10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2011, 6:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,405
Gold Stars: 124
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous. The Trust finally has some power and they are going to vote the worst chairman in living history back in without asking any question of what he plans to do with the club.

I know people are scared about the future of the club but to place the fans support in a man who has the club losing nearly a million a year is lunacy, he cannot sustain the club and the debt to him will only rise.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Super Clive
November 19, 2011, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I hope john has a plan, we all need to pull in the right direction together. Put the past behind us and cut our cloth accordingly build something for the future. Live within our means, and stop making a loss of 1 mil a year, get fans back into the ground and stop charging 1.50 for tea and coffee  
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 94
cleethorpes_mariner
November 19, 2011, 6:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous. The Trust finally has some power and they are going to vote the worst chairman in living history back in without asking any question of what he plans to do with the club.I know people are scared about the future of the club but to place the fans support in a man who has the club losing nearly a million a year is lunacy, he cannot sustain the club and the debt to him will only rise.

Why dont you ask him face to face rather than alway moaning behind your keyboard ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 19, 2011, 6:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous. The Trust finally has some power and they are going to vote the worst chairman in living history back in without asking any question of what he plans to do with the club.

I know people are scared about the future of the club but to place the fans support in a man who has the club losing nearly a million a year is lunacy, he cannot sustain the club and the debt to him will only rise.

I very much agree that to say such a thing would be ridiculous but having listened to the interview that wasnt what was said.

It went something on the lines of they had canvassed their members and the view was that the club for the time being would be better off with JF in the boardroom rather than outside of it.

Big difference!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 94
barralad
November 19, 2011, 6:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Kris Mustampa

I very much agree that to say such a thing would be ridiculous but having listened to the interview that wasnt what was said.

It went something on the lines of they had canvassed their members and the view was that the club for the time being would be better off with JF in the boardroom rather than outside of it.

Big difference!

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant Kris! I was one of those who voted to get Mr Fenty back in the boardroom for the simple reason that at this moment in time there is absolutely no alternative.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2011, 6:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant Kris! I was one of those who voted to get Mr Fenty back in the boardroom for the simple reason that at this moment in time there is absolutely no alternative.

That seems to be your answer for everything, i suggest you have a listen to the interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 94
Chris
November 19, 2011, 8:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3

As I understand it, the vote is to re-elect him as a Director. And your assessment of the situation isnt entirely accurate either. Attending the AGM will no doubt have demonstrated this to you. Im not sure this will neccessarily be reflected by the minutes but moving forward I am sure the trust will be active in seeking means of support for GTFC in an effort to end the total dependance upon Mr Fenty who himself has repeatedly stated he wants other backers on board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 94
psgmariner
November 20, 2011, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Why dont you ask him face to face rather than alway moaning behind your keyboard ?

WHS

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 94
cocky
November 20, 2011, 10:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0

Then I'd suggest not commenting on decisions.  You've got a chance to influence that decision by joining the trust and voting how you want, but like many you have decided not to join and instead will just moan about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 94
thebigeasy
November 20, 2011, 11:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous

What a totally stupid comment.

The Trust now has a real "presence" with its new found shareholding and as such can have some influence.

If you were a member, you could have had your say, and you could have changed their minds - at the very least wou would have had a chance to listen to all the arguements for and against. Posting drivel like that on here is akin to a childlike tantrum.

Grow up and get involved if you have something to add!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 94
Chris
November 20, 2011, 12:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
The time for (just) words is coming to an end to be fair and now comes the action.

Who's up for it?

Membership needs to rocket to make it credible and viable. If you support GTFC I'd encourage membership of the Trust. Much to be done, lots of hard work already going on, the Trust now needs the members.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 94
ticker_1610
November 20, 2011, 12:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Some people always seem to want to see something that doesn't exist or find reason to moan n voice opinions formulated on very little knowledge or evidence. I for one am quite pleased with Big Chris, Barralad and Chris, being on the board of the trust. None of the three are shrinking violets or yes men just for a bit of kudos, they all bring different skill sets and masses of experience from different arena's of society n employment. If they support the return of JF then that's good enough for me! Am I easily led, those that know me know otherwise!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 20, 2011, 1:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ticker_1610
Some people always seem to want to see something that doesn't exist or find reason to moan n voice opinions formulated on very little knowledge or evidence. I for one am quite pleased with Big Chris, Barralad and Chris, being on the board of the trust. None of the three are shrinking violets or yes men just for a bit of kudos, they all bring different skill sets and masses of experience from different arena's of society n employment. If they support the return of JF then that's good enough for me! Am I easily led, those that know me know otherwise!

The Trust board is as diverse as it probably has been, everyone brings something different to the table. People are saying we should be doing 'this' or 'that' but are unwilling to be members. Just a question, for non-members of the Trust, what would it take to gain your participation?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 94
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2011, 1:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

The Trust board is as diverse as it probably has been, everyone brings something different to the table. People are saying we should be doing 'this' or 'that' but are unwilling to be members. Just a question, for non-members of the Trust, what would it take to gain your participation?

i intend to join the trust because we are running out of avenues BUT to many obstacles in the way to make any change,hope im wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 20, 2011, 1:32pm

Vodka Drinker

I will not be a member while the Trust supports John Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 94
Super Clive
November 20, 2011, 1:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24

But thats just being childish though isn't it? come on I know all about that ...

The trust need your voice so you can put across why you don't think JF should be supported obviously his  record is abysmal but a this moment in time can you put forward an alternative ? I'm not a suppoter of JF and I wouldn't like him to be involved again but I can't can't offer an alternative at this time.

