keep players just because we like them as people. Even Hurst from time to time felt Pearson needed to be left out. Why? I would suggest it is his tendency to lose focus in the area at crucial moments and lose players he is marking. He can be pretty good in the air but maybe the manager feels he doesn't consistently win enough balls. Perhaps some of this has been responsible to an extent for McKeown's uncertainties at times.

Pearson can play at L2 level but I don't think he could be guaranteed a regular slot in a promotion chasing side. We might like the lad a lot and we would all wish him well but the club must move forward.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 231
golfer
May 18, 2017, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115

Talk about a glass half empty. What a drama queen you are.

A drama queen is usually acting- I'm not -you have got your choice -I've made mine.You have got your opinions-I have got mine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 231
headingly_mariner
May 18, 2017, 7:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
A totally disastrous January has left us with a massive squad of players we don't want. I fear we are losing Shaun because of that.
Hopefully someone at the club will see sense and make a last minute offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 231
golfer
May 18, 2017, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from moosey_club

any chance you could reverse that decision and attend the games but not come on here ?    

That's it-I have just made my 5 lads,6 daughters 3 sisters and all my 12 wives members of The Fishy and I will be posting on every single thread from now on on their behalf-you don't know their names so you wont know it's me even if you think it's my style of nonsense  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 231
TAGG
May 18, 2017, 7:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Idiots running our club.
We have one of the best defensive units in the league so have a great base to begin building a side for next season.
Out of the four one is under contract another hasn't even been offered a contract and has now gone and the other two are very doubtful they will stay.

These four should have been signed up with offers they couldn't refuse.
What the intercourse is wrong with the idiots running our club.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 231
Cod Cheeks
May 18, 2017, 7:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Crazy, crazy, crazy if true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 231
Cod Cheeks
May 18, 2017, 7:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Crazy, crazy, crazy if true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 231
KingstonMariner
May 18, 2017, 7:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
intercourse

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 231
wiggers
May 18, 2017, 7:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Can't believe this, Pearson is quality. A no nonsense defender who would be one of the first names on my team sheet every week. This has to be a wind up surely........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 231
KingstonMariner
May 18, 2017, 7:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
I believe we've just commited defensive suicide.

I love this club but I'm sorry, it's run by absoulute cretins.

How many more players must we lose/ let go stupidly.

Shaun Pearson was the beat Centre Back we'd had for a long time and with a rib of games he proved why he could be part of a team to laugh for promotion next seaso.

Don't get me wrong I'm one of the most positive fans, I've defended players before when nobody else would but I don't like the direction the club is heading in.

I've always been positive about any new manager (even when we first hired woods somehow I nagard to be podiatrist about it, not that that lasted long!). I've also defended Hurt when many whites him out but I really wasn't feeling positive when we hired slade.

The manor in which we hired him didn't seem right, certain word begining with N comes to mind but I'd probably get in trouble if I used it.

This is a huge mistake. I honestly think there's problems high up in this club. I'm not convinced by slade either.

Nice to see the club has lied to us again too, just like they did when they said Shrewsbury weren't in for Hurst.

Absolutely disgusting that there hasn't been an official announcement at the time of me postin this either.

I really am worried.

I'm glad you didn't stick at being nagged to a podiatrist. Bloody painful.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 231
24 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.