Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 413 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,100 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
May 18, 2017, 4:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
We will miss Pearson, he's the best CB we have in the squad, Collins is too slow now unfortunately as he is a fine player and Boyce just makes too many mistakes. If Pearson is going as it seems it will be a huge loss and I would expect to see him in a team pushing for promotion if not a team in League 1

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 231
Mrs Doyle
May 18, 2017, 4:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Anybody know where he as gone?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 231
codcheeky
May 18, 2017, 4:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from LH
Roll up, roll up! Come and see the Magnificent Mariners circus. Be stunned by our PR, marvel at our squad filled once again with mercenaries. Tickets priced only £18 (but likely to go up next season so think yourselves lucky)!

🎪🤹‍♂️🤡

Hopefully we are not going to sign a journeyman last paycheque centre half and pay him twice as much as  someone with the heart and attitude of Pearson, we tried that route and ended in non league for 6 years, Pearson looked our best centre back on many occasions this season and was the only one still improving
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 231
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 4:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Thanks for all your efforts Shaun, on and off the pitch. You were nothing but dedicated and professional in your whole time at the club and i wish you well in the future. Like Diz, you will always be welcome here.

Hope he plays in the Diz match, so we can give him a good send off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 231
The_Laughing_Mariner
May 18, 2017, 5:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
Good luck Shaun wherever you end up

Except against us of course

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 231
LH
May 18, 2017, 5:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from codcheeky

Hopefully we are not going to sign a journeyman last paycheque centre half and pay him twice as much as  someone with the heart and attitude of Pearson, we tried that route and ended in non league for 6 years, Pearson looked our best centre back on many occasions this season and was the only one still improving

We're going to struggle to find a replacement who wants to be a Town player as much as SP has over the last few years. There is of course a possibility that Shaun himself has asked to leave but I doubt it with a Grimbarian Mrs and little 'un. Unless of course he is staying in the county/region.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 231
Mrs Doyle
May 18, 2017, 5:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Never did I think that last goal he scored would be the last we see of Pearson in a black and white shirt  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 231
TheCodfather1966
May 18, 2017, 5:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Talk about loyalty in the game.............  it is non-existent. Surely with their wealth of experience Dis and Shaun should have had at least been given one year deals.  They have given so much to this club, and both shown great loyalty and how do we repay that loyalty......  This saddens me the way GTFC handle affairs like this and it kind of makes you ashamed of the hierarchy of this club.

One thing is for sure, keep this up and season ticket sales won't be great.  Let's not forget either that Russell Slade has NEVER got a team promoted as yet, despite a couple of near misses.  I keep the faith as ever, but am completed copulated off by the clubs integrity.

Thanks Shaun, you were a great lad for GTFC, you gave everything and never moaned about anything at all.  A shining example to all players.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 231
RichMariner
May 18, 2017, 5:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Sad times.

I can sort of understand the argument that we might be able to replace him (I'm sure Slade has his targets) but like Disley going, I fear we're losing someone who truly understands what it's like to not just play for Grimsby, but care for Grimsby.

There's no doubt that Shaun's off-field work showed how much he cared for the club and community. A lot of it was off his own back, from what I understand.

Shaun and Diz were very close with the fans. They 'got it' from our perspective, mainly because they spent so long with us (remarkably long, given the level we were/are at).

We may even get promoted next season, but it'll be a long time before we build another team that feels as close to the fans. It took Hurst a few years to build that sort of squad, but it's been unceremoniously dismantled now.

All the best, Shaun. Thanks for everything you've given to the GTFC cause, both on and off the pitch.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 78 - 231
sonofmadeleymariner
May 18, 2017, 5:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Anybody know where he as gone?

Rumors he's off to Lincoln but as I said only rumors nothing else

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 231
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.