In the trust the is some people who don't want john back but the majority do so you saying you won't get involved while they still support JF why don't you be proactive and join change the majority?

or on the other hand It seems you will never be involved in the trust and if thats your childish attitude then I think its for the best.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 94
crusty ole pie
November 20, 2011, 1:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,394
Gold Stars: 66
The trust supports gtfc not John fenty but with no alternative you expect the trust not to vote for the only man who may keep us out of administration. Would be very foolish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 94
cleeimp
November 20, 2011, 1:56pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Why won't you as I see it you have not given a good reason for your statement.UTMM.

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 20, 2011, 3:01pm
Table Wine Drinker

"The Trust" does not support John Fenty.

"It" is just a name.

The MEMBERS of the trust discussed the options at their AGM, they then invited opinions to be e-mailed to them from those that could not attend the AGM, and the overwhelming majority were in favour of supporting Mr Fentys election to the board of GTFC.

Its called democracy and i think the Trust needs to continue to listen to their members. If you, or others dont think the views are correct or representative, then you need to join, give your views and persuade others so you become the majority.

moaning on message boards because you dont like it does you little credit. You have the power to force change if enough people support you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 94
cocky
November 20, 2011, 5:32pm
Snakebite drinker
[quote=355]

I will not be a member while the Trust supports John Fenty.[/quote

If everyone that doesn't support Fenty has the same stance as you then it is unlikely that the support will will change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 94
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 21, 2011, 12:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5

Come on I'm as drunk off as you if the Trust is going to back Fenty, but that's precisely why we need you to join.

Time for radicalism not sensible policies me thinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 21, 2011, 12:41am
Season Ticket Holder

Come on I'm as drunk off as you if the Trust is going to back Fenty, but that's precisely why we need you to join.

Time for radicalism not sensible policies me thinks.

We are not 'backing Fenty' as you put it. We are backing the club, and at this stage in time GTFC is better off with him on the board than not on the board.
Logged Offline
Reply: 21 - 94
dapperz fun pub
November 21, 2011, 8:26am
Special Brew Drinker

seeing as though one of the main faces on the trust is a youngs finance director (all be it nearly retired) dont you think fenty is veiwing all of this with reservation shall we say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 21, 2011, 10:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

seeing as though one of the main faces on the trust is a youngs finance director (all be it nearly retired) dont you think fenty is veiwing all of this with reservation shall we say

Why should he have reservations?

Surely the Trust should ask difficult questions of him in line with the memberships wishes? If Fenty or the club are uncomfortable with that, then tough!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 94
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 21, 2011, 10:53pm
Brandy Drinker

We are not 'backing Fenty' as you put it. We are backing the club, and at this stage in time GTFC is better off with him on the board than not on the board.

I diasagree Wrawbs, the sooner we turn over a new leaf the better. If it's a case of "we need his money", I'd say the strings it comes with are likely to strangle us. I'd say the damage his control has caused the club has outweighed the money he has put in (especially considering so much has been in loans).

I haven't seen any evidence of the members being consulted on this, only if we want to ask questions or raise concerns.

I worry for the Trust at the moment. The backlash against Clegg and the Lib Dems springs to mind. Especially as it'll be seen as supporting John Fenty again (after the majority shareholding business a few years ago).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 94
Meza
November 21, 2011, 11:00pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
I haven't attended the trusts but I would certainly back JF to the hilt.  People have their own reasons for not liking or wanting JF back if someone else came in made an offer and it was accepted then a new page is turned over in GTFC history.  However right now there is noone else MP came and just left us in the crap IMO a complete knob.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 21, 2011, 11:07pm
Season Ticket Holder

I diasagree Wrawbs, the sooner we turn over a new leaf the better. If it's a case of "we need his money", I'd say the strings it comes with are likely to strangle us. I'd say the damage his control has caused the club has outweighed the money he has put in (especially considering so much has been in loans).

I haven't seen any evidence of the members being consulted on this, only if we want to ask questions or raise concerns.

I worry for the Trust at the moment. The backlash against Clegg and the Lib Dems springs to mind. Especially as it'll be seen as supporting John Fenty again (after the majority shareholding business a few years ago).

It is a near completely new board of the Trust, It is going through a transitional phase ready for a relaunch. The Trust needs time to gain credibility amongst the fans and the community in order to successfully make a difference these things take time, If JF left the board and took his money with him then what? With no money we go bust, simple as.
Logged Offline
Reply: 26 - 94
Meza
November 21, 2011, 11:16pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
Agreed Wrawbs but some people would rather see no GTFC than have JF I think these people are lacking in intelligence lol

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 94
the Grimbarian
November 21, 2011, 11:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
A new motto for the Trust SAME excrement DIFFERENT DAY because with Parker giving shares away like hes done TBH hes just complicated our fractured boardroom and made it more complexed to sort this problem out.It doesnt matter whether you have an AGM EGM this problem will always be there and will just drag the club further down the footballing ladder than it is now.
The worry about all this is whether the Club will benefit from having three warring factions on the board all thinking they know what best for the Club when all three couldnt be more further from the truth on different matters if it slapped them in the face

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 94
gaz57
November 21, 2011, 11:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3

Whatever you say right or wrong you are entitled to your say but the one thing in the interview that stood out like a sore thumb was when he said we ( the trust) had to remember what Mr Fenty has done for the club in the last 7 years.
Is there anybody who has any idea what he was thinking because I certainly have my thoughts but I've been told to avoid stress so I'll keep them to myself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 21, 2011, 11:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from the Grimbarian
A new motto for the Trust SAME excrement DIFFERENT DAY because with Parker giving shares away like hes done TBH hes just complicated our fractured boardroom and made it more complexed to sort this problem out.It doesnt matter whether you have an AGM EGM this problem will always be there and will just drag the club further down the footballing ladder than it is now.
The worry about all this is whether the Club will benefit from having three warring factions on the board all thinking they know what best for the Club when all three couldnt be more further from the truth on different matters if it slapped them in the face

