Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble in Cleethorpes
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 109 Guests

Trouble in Cleethorpes

This thread currently has 39,842 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
July 25, 2016, 9:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
That's you banned then Grim74 for remarks about[/b] Dodds[b] like that when he reads that ^

Dodds has been replaced by a new bod
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 191
1mickylyons
July 25, 2016, 9:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Might not be the majority but 300 obvious ones wearing all the gear etc coupled with plenty of drunk blades probably pushed that number up considerably, the police seemed to me one step behind rather than one step in front and that blames goes to whoever was running the show

Lets be completely honest here what happened Saturday was not an accident it was allowed to happen a perfect police plan to gather evidence and get a load of bans in place afterwards.Both sets of fans fell for it hook line and sinker and now they can sit back and wait for the long arm of the law to grab the collar.Trust me you can expect to see in excess of 40 bans coming from Saturday`s antics the OB were yesterday gathering CCTV from allover the resort and weve all seen the videos on here of suggits lane.Anyway I shall be picking up my tickets for Derby away and the residents there can sleep safe in the knowledge that I shall be going to watch my team play without any intention of smashing the gaffe up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 191
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 25, 2016, 10:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Grim74
It's  been mentioned every time we have a large away following there is trouble, and the sole reason for this is our current police liaison officer Doddsy.

The thing is the lads these days make it all to easy for the so called intelligence officers, when it comes locating the RISK element and yesterday was no exception. Doddsy would of known exactly where both sets of these RISK supporters where and it was clearly obvious what was to follow.

The difference between Dodds and his predecessor Alan Rutter was simple,Rutter was all about preventative measures stopping the mobs in there tracks before they came into contact, I would say he had a lot of success with this method and would lead to potential rucks being diluted down to nothing more than bit of cat and mouse between old bill and the frustrated risk element.

Where as this Dodds is only interested in football related arrest figures, and this is his method... Locate rival RISK elements, get the cameras at the ready, wait for the action and roll, survey video footage over the coming months, dawn raids Aprox 6mths later for identified hooligans, massive arrest figures on the football arrest table, job done and Dodds head grows even bigger.

So as you can see two different methods of policing with alternative results one prevents disorder, and innocent members of the public getting caught up in the violence but with minimal arrests, the other does clearly not give a excrement about the family's day out in Cleethorpes enjoying their hols but will eventUally get some arrests in all be it the home fans only.

I say it's time we called for Dodds head his sole responsibility must still be to protect the public, he may of got away with this method in the past but yesterday it failed him and the public miserably with his main objection, time for a different role Mr Dodds traffic warden would be right up your street, your time is up good bye good riddance.

I'd be more inclined to get rid of the fool at the club who thought it was a good idea to arrange a friendly against a Yorkie side on a Saturday in July.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 191
FishOutOfWater
July 25, 2016, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Not sure if I should be sharing this here really as it's something personal for the people involved but it is relevant in the scheme of things

While all the fighting was taking place on Saturday and seemingly just being captured on video, I heard after the game that one of my family's friends had been attacked and was taken to A&E

I've just now been told by them this morning the lad has been taken to Castle Hill in Hull and is now in an induced coma...

No further news at this stage other than to say the family are with him but he's in a bad way and it doesn't look good  

And all this because of a "friendly" game of football....sometimes you despair!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 191
mariner83
July 25, 2016, 11:26am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Not good at all FOOW.  I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 94 - 191
Tinymariner
July 25, 2016, 11:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Why shouldn't we be allowed to play a decent club in preseason? If some idiots want to fight then that should not stop what was a good 90 mins for both sets of players. Better measures should have been implemented to prevent large groups of mindless thugs from congregating in Clee.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 191
cmackenzie4
July 25, 2016, 11:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Not sure if I should be sharing this here really as it's something personal for the people involved but it is relevant in the scheme of things

While all the fighting was taking place on Saturday and seemingly just being captured on video, I heard after the game that one of my family's friends had been attacked and was taken to A&E

I've just now been told by them this morning the lad has been taken to Castle Hill in Hull and is now in an induced coma...

No further news at this stage other than to say the family are with him but he's in a bad way and it doesn't look good  

And all this because of a "friendly" game of football....sometimes you despair!  

Bloody hell Tim! Hope he recovers mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 191
FishOutOfWater
July 25, 2016, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Bloody hell Tim! Hope he recovers mate.

I first heard about it when I called in to see my uncle & aunt after the match Chris

Just talking in general as you do about things, catching up, having a cuppa and mentioned there'd been some skirmishes in and around Cleethorpes

Then just after 6-00 my aunt got a call from her friend in bit of a tizz saying she was at the hospital with her son who'd been attacked and she was understandably shocked and wanted to talk

Got told this morning about the latest developments...as its stands, he's obviously in the best place for his injuries but a worrying time for all concerned  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 191
cmackenzie4
July 25, 2016, 12:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Fingers crossed Tim.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 191
dapperz fun pub
July 25, 2016, 12:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
Wow ... Really hope this kid recovers and recovers to his full capacity , fingers crossed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 191
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble in Cleethorpes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.