Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,302 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
May 18, 2017, 8:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from rancido

If PB or PH had been the managers that were letting Sean go most of the posters on here would have been screaming at them for being clowns or clueless. But because it's the wonderful " nearly man " RS then it's ok to let one of the better centre-backs in this league ( and one who has consistently improved his game ) go to another club !!

Correction - MB !!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 231
mariner91
May 18, 2017, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,566
Gold Stars: 260
It's a shame because Shaun has been the most professional player we've ever had and has gone above and beyond for the club and community in so many ways. He's had plenty of setbacks whilst playing for us but always come back better even when you think he's reached his peak and can't step up any more. What's more is he's not once grumbled when he's been out of the team, just got his head down and worked even harder. I admire him a lot and he's a perfect role model for any kids who've been lucky enough to have been in contact with him. He will be sorely missed I'm sure and not just for his footballing ability, and I'm certain that he's a good/very good defender for this level.

However, all players move on and RS is no mug. If he's willing to allow Pearson to move on then he must be fairly confident that he can bring in somebody who is an improvement and I'm excited to see who it could be. Best of luck Shaun, you'll always be welcome back at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 231
mariner91
May 18, 2017, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

If PB or PH had been the managers that were letting Sean go most of the posters on here would have been screaming at them for being clowns or clueless. But because it's the wonderful " nearly man " RS then it's ok to let one of the better centre-backs in this league ( and one who has consistently improved his game ) go to another club !!

Slade had a pretty good record of signing centre backs for us and I feel pretty confident he'll replace Pearson with someone who is better than Gav Gunning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 231
LH
May 18, 2017, 8:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from pontoonlew
I like Shaun and I'm gutted he's gone, I think it's shite form from the club to not even let the fans know.

However, lets not have a meltdown over one player because we've no idea who's replacing him. It doesn't look like a great choice but we've no idea how it's going to pan out. If we're sat in December with a shite defence then fair play, but for now the only thing worth moaning about is the club treating us like muppets.

This pretty much.

Players come and go and everyone will accept that.

The fans remain forever and this past week we've had two examples of getting mugged off by our beloved club with this either lying or incompetence from the media dept (who'd accuse them of that?!) and the threat/promise of admission increases next season.

We're not non-league anymore, Town. Start acting like a professional outfit or risk losing the support it's taken years to build in little over a year.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 231
rancido
May 18, 2017, 8:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mariner91

Slade had a pretty good record of signing centre backs for us and I feel pretty confident he'll replace Pearson with someone who is better than Gav Gunning.

But Gunning was being assessed and had only signed until the end of the season. We don't know if MB would have extended Gunnings' contract.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 231
mariner91
May 18, 2017, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

But Gunning was being assessed and had only signed until the end of the season. We don't know if MB would have extended Gunnings' contract.

The fact that he considered him potentially good enough at all is alarming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 231
ginnywings
May 18, 2017, 8:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
RS didn't do too badly last time. Jones and Whittle were one of the better centre back pairings i can remember at Town. Both brought in by Slade at the start of his reign with us last time, although Jones took a while to shine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 231
Mrs Doyle
May 18, 2017, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Can't help thinking Slade is looking at a virtually new team build that is one hell of a gamble.

Here was me thinking we had a strong nucleus certainly a solid defence and needed just a couple of decent signings to improve things this coming season.

Dis was regrettable but understandable given his age but Pearson is a quality defender in anybody's eyes and at the peak of his career.

At the very least he was a more than capable squad man and would ALWAYS GIVE 100%. Best skipper we never had great man to have in the dressing room and so experienced and solid on the field.

Shaun never ever wanted away and forced his way back into the first team deservedly so. This must go down as one of the worst decisions of recent years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 231
Superdan147
May 18, 2017, 8:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Can't believe some of the over reaction by some! Shaun has been a fantastic servant, a good player, and is a great genuine bloke. I'm a little disappointed he's going yes BUT like I said about diz and gowling, sentiment will not win us promotion next year, but better players might.

Fans threatening to not renew season tickets etc etc is just ridiculous. It's a decision that's been made by All parties hopefully for the good of the club. Of course time will tell.

We had a large squad, we simply cannot keep players just because we like them. This squad proved it was a little way off making the play offs and way short of the automatics. And let's not forget we had a prolific front man in Omar for over half the season. Take his goals away and where would we of been?

As for a new centre back, I'd be amazed if Nathan Clarke isn't signed in the next few weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 231
TheRealJohnLewis
May 18, 2017, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from devs
Some of the comments from 'fans' venting their spleen over Shaun Pearson are frankly laughable
First off Shaun is a great lad and committed player; he has bought into the whole GTFC ethos and been a fantastic ambassador for the club as well as a very solid defender who was a huge part of getting us out of the Conference.
However, I am not certain he is of a standard for a club with ambitions of chasing a play off/promotion place

We have to trust RS and Wilko's judgement and I am certain they will have someone lined who in their opinion is better.

Refusing to go to watch GTFC again cos of a player departing - the words rattle, pram, throwing spring to mind

It's a sad day and the play off final team/squad has just about gone but football moves on

We also know nothing of the ins and outs of any discussions that took place between the club and player

Shaun is a model pro and I wish him all the best

Trust is earned not given.

Private Message
Reply: 139 - 231
24 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.