I agree with you on the complicated front, and Parker gifting his shares only complicates things further. But if you have a long hard think ask yourself why he has done it? It could be any number of things but to me it seems he no longer has the time or the passion for the club as other people do. If people have any alternatives to JF please contact the Trust and explain why because its no use you sitting behind a keyboard and being all fart and no follow through.
Logged Offline
Reply: 30 - 94
the Grimbarian
November 21, 2011, 11:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Carry on with the silly talk and then youll wonder why the Trust for the 2nd time will go mammaries up all because you cant answer something with out getting personal just to remind you-:

In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that

Or have you a short memory

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 22, 2011, 12:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Carry on with the silly talk and then youll wonder why the Trust for the 2nd time will go mammaries up all because you cant answer something with out getting personal just to remind you-:

In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the

Or have you a short memory

No No, I'm explaining my thoughts and it wasn't a personal attack on you it was general, I just wanted you to explain what your thoughts are and why your opinions on the GTFC board are what they are. I'm not asking to be nasty Mr Grimbarian, I'm interested in why you think what you think because they are clearly so different to my own thoughts.
Logged Offline
Reply: 32 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 12:43am
Guest User
We are backing the club

Why do I need to be member of GTST to back the club ?
I can pay my money through the turnstiles and I've already donated £25 to the youth setup via the OS.

all fart and no follow through.

And what have GTST done so far except hold a few meetings and fanny about ?

I'll tell you what I don't like...
It's not Fenty getting re-elected.
It's not the fact GTST haven't come up with ONE idea before the AGM. ("it takes time" my @rse !)

It's patronizing and condascending people like YOU who abuse supporters and treat them like they're either thick, lazy won't volunteer (when they can't) and then pretend you're doing it all for the supporters benefit.
You also bizarrely seem to equate representing supporters with representing the club as if it's the same thing !  

Forgive me but I'm not paying £15 to "have a say" in an organization that (IMO) seemingly still doesn't know their @rse from their elbow and what the intercourse they're actually meant to be doing !  

If you're the benchmark for the brains at work behind the scenes or the public face of GTST then count me out ad infinitum.
Reply: 33 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 22, 2011, 1:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

Why do I need to be member of GTST to back the club ?
I can pay my money through the turnstiles and I've already donated £25 to the youth setup via the OS.

It's not the fact GTST haven't come up with ONE idea before the AGM. ("it takes time" my @rse !)

It's patronizing and condascending people like YOU who abuse supporters and treat them like they're either thick, lazy won't volunteer (when they can't) and then pretend you're doing it all for the supporters benefit.
You also bizarrely seem to equate representing supporters with representing the club as if it's the same thing !  

Forgive me but I'm not paying £15 to "have a say" in an organization that (IMO) seemingly still doesn't know their @rse from their elbow and what the intercourse they're actually meant to be doing !  

If you're the benchmark for the brains at work behind the scenes or the public face of GTST then count me out ad infinitum.

Cool story bro, it changed my life, It could really have some with more dragons and stuff though .   I don't abuse people my fellow Mariner. Nor do I imply they are thick or lazy I've clearly touched a nerve here and for that reason I'm out. Feel free to write a lengthy reply with various out of context quotes . . .I will take one look at it then . . .get on with my life.
Logged Offline
Reply: 34 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:04am
Guest User
I don't abuse people my fellow Mariner.

Come off it , how many times did you tell me to "f off" ?

Nor do I imply they are thick or lazy

What does "all fart and no follow through" mean ?

I've clearly touched a nerve here and for that reason I'm out. Feel free to write a lengthy reply with various out of context quotes . . .I will take one look at it then . . .get on with my life.

You sound a little ashamed - well maybe you should be.
I'm sure you mean well, but this tactic of trying to bully, slag or fob off people with genuine questions isn't right and won't endear them to a united common cause. Only well thought out answers will.

It's not you that I blame so much, it's the lack of direction from GTST.
I'm not counting myself out of joining GTST and I look forward to what they have to say - I'm genuinely looking for a reason to join !

I apologise if I upset you but with all due respect, you're don't mind dishing it out when it suits you.
When you take the stance over these issues like anyone who disagrees is against the supporters, the club or doesn't want it to be successful, then you're asking for it IMO.

I'm always happy to have a mature debate over the real issues but reactions from some fans like you are offputting and it doesn't encourage co-operation like one big happy family.

"Democracy" is all well and good, but when are GTST gonna represent ALL supporters ?
I get the impression that if you're not in favour of what they want to do, you're not wanted.
Not willing to come on the messageboards to discuss it are they ?
Instead we get fobbed off with "it's better to meet people face to face".
Different story when they've got the power to allow people to join their meetings through video-conferencing facilities isn't it ?

I just feel like all issues, TELLING people they should be doing this or that, or questioning why they're not doing it, isn't the answer.
Reply: 35 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:44am
Guest User
Quoted from cocky
Then I'd suggest not commenting on decisions.  You've got a chance to influence that decision by joining the trust and voting how you want, but like many you have decided not to join and instead will just moan about it.

This sums it up.
If you don't agree, don't comment !
Is it any wonder some people don't want to join ?

I also don't buy this argument that people should have pay £15 to "have their voice heard" when I'm guessing it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Why can't GTST let EVERY supporter join for free and just rely on donations ?
Why do we even need a "Society board" as part of the constitution and allow members to just vote on whatever they want ?
Why not allow people who can't make these meetings, a chance to vote ?

Quoted from Chris
Membership needs to rocket to make it credible and viable.

For what reason/goal ?

As it seems you're on the board, let's have some answers please ?

