Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 212 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,319 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
May 19, 2017, 1:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And the response is a fair one. What comes out of this is that John Tondeur should have asked the club about releasing the information yesterday and if he had, would have probably been told to wait till the club announced it today, as per Shaun's wishes. By way of a simple conversation, last night's shitstorm could have been averted in everybody's interests.

After all that, good luck Shaun, sure you will be a success at Wrexham.

John Tonduer isnt employed by GTFC, his information came from Shaun himself who was happy the info was released.

The club like control, even demand it at times, but some prefer to get the information not being fed sanitised claptrap. I'd bet that if Shaun's statement hadnt said what it did then the club statement would have been worded totally differently

Private Message
Reply: 180 - 231
sydney
May 19, 2017, 1:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
This is all wrong JF
Didn't we learn anything from last season
New Players New Squad Says PH
New Players New Squad Says MB
And it would seem RS is been let to go the same way
Surely we can see that the club needs some consistency and stability with Shaun and Disley Gowling staying etc..
You should have done more and negotiated harder and longer with Shaun whatever he wanted as you will not find a player who will try harder when he is wearing the shirt
I am unsure what we are trying to achieve by letting this happen??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 231
Stew0_0
May 19, 2017, 1:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
Interesting to point out that he says "Wrexham was his best choice". Which suggests that he didnt have offers from other league two clubs.  Don't get me know I was a big fan of Shaun's but clearly Slade didn't see him as a guaranteed starter and therefore couldn't offering him a contract immediately.

I expect us to also not offer Collins a contract and look forward to seeing who Slade has lined up in the coming weeks

Good Luck Shaun and thanks for your loyalty and work you did in the community. Wrexham have a good player for their level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 231
Chrisblor
May 19, 2017, 1:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Stew0_0
Interesting to point out that he says "Wrexham was his best choice". Which suggests that he didnt have offers from other league two clubs.  Don't get me know I was a big fan of Shaun's but clearly Slade didn't see him as a guaranteed starter and therefore couldn't offering him a contract immediately.

I expect us to also not offer Collins a contract and look forward to seeing who Slade has lined up in the coming weeks

Good Luck Shaun and thanks for your loyalty and work you did in the community. Wrexham have a good player for their level

It doesn't suggest that at all. He may well have had offers from league clubs, but at a lower wage or on a shorter deal.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 231
Mariner93er
May 19, 2017, 1:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
He's left for a more secure contract which we couldn't offer him. The fact Fenty's statement said he would have waited to see how things unravelled at the club suggests there are targets, whom Pearson would have been a back up for if they couldn't be signed. Ultimately, he wasn't deemed good enough for a promotion push, which is fair enough, and you can't blame him for securing his future. I have no doubt that he will be a big player for Wrexham next season, and I hope they get promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 231
FishFan101
May 19, 2017, 1:46pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
He has a very young child and needed the security of the contract to be able to support him. Maybe he liked the location aswell with family in mind.

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner <*//////><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 231
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2017, 2:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Be sad to see him go. Hope things work out well at Wrexham. Good old club. A fan owned club. Now I have another reason to hope they get back in the League soon.

All the best Shaun and thanks for the years of dedicated service.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 231
TownSNAFU5
May 19, 2017, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
We get a better CH and footballer than Shaun, but we are highly unlikely to get as good a team-player, club-man and someone who is just a nice bloke.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 231
LondonMariner43
May 19, 2017, 2:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Although its sad to see SP go, it seems a logical enough thing to happen.

The club has ambitions to move up to L1 and so really we should only offer 2 year contracts to players who have potential to play at that level.  Although plenty on here think Shaun has that potential, the fact that he has chosen to go to Wrexham suggests he didn't have L1 and higher clubs knocking on his door.  In my view he's a good honest National League/ League 2 pro.

RS has no doubt been challenged to build a squad to get promotion and then to compete in L1 if we can go up.  He has already inherited too many average players on long contracts.  This means he's not go huge flexibility to pay out good money for players who aren't going to be his first choice.  Its similar to the situation with Disley - we had a squad full of contracted central midfielders and there was no scope for RS to use up his budget on sentimentality.

Its sad to see long-standing players move on - we might wait a long time for another Dis or Shaun - but it shows RS has got the right intent and ambition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 231
Nelly GTFC
May 19, 2017, 3:00pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,733
Gold Stars: 31
[youtube]rzkJOBuEcVw[/youtube]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 231
24 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.