Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble in Cleethorpes
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 148 Guests

Trouble in Cleethorpes

This thread currently has 39,839 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
July 24, 2016, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Grim74

So what you are saying then is that we can justify this type of police operation, where innocent members of the public get caught up in violence just to get some convictions.

What about a glass hitting a child then do we put that down as collateral damage just as long as those conviction figures and banning orders go up.

Well said Grim74

Prevention always has to be better than cure in situations such as these

Police intelligence ( I know - it's an over-used oxymoron ) should have been such that things should never have escalated to the extent it did

For the police to  'boast' late on yesterday about having contained things seems way off the mark given the reports I've heard from friends and family who had nothing to do with the game but got caught up in the middle of it all
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 80 - 191
grimps
July 24, 2016, 9:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
So it would be OK for the police to stand by and watch a rape or murder get committed as long as they got it on camera for a conviction eh ?

What qualifies a policeman to become a football liaison officer I have no idea but I'd like to thing being a fan of the game and a follower of football for a few years would be high up in the criteria .
Everyone that I spoke to in the run up to this game knew there would be bother , surely the police should hve he a clue too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 191
dapperz fun pub
July 24, 2016, 10:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
It resembled key stone cops on Saturday at times poorly organised with absolutely no obvious leadership
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 191
arryarryarry
July 24, 2016, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
I've been to some games where just to give plod a look they want to start something yet the clowns yesterday just stood around letting more and more Sheffield United stand in the score board corner verbally having a go at the Town fans in the Stones/Findus/Youngs stand.

Plod were basically useless in the ground.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 191
Roast Em Bobby
July 24, 2016, 10:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grim74

So what you are saying then is that we can justify this type of police operation, where innocent members of the public get caught up in violence just to get some convictions.

What about a glass hitting a child then do we put that down as collateral damage just as long as those conviction figures and banning orders go up.

No, I'm saying that you are coming across as saying "the thugs are fine its all the police's fault". Your above argument, looked at the other way around, is saying is it is alright to turn a blind eye to people who are intent on causing violence and just keep them running around - but what about if they go and attack/glass someone the next night down meggies. At the end of the day those involved are brain dead, nasty and aggressive morons who deserve to be nicked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 191
KingstonMariner
July 24, 2016, 11:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

A good majority of blades looked risk to me they had 300 maybe more up for mischief I've been around long enough to realise who's who in this case they needed kettling and corralling , the police failed to keep order it's their job to keep order they failed miserably.  

Yes, like I said. The Old Bill should deal with the miscreants and leave the innocent alone.

300 is not a 'good majority' of 2000. It's not even a bad one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 191
Grimal
July 24, 2016, 11:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,874
Gold Stars: 9
I say, boat all these thugs wanting to fight out to one of the fortresses in the middle of the estuary at high tide, give them all the weapons they want and leave them to it until the last moron's standing, then hope he tries swimming back to shore and gets clipped up by a P&O ferry.    I've got no time for these brainless idiots that bring danger to innocent people and families that are on a pleasure day out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 191
EY Mariner
July 24, 2016, 11:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry
I've been to some games where just to give plod a look they want to start something yet the clowns yesterday just stood around letting more and more Sheffield United stand in the score board corner verbally having a go at the Town fans in the Stones/Findus/Youngs stand.

Plod were basically useless in the ground.

From where I was sat (Pontoon back centre), that looked like a matter of sheer numbers. I could see a few empty seats in the Osmond, but there looked to be many more than that standing in that corner. I can only presume the authorities weren't prepared for such large numbers of travelling fans and believed they were better off in the ground rather than on the streets.

I didn't see any of the trouble and, the Sheffield United fans I encountered afterwards were absolutely fine and wished us well for the season ahead. But, assuming this is true, I'd love to know why the away coaches were allowed to arrive early and their passengers taken straight into Cleethorpes, thus easing access to alcohol and potentially accelerating and worsening the trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 191
arryarryarry
July 25, 2016, 12:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from EY Mariner

From where I was sat (Pontoon back centre), that looked like a matter of sheer numbers. I could see a few empty seats in the Osmond, but there looked to be many more than that standing in that corner. I can only presume the authorities weren't prepared for such large numbers of travelling fans and believed they were better off in the ground rather than on the streets.

I didn't see any of the trouble and, the Sheffield United fans I encountered afterwards were absolutely fine and wished us well for the season ahead. But, assuming this is true, I'd love to know why the away coaches were allowed to arrive early and their passengers taken straight into Cleethorpes, thus easing access to alcohol and potentially accelerating and worsening the trouble.

From those that were allowed to stand, they hardly looked to be watching the game at all in fact there were a good number stood behind the score board all second half so they wouldn't have been able to see the game even if they wanted to.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 191
dapperz fun pub
July 25, 2016, 8:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Yes, like I said. The Old Bill should deal with the miscreants and leave the innocent alone.

300 is not a 'good majority' of 2000. It's not even a bad one.

Might not be the majority but 300 obvious ones wearing all the gear etc coupled with plenty of drunk blades probably pushed that number up considerably, the police seemed to me one step behind rather than one step in front and that blames goes to whoever was running the show
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 191
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble in Cleethorpes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.