Quoted from ticker_1610
I for one am quite pleased with Big Chris, Barralad and Chris, being on the board of the trust. None of the three are shrinking violets or yes men just for a bit of kudos, they all bring different skill sets and masses of experience from different arena's of society n employment.

Please spare us the party political broadcast !  

Maybe Chris, BigChris or barralad will be good enough to tell the supporters (sorry members) what the "plan" is ?

Or do you expect supporters to all divvy up then find out later ?
Reply: 36 - 94
arryarryarry
November 22, 2011, 3:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Meza
I haven't attended the trusts but I would certainly back JF to the hilt.  People have their own reasons for not liking or wanting JF back if someone else came in made an offer and it was accepted then a new page is turned over in GTFC history.  However right now there is noone else MP came and just left us in the crap IMO a complete knob.

And you sir are a complete and utter idiot.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
the Grimbarian
November 22, 2011, 4:36am
Season Ticket Holder

No No, I'm explaining my thoughts and it wasn't a personal attack on you it was general, I just wanted you to explain what your thoughts are and why your opinions on the GTFC board are what they are. I'm not asking to be nasty Mr Grimbarian, I'm interested in why you think what you think because they are clearly so different to my own thoughts.

It totally pisses me off when my opinions are different to others they start getting personal like you and others have done in the past to me it either its an easy way by you and others to get at people or not intellegent enough to have a conversation without the attacks all of the time.
Trouble is when you do silly things  like the personal stuff it'll be read by other ppl who could help your cause then are put off by the immature response you give and wonder why they should help people like yourselves.
This all started all those years ago when the Trust first started and now surprise surprise its starting again all because my opinion is different to people about the Trust and will always be so its all down to you either you try and answer with out the personal stuff or by doing it youre undermining the work the others are doing on your side so to speak
The best bit is where you say you dont abuse fellow fans but because someone who didnt like my opinions did a hatchet job on me you joined in and out of approx 20posts on another thread by you 15 of them was aimed at me and the best thing you know sod all about me only what idiots put on here about me and they dont know me either and you think youre a credible canindate for anything to do with the Trust if I was you id think again mate.
Look at what you did the last time when I admitted about the Findus Bar and all that you did basically called me a liar and accused me of fabricating the story and then did that silly avatar which was another personal attack on me  and what was my crime is to be honest and upfront about it all to be honest knowing you anywhere near the Trust is laughable and doing what you do on here youve lost your credibility as well
Dont worry 2 of the mods on here and the exchairman of GTST was cuprable in joining in with the personal stuff as well on the same thread as you thinking it was a laugh in their small pea brain heads and TBH they should know better but it just proves how sad people can be to put their opinion across by using personal innuendoes about me and not know me either

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2011, 7:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
For the club to move forward, it's more important to get ex-fans back into BP than getting existing fans on to the Trust. The club needs results right now - for several reasons - but to get more revenue, the activities on the pitch are crucial, continued poor runs will just diminish revenue further and without that, there will be no survival.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2011, 8:34am
Special Brew Drinker

I agree with you on the complicated front, and Parker gifting his shares only complicates things further. But if you have a long hard think ask yourself why he has done it? It could be any number of things but to me it seems he no longer has the time or the passion for the club as other people do. If people have any alternatives to JF please contact the Trust and explain why because its no use you sitting behind a keyboard and being all fart and no follow through.

parker as health issues and from day one he said he didnt want to control the club,he bought more shares and then someone called in the take over panel which probably would have made him buy even more share of the club effectively leaving him to control the club and again i repeat thats something he didnt want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 94
marinerjase
November 22, 2011, 8:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,703
Gold Stars: 155

It totally pisses me off when my opinions are different to others they start getting personal like you and others have done in the past to me it either its an easy way by you and others to get at people or not intellegent enough to have a conversation without the attacks all of the time.
Trouble is when you do silly things  like the personal stuff it'll be read by other ppl who could help your cause then are put off by the immature response you give and wonder why they should help people like yourselves.
This all started all those years ago when the Trust first started and now surprise surprise its starting again all because my opinion is different to people about the Trust and will always be so its all down to you either you try and answer with out the personal stuff or by doing it youre undermining the work the others are doing on your side so to speak
The best bit is where you say you dont abuse fellow fans but because someone who didnt like my opinions did a hatchet job on me you joined in and out of approx 20posts on another thread by you 15 of them was aimed at me and the best thing you know sod all about me only what idiots put on here about me and they dont know me either and you think youre a credible canindate for anything to do with the Trust if I was you id think again mate.
Look at what you did the last time when I admitted about the Findus Bar and all that you did basically called me a liar and accused me of fabricating the story and then did that silly avatar which was another personal attack on me  and what was my crime is to be honest and upfront about it all to be honest knowing you anywhere near the Trust is laughable and doing what you do on here youve lost your credibility as well
Dont worry 2 of the mods on here and the exchairman of GTST was cuprable in joining in with the personal stuff as well on the same thread as you thinking it was a laugh in their small pea brain heads and TBH they should know better but it just proves how sad people can be to put their opinion across by using personal innuendoes about me and not know me either

Maybe the Trust should forget about GTFC and instead rebrand itself and venture into another field. Something like 'the full stop, comma and paragraph appreciation society.'

In all seriousness some valid points made above in the thread, and some decent questions. Although selective memories can play tricks..the quoted poster spent years publicly undermining/being immature about those who worked for the trust, now moans when others do likewise?? Pot and kettle. Anyway...I digress...perhaps those with objections could forward those to the trust people via message? Or in cases in which there's obviously a personality clash shouldn't retort/respond? (both parties). As regards the new trust set up, it's only been a few days, most work..let them settle in, sure they will be doing their utmost to achieve their aim in time.

