Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 303 Guests

Shaun Pearson

This thread currently has 43,327 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
May 18, 2017, 5:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
What happens if we unearth a wonder center half who has everything skill pace speed of thought can bring it out of defence etc etc. We get promoted with a record no. of clean sheets and then sell him for a couple of million.

Would you still insist we should have kept Shaun?

The mangers job is on the line with these dicisions so he has to get it right. He's not making dicisions just to p1ss us off, he's trying to get us promotion and improve his reputation, otherwise he's back on the dole.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 231
Garth
May 18, 2017, 5:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I`m striving to see the logic in this, I doubt Collins will sign again and if Mills and Andrews go well???
Best of luck for the future Shaun, you always have been one of my favourites.

Now then Russell no over the top journey men please, and try to stay for the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 231
louth_in_the_south
May 18, 2017, 5:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
I've heard who he's in talks with and didn't believe it when told but maybe a long contract on ok money talks . It's a conference team and not a big one .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 231
diehardmariner
May 18, 2017, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Reading between the statements and what not, it looks to me that Pearson and the club held discussions over his contract but were miles apart in what they wanted so never bothered going the formal talks route.

I'm absolutely gutted that Pearson is going and wish him all the best in whatever his next adventure is, wherever that is.  I am, however, angry at how the club have allowed this to be dragged out to this stage.

Slade must have wanted to keep Pearson otherwise he would have announced him on the released list, the club stated they were opening talks with the player.  That alone is enough to suggest that the manager wanted to keep the player.  But Pearson's contract should have been tied down long before this point.  Once he got back in the team around Xmas he was our best defender, I include Collins and Andrew in that too.  In fact he was our best player in many games!  

I would be amazed if Pearson went in and demanded stupid money, what wouldn't surprise me is if the club tried to take the urine and made a stupid offer based on the number of games played over the last two seasons.  Pearson is coming into his prime, has proved he is comfortable at this level but more importantly he's part of the spine.  This isn't about sentiment like it perhaps was with Disley, this is about what's best for the club.  We may get a couple of better defenders than Shaun, we may actually improve as a team but will they bring more to this club?  Will these new guys be at every community event going, will they connect with the fans like Shaun has?  

In every possible way this club is still run in such a flipping tinpot manner.  For a start letting your best players run down their contracts and then opening talks in the summer.  Our status as a League Two side was secured god knows how many weeks before the season ended.  I get it that Slade will have wanted to see everyone over the 5 games he saw but the likes of Pearson, Collins and Andrew should have been in talks when Bignot was still here.  

I await some absolute shite coming out from the club trying to worm there way out of this and make out it was Pearson money grabbing.

The two fans favourites gone with no contract offers, a flat end to the season and no new incentives to retain or add new season ticket holders.  Good work GTFC, good work.  It really took some effort to totally deflate the mood from 12 months ago but you've excelled yourselves here, bravo!
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 231
Cloudy
May 18, 2017, 5:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from psgmariner
I understand Pearson turned down a big offer from FGR to stay with us a year or two ago as he was settled in the area.

If another big money offer came in and he didn't have to move then who could blame him. Total guess but I am guessing Mansfield or Notts County will be his next destination.

Eastleigh was my understanding not FGR
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 231
Garth
May 18, 2017, 5:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Never rule out Shrewsbury, pairing up with Toto again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 231
Cayman_mariner
May 18, 2017, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from LH
Roll up, roll up! Come and see the Magnificent Mariners circus. Be stunned by our PR, marvel at our squad filled once again with mercenaries. Tickets priced only £18 (but likely to go up next season so think yourselves lucky)!

🎪🤹‍♂️🤡

Quality
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 231
Perkins
May 18, 2017, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Sad news indeed, and just as he had perfected his stepover too!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 231
Cloudy
May 18, 2017, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Shaun as a player and as a man will be missed by GTFC and the wider NELincs community. Don't think anyone doubts that?

Shaun has not been a regular for 2 seasons, played in the 5-0 hammering at Crewe and the surrender at Fratton Park and does lack a bit of pace. I suspect his deal ending had him in the top 10-15% of the pay scale too?

RS knew he has to free up budget to get greater pace and athleticism into the squad.

Sad day but not totally unexpected for me. Just means we will start with a very new team. I can hear the excuse of needing time to gel.

I look forward to the 2018-19 season😁
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 231
chicaneuk
May 18, 2017, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Gutted. Worried it's going to a bumpy start to next season without mainstays of the club having been shown the door.

I want to get behind the manager but I am just so disappointed he has really done a hatchet job on some of the most respected players in the squad, and key members who got us promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 231
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun Pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.