Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 148 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,321 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2017, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chicaneuk
Gutted. Worried it's going to a bumpy start to next season without mainstays of the club having been shown the door.

I want to get behind the manager but I am just so disappointed he has really done a hatchet job on some of the most respected players in the squad, and key members who got us promoted.

Hardly think that not offering Dis a contract when he'll be 36 in August is a 'hatchet job'. I'm sure that Slade & Wilko believe they can find better and it's their opinion (and subsequent results) that will matter. Of course it's sad to see them go but if you really want an example of a hatchet job, it's surely Bignot's treatment of Gowling and Chambers.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 231
golfer
May 18, 2017, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,426
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Talk about loyalty in the game.............  it is non-existent. Surely with their wealth of experience Dis and Shaun should have had at least been given one year deals.  They have given so much to this club, and both shown great loyalty and how do we repay that loyalty......  This saddens me the way GTFC handle affairs like this and it kind of makes you ashamed of the hierarchy of this club.

One thing is for sure, keep this up and season ticket sales won't be great.  Let's not forget either that Russell Slade has NEVER got a team promoted as yet, despite a couple of near misses.  I keep the faith as ever, but am completed copulated off by the clubs integrity.

Thanks Shaun, you were a great lad for GTFC, you gave everything and never moaned about anything at all.  A shining example to all players.

UTM

I said a couple of weeks ago that if Pearson went my season ticket would also go. I don't feel this present hierarchy deserve my hard earned money. This last season was utter shite yet I still turned up week after week. Errors and mistakes were made from the word go and as far as I could see the fans were never kept in the picture regards to Bogle and other important events. Lies were told about Macca and this most recent debacle highlights the need for GTFC to get their house in order. I will still support Grimsby Town as I have done for the last 60 years but I will only do it in future when it suits me. Believe me the gates will be down next year unless this scrabble of an organisation gets its house in order and manage to get the fans back onside.       [  I will still rely on the Fishy to keep me informed on the games I dont attend    ]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 231
lew chaterleys lover
May 18, 2017, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,708
Gold Stars: 236
He is a real club man, a great guy and a good Conference centre half. But he has not even been a regular last season in the Conference or this season in league 2, and our stated aim is to get into league 1.

If he goes, we have given him the best seasons of his career and he has given us 100% commitment so why do we have to dramatise that a player might be moving on? Everybody moves on at some point or we would still be playing Keith Jobling at centre half.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 231
lew chaterleys lover
May 18, 2017, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,708
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from golfer

I said a couple of weeks ago that if Pearson went my season ticket would also go. I don't feel this present hierarchy deserve my hard earned money. This last season was utter shite yet I still turned up week after week. Errors and mistakes were made from the word go and as far as I could see the fans were never kept in the picture regards to Bogle and other important events. Lies were told about Macca and this most recent debacle highlights the need for GTFC to get their house in order. I will still support Grimsby Town as I have done for the last 60 years but I will only do it in future when it suits me. Believe me the gates will be down next year unless this scrabble of an organisation gets its house in order and manage to get the fans back onside.       [  I will still rely on the Fishy to keep me informed on the games I dont attend    ]

Talk about a glass half empty. What a drama queen you are.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 231
Mariner_501
May 18, 2017, 6:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
This club is rotten to the absolute core and has been the 15ish years I've been a supporter. I've never known an organisation to do everything so badly wrong. Ever. Write a list of things the club have done right and wrong the last 15 years. It's not even close
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 231
Mrs Doyle
May 18, 2017, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Pearson was a strong character that lead from the front had a massive influence on the youngsters commanded respect and adapted his game to become a more cultured solid defender not many could win a battle in the air against him.

Obviously Slade knew non of this but most of the others should have advised him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 231
Mrs Doyle
May 18, 2017, 6:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859

Talk about a glass half empty. What a drama queen you are.

No he's concerned the way our decent players are being treated nothing wrong with that. Successful teams are built on strong bonds and team ethos. Looks like that as been completely decimated another rebuild on and off the field and hope for stability..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 231
stevethefish
May 18, 2017, 6:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
A real shame. Not a player Im happy to lose.

Thank you Shaun, you've been a great servant to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 231
headingly_mariner
May 18, 2017, 6:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
It's a total error and a massive loss for me. Super dependable and always improving. Gutted to see him leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 231
devs
May 18, 2017, 6:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Some of the comments from 'fans' venting their spleen over Shaun Pearson are frankly laughable
First off Shaun is a great lad and committed player; he has bought into the whole GTFC ethos and been a fantastic ambassador for the club as well as a very solid defender who was a huge part of getting us out of the Conference.
However, I am not certain he is of a standard for a club with ambitions of chasing a play off/promotion place

We have to trust RS and Wilko's judgement and I am certain they will have someone lined who in their opinion is better.

Refusing to go to watch GTFC again cos of a player departing - the words rattle, pram, throwing spring to mind

It's a sad day and the play off final team/squad has just about gone but football moves on

We also know nothing of the ins and outs of any discussions that took place between the club and player

Shaun is a model pro and I wish him all the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 231
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.