Strongly agree re new members point made  by a poster though, should be targeting 'new' members as well, if more so, than ex members who became disillusioned. Those members will return I'm sure should the trust take a different route than previously.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 94
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2011, 8:50am
Special Brew Drinker
lets get this straight some senior figures of the trust are involved in name calling on here,if so name them and get it into the open grimbo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 9:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
It's not the fact GTST haven't come up with ONE idea before the AGM. (

For goodness sake give it a rest man - you've not been to any meetings, and have criticised every move. And you have no idea what is going on because you're not involved.

In case you haven't noticed the game has changed since MPs gift of the shares. The Trust had become "dormant" and a new board had to be elected. People have been encouraged to attend meetings (usually on a match day which seems perfectly reasonable to me) and have been encouraged to join the board.
To my knowledge you have not attended any meetings just offered up pathetic excuses, and spouted post after post of vitriol.
It's time to stand up and be counted my friend - there are still spaces available on the board, so get yourself co opted onto it and start to contibute in a positive way.

Everyone on here knows I am most definitely not JF's No 1 fan, and would love to see a change at the top. As it happens that seems unlikely at the moment, so the only way forward, in the interim, is to let him resume his role as chairman. JF has said he is willing to work with the Trust so the only solace I now have is there is another party that can have a direct influence on the club and question any decisions at the highest level. I also hope that perhaps some new ideas can be injected into the club through the Trust.

It will take some time to get everything back up and running at the Trust, and I will watch with great interest. In the meantime I suggest you grow up, and join the Trust and contribute, instead of bitching from the sidelines - it's worse than listening to  the blue rinse Tories maoning about Europe!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 94
shareholder
November 22, 2011, 9:31am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1

parker as health issues and from day one he said he didnt want to control the club,he bought more shares and then someone called in the take over panel which probably would have made him buy even more share of the club effectively leaving him to control the club and again i repeat thats something he didnt want.

You Must Be Joking
Suppose he just bought the controlling shares to just pass on for the good of the Trust then.

Funny how he did this only when the Take Over Panel intervened isn't it.

Fenty told me he would happily step aside for Parker which he repeated in his resignation press statement.

So Just a few more quid and Parker could have budged Fenty out of the way. Oh how is wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i sense Parker parachuted out, as his metal were being tested by Fenty.

Did Parker prefer no responsibility and to sit out and bath in the glory OR did Fenty set him a test????? to stand up to be counted??

Seems to me they are both out of love with GTFC. lets trudge on with the Trust and kick some bottom, opportunity knocks.

But the Trust has taken rather a long time so far to do anything given the club is in crisis. Have they not????

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 94
north wall
November 22, 2011, 10:04am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
A trust running the club is like expecting train spotters to run British Rail (or whatever its called)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 94
forza ivano
November 22, 2011, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from thebigeasy

For goodness sake give it a rest man - you've not been to any meetings, and have criticised every move. And you have no idea what is going on because you're not involved.

In case you haven't noticed the game has changed since MPs gift of the shares. The Trust had become "dormant" and a new board had to be elected. People have been encouraged to attend meetings (usually on a match day which seems perfectly reasonable to me) and have been encouraged to join the board.
To my knowledge you have not attended any meetings just offered up pathetic excuses, and spouted post after post of vitriol.
It's time to stand up and be counted my friend - there are still spaces available on the board, so get yourself co opted onto it and start to contibute in a positive way.

Everyone on here knows I am most definitely not JF's No 1 fan, and would love to see a change at the top. As it happens that seems unlikely at the moment, so the only way forward, in the interim, is to let him resume his role as chairman. JF has said he is willing to work with the Trust so the only solace I now have is there is another party that can have a direct influence on the club and question any decisions at the highest level. I also hope that perhaps some new ideas can be injected into the club through the Trust.

It will take some time to get everything back up and running at the Trust, and I will watch with great interest. In the meantime I suggest you grow up, and join the Trust and contribute, instead of bitching from the sidelines - it's worse than listening to  the blue rinse Tories maoning about Europe!

i'm increasingly warming to you bigeasy!! lol
good post and keep up the good work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 94
the Grimbarian
November 22, 2011, 11:04am
Season Ticket Holder
lets get this straight some senior figures of the trust are involved in name calling on here,if so name them and get it into the open grimbo

Its all in my above post mate cant be arsed to type their names again

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 94
cocky
November 22, 2011, 2:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 1600

This sums it up.
If you don't agree, don't comment !
Is it any wonder some people don't want to join ?

Not what I was meaning at all.  I'm not a member of the trust myself.  My point is, if you have an issue with the trusts decisions, it's easy enough to join and make your point where it might make a difference, rather than moaning about it on a message board.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from thebigeasy
For goodness sake give it a rest man - you've not been to any meetings, and have criticised every move.

No I haven't been to any meeting cos I can't faackin make it !
What the hell do you know about my personal circumstances ?!  

But the point (and it's not a difficult one) is that I'd still be willign to join regardless IF I have a reason.
Your incessant BS that people need to sign up when you can't even explain why is tiresome.

As I said to Wrawbs, if I can back the club through the turnstiles so why do I need to join GTST ?
You tell me ! (please)

Quoted from thebigeasy
And you have no idea what is going on because you're not involved.

You or someone else tell me then because I'm buggered if I know.
Quoted from thebigeasy

I can't make meeting on matchdays.
Believe what you like (that seems to be your childish tactic) but surely the point is, how many OTHER fans around the country (or globe) can't make it but MIGHT want to join with enough incentive ?
I've said all this before though, does anyone have half a brain cell actually "get it" ?  

Tell you what I just won't bother, but don't start moaning or saying no-one gave a toss or tried to help if the trust fails with it's "make it or lump it" mentality.
Quoted from thebigeasy

Read my lips
I
CAN'T
MAKE
IT.

Not even on matchdays.
Why ?
It's PERSONAL and I'm not prepared to go into every aspect of my personal life to justify myself (what reasonable person would expect me to anyway ?)
But no doubt you'll keep slagging off people's motives when you know absolutely zilch about them.

Quoted from thebigeasy
Everyone on here knows I am most definitely not JF's No 1 fan, and would love to see a change at the top. As it happens that seems unlikely at the moment, so the only way forward, in the interim, is to let him resume his role as chairman. JF has said he is willing to work with the Trust so the only solace I now have is there is another party that can have a direct influence on the club and question any decisions at the highest level.

What has JF got to do with it ?
I don't give a toss !
Quoted from thebigeasy
In the meantime I suggest you grow up, and join the Trust and contribute, instead of bitching from the sidelines - it's worse than listening to  the blue rinse Tories maoning about Europe!

I don't need to grow up, you do.

If your answer to everything is to pretend people "can't be bothered" and dismiss all their genuine questions, then you're a boring scratched record who doesn't deserve anyone to take you seriously.

But I'll make a deal.
If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !
Reply: 49 - 94
marinerjase
November 22, 2011, 2:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,703
Gold Stars: 155
I'd pay your 15 quid if it stopped you disecting every buggers posts...

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 94
forza ivano
November 22, 2011, 2:26pm

Exile
Quoted from 1600

What the hell do you know about my personal circumstances ?!  

But the point (and it's not a difficult one) is that I'd still be willign to join regardless IF I have a reason.
Your incessant BS that people need to sign up when you can't even explain why is tiresome.

As I said to Wrawbs, if I can back the club through the turnstiles so why do I need to join GTST ?
You tell me ! (please)

Believe what you like (that seems to be your childish tactic) but surely the point is, how many OTHER fans around the country (or globe) can't make it but MIGHT want to join with enough incentive ?
I've said all this before though, does anyone have half a brain cell actually "get it" ?  

Tell you what I just won't bother, but don't start moaning or saying no-one gave a toss or tried to help if the trust fails with it's "make it or lump it" mentality.

Read my lips
I
CAN'T
MAKE
IT.

Not even on matchdays.
Why ?
It's PERSONAL and I'm not prepared to go into every aspect of my personal life to justify myself (what reasonable person would expect me to anyway ?)
But no doubt you'll keep slagging off people's motives when you know absolutely zilch about them.

What has JF got to do with it ?
I don't give a toss !

If your answer to everything is to pretend people "can't be bothered" and dismiss all their genuine questions, then you're a boring scratched record who doesn't deserve anyone to take you seriously.

But I'll make a deal.
If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !

the words 'seeker' and 'attention' spring to mind
is there any way i can just ignore him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 94
BlackBoots
November 22, 2011, 2:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -5
"If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !"

Surely its not an either or? Or is it?

I am sure the Trust wants everyone to become a member but equally we need to see a point and value. For me if there were regular meetings whereby reasonable questions raised by members were put to the club by the Trust and answers relaid that would be a benefit.

If a proportion, say 50% of by membership fee, went to the Youth section then yes, I would join.

I understand the board only had its AGM last Thursday, met last Saturday and are meeting again this week to try and get things moving. I await to hear from them but do understand they all have jobs, lives away from GTFC and The Trust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from cocky
it's easy enough to join and make your point where it might make a difference, rather than moaning about it on a message board.  

Can I really ?  
Is it ok with you if I pay £15 out my own pocket just to make my point ?
Thanks very much, you're all heart !  

Quoted from marinerjase
I'd pay your 15 quid if it stopped you disecting every buggers posts...

You can't put a price on free speech but if you want to donate it's your choice.
But what about all the other £15's from around the UK the Trust are missing out on ?
Are you prepared to pay those as well ?

Quoted from forza ivano

Yet when you bang on about it, you think you're god.
Well you keep pointing the finger like everyone else mate, that'll help !
If you can't debate maturely or answer the questions it's your fault not mine.
Reply: 53 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from BlackBoots
"If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !"

Surely its not an either or? Or is it?

Forget the club shop then, just give me one good reason !

Reply: 54 - 94
voice of reason
November 22, 2011, 2:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from forza ivano

Of course there is a way... There is a block function or just skip past his post, it's not hard but people just like to have a pop at 80's...

Like it or not, he makes a valid point... How do people, who don't live locally, or can't get to meetings, find out exactly what is going on, or even have a say, I don't know, do you or anybody else...???

I take my hat off to anyone who gets involved with the trust and maybe one day I will myself... The people involved are doing this for free in the hope it will have positive impact upon the clubs future, how can anyone criticise that really...???

I do believe though the trust needs to start doing as opposed to talking because that is the only way any people who are sceptical can be proven wrong and when/if they are proven wrong they may just want to be part of it...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 3:08pm
Guest User
Despite what people may choose to think, I WANT the Trust to be successful for the supporters AND the club.

Ok I'll be patient and just wait and see, but you've got to admit, it looks like nothings happening ?

I know of rich closet fans stuck in London who would probably shell out £100's if they were aware of a scheme to involve remote supporters, they're scattered all over from Australia to Norway !
But all we get is "turn up and make a difference."

If people want a small community club then fair enough, I just fear the way things are going GTST won't get off the ground through not thinking big enough and not engaging supporters imaginations enough, that's all...

It all depends what the role of GTST is though.
Is it to allow supporters a say to help prop up the club long-term or just to make things a little better for the average supporter on matchdays ?
Reply: 56 - 94
moosey_club
November 22, 2011, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
Personally i would consider becoming a member of the trust and donating my members fee if i thought they genuinely had a real say in decisions in the running of the club.
I think it is a mistake for them to not seek a place on the board with the gift shares they have received to back them up.
Yes there is a financial commitment to that but would a membership drive based on a board place or even a takeover increase interest and funding?
Could half/some of the shares gifted be sold to raise funds to secure a place on the board?
Its all well and good putting money into youth systems etc but then the trust is only effectively acting as a corporate sponsor, no different to a local building merchants or solicitors. Yes it supports the club financially but there is no actual influence at high level is there?
Maybe the club AGM will spring up one or two suprises that may effect the whole position of the club or trust but personally cant see us avoiding administration before too long, maybe that is something the trust should be preparing for and be ready to strike should it happen.
Although 80's bangs on and on and on about it to the point of distraction for some, i feel in a similar place,i would be happy to support the trust if i could read something that spells out clearly its objectives and its plans for achieving them.

As it stands i dont see how supporting the trust is more beneficial to the long term survival of the club (and that should be the focus here as that is what is most important) than spending direct with the club itself as in reality its all income to the club, in fact probably more income to the club paying direct as dont the trust hold the funds and then decide where to spend therefore delaying income ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 94
moosey_club
November 22, 2011, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
Oh and while i was on that last post i had an idea.....why dont the trust approach the commercial dept and bid for the catering package next time it is up?
Man it with volunteers, who effectively get in free to watch the game, run it as a little business with any profits direct into trust coffers.
Supporters would hopefully get a more acceptable standard of food, possible better choice or even an influence on choice of fayre available which may increase turnover.
Just a thought.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 94
forza ivano
November 22, 2011, 3:52pm

Exile
Quoted from voice of reason

Of course there is a way... There is a block function or just skip past his post, it's not hard but people just like to have a pop at 80's...

Like it or not, he makes a valid point... How do people, who don't live locally, or can't get to meetings, find out exactly what is going on, or even have a say, I don't know, do you or anybody else...???

I take my hat off to anyone who gets involved with the trust and maybe one day I will myself... The people involved are doing this for free in the hope it will have positive impact upon the clubs future, how can anyone criticise that really...???

I do believe though the trust needs to start doing as opposed to talking because that is the only way any people who are sceptical can be proven wrong and when/if they are proven wrong they may just want to be part of it...

ta for that vor - bit thick with computers  where do i find this block function?
as for your other point i'm a life member living 200 miles away -if i want to find anything out i can a) go on trust website b) pm or leave a message on their site or this site c) i could write to them or d) i can see them at an away match - 3 or 4 of them are usually there.
I hope you would accept that an awful lot has been done by the trust just in the last month , since the issue was raised on here. yes the trust was just ticking over - but that's a chicken and egg thing - how do you keep it busy if there's nobody doing anything? since people got motivated as a result of the fishy post an awful lot has happened
a whole load of new people have come on board
a lot of new members have joined
a new board is in place with fresh ideas and impetus
500,000 shares have been donated
psg suggested a very easy way for people to raise some easy money - hardly anyone has done it

give them alittle time to get organised - they only got elected last week!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 5:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Oh and while i was on that last post i had an idea.....why dont the trust approach the commercial dept and bid for the catering package next time it is up?
Man it with volunteers, who effectively get in free to watch the game, run it as a little business with any profits direct into trust coffers.
Supporters would hopefully get a more acceptable standard of food, possible better choice or even an influence on choice of fayre available which may increase turnover.
Just a thought.

Bloody good idea !
Not just for the supporters, but for the trust too.

I genuinely believe if the trust could "put something back" making a real difference for supporters, it would be reciprocated in spades.

Fair play to loyal supporters who have paid £15 with noble intentions, but what happens after that long term ?
Where's the sustainability ?

Some fans unquestionably loyal to GTST (and the club) will dig into their pockets indefinitely but not everyone will without an incentive.

Not slagging anyone off, but GTST (or loyal fans) shouldn't assume it's every fans DUTY to support them indefintely without a reason - it works both ways.

Like moosey says, it's role should be more than corporate sponsor, it should ideally (IMO) be friend, protector and there to serve everyone (not the other way round !)

But if the trust show willing for me, I'll give triple back in return.
Can't say any fairer than that... ?
Reply: 60 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 22, 2011, 6:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from shareholder

You Must Be Joking
Suppose he just bought the controlling shares to just pass on for the good of the Trust then.

Funny how he did this only when the Take Over Panel intervened isn't it.

Fenty told me he would happily step aside for Parker which he repeated in his resignation press statement.

So Just a few more quid and Parker could have budged Fenty out of the way. Oh how is wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i sense Parker parachuted out, as his metal were being tested by Fenty.

Did Parker prefer no responsibility and to sit out and bath in the glory OR did Fenty set him a test????? to stand up to be counted??

Seems to me they are both out of love with GTFC. lets trudge on with the Trust and kick some bottom, opportunity knocks.

But the Trust has taken rather a long time so far to do anything given the club is in crisis. Have they not????

How is the the rest of the shares and then the Fenty Loans that hang over the club a few more quid?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 6:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text

You really are the limit - I wasn't able to get to the initial meetings, and I knew nothing about what was going on! I was thinking about joining the trust but wanted some background before I coughed up my money, so I sent a pm on here to Emma and Dave who kindly agreed to meet me. Why can't you do the same. And if you can't move outside you house I assume you might have access to a phone!

Quoted Text

Why should anyone else have to give you a reason. You make your own mind up. But in any event I'll explain why I joined - now the Trust has a significant shareholding it has the potential to have some positive influence on the club. Joining the Trust gives you access to information and input into its direction. And above all it gives you a voice - and I would have thought that would be right up your street. You seem to always have time to post endless drivel on here so I'd have thought £12 for you to be able to have your say within the trust for a year would be a bargain!

Quoted Text
I've said all this before though, does anyone have half a brain cell actually "get it"

Totally stupidity - I couldn't make the matchday meetings, BUT it was obviously the best time for many people as they will be in town for the game and it saves them the time and cost of a special trip. Just because it doesn't suit you it's wrong, and you launch into a stream of vitriol. If people want to join they will - those that want to contribute will contribute, whereever they are and by whatever means are available to them. It's extremely difficult for me to be heavily involved and I would love to have the time to join the board, but my business prevents that. But I now have a vehicle to express my thoughts, and no doubt we will have access to information about the club that wasn't readily available before.

Quoted Text
You tell me ! (please)

Are you really that stupid - your bitching on here about JF and goodness knows what else. You obviously have plenty to say, so pay your £12 and get your message across to the board. You say your full of ideas - what do you want, someone to come grovelling to you asking for your pearls of wisdom, arranging venues for meetings just to suit you? It's not about backing the Trust financially, your £12 doesn't matter one jot. It's about assembling a body that just may help turn the club around.

Quoted Text

Join the trust and you will get regular updates - why should you find out things and be involved if your too tight to join? Why should anyone tell you whats going on when your too tight to cough up £12?

Quoted Text

I don't pretend about anything - if something matters to me I get off my backside and make it work. And lots of people take me seriously sunshine - and I make a good living from it. If you  meet me (if that is possible given your trying circumstances) I guarantee you will take me seriously!

In short - whatever your reason is for not being able to make it to anything the trust arranges, despite miraculously being able to attend most games, is none of my business. I really don't care, but get this. The Trust will sink or swim regardless of your bitching on here - why don't you do something in the best way you can that may help it succeed!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 6:42pm
Guest User
So no one should have to give me any reason but I should insist Emma drives around to see me to explain it all ?

You're full of b0llocks !

I'm off to the match...
Reply: 63 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
So no one should have to give me any reason but I should insist Emma drives around to see me to explain it all ?

I'm off to the match...

You truly are the biggest idiot I have ever had the misfortune to come across - and I've met a few.

Ever heard of email or the phone you moron!

Talk about crap! Oh and I see you can miraculously make it tonight despite all your "physical" problems. Oh and whilst your there why don't you hunt one of the Trust down - I'm sure they will walk around to your seat if you can't make it any further!

When you have a real point to make instead of the usual drivel let me know, I'll volunteer to drive round and tell you what I think!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 94
psgmariner
November 22, 2011, 7:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Think 80s is in one of his moods. Best to ignore till he finds something to crusade against.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 7:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
Think 80s is in one of his moods. Best to ignore till he finds something to crusade against.

Moods? I've never heard such inane drivel.

If anyone from the trust reads this please arrange to meet this fool at his seat in the ground at half time at the next home game of his choosing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
psgmariner
November 22, 2011, 7:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from thebigeasy

Moods? I've never heard such inane drivel.

If anyone from the trust reads this please arrange to meet this fool at his seat in the ground at half time at the next home game of his choosing!

Can't say fairer than that! Unless he is busy at half time...

Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
Grim_Exile
November 22, 2011, 7:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from 1600

I'm off to the match...

No, but I would have been more than happy to have a telephone conversation with you, had you asked nicely  .  As I am no longer on the GTST board however, can I suggest that you call 0870 4711 827 and leave a message, I am sure one of the GTST board would be more than happy to call you back and provide you all of the information you require.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 22, 2011, 7:49pm
Brandy Drinker

It is a near completely new board of the Trust, It is going through a transitional phase ready for a relaunch. The Trust needs time to gain credibility amongst the fans and the community in order to successfully make a difference these things take time, If JF left the board and took his money with him then what? With no money we go bust, simple as.

I respect you and the others for volunteering to take on what at times will be a thankless task. And I understand it's nearly a completely new Trust board and that there's a transitional phase and that it takes time to build credibility. But I don't think the proposed path is in the long-term interests of the club or the Trust.

What you seem to be saying is if John Fenty isn't voted back onto the board he will pull the plug on the financial commitment he made at the start of the season (having set a budget that isn't covered by the operating revenue of the club)?

If that's the case I don't think the Trust should go anywhere near a "yes" vote. This is such a contentious issue a vote either way ought not to be taken without canvassing the members. I know you've recently been elected but I don't recall any mention of a JF's candidature for the club board in any of the manifestos.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
voice of reason
November 22, 2011, 7:53pm
Brandy Drinker

I respect you and the others for volunteering to take on what at times will be a thankless task. And I understand it's nearly a completely new Trust board and that there's a transitional phase and that it takes time to build credibility. But I don't think the proposed path is in the long-term interests of the club or the Trust.

What you seem to be saying is if John Fenty isn't voted back onto the board he will pull the plug on the financial commitment he made at the start of the season (having set a budget that isn't covered by the operating revenue of the club)?

If that's the case I don't think the Trust should go anywhere near a "yes" vote. This is such a contentious issue a vote either way ought not to be taken without canvassing the members. I know you've recently been elected but I don't recall any mention of a JF's candidature for the club board in any of the manifestos.

I thought all trust members had/would have been canvassed...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
Grim_Exile
November 22, 2011, 8:09pm
Beer Drinker

TW - as you know, the GTFC agenda simply makes reference to election of directors.  The directors seeking re-election are not named.  GTST asked the club for confirmation of which directors were seeking election - we only found out it was definitely JF last week (which was after the GTST AGM agenda and candidate manifestos had been published).

There was some healthy discussion at the Trust AGM last week regarding this, and there was unanimous agreement in the room that supporting JFs re-election to the GTFC Board was in the best interest of the club at the current time.  Put it simply - is GTFC better with JF on the board or not, at this present time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
Informer the real one
November 22, 2011, 11:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -2

How is the the rest of the shares and then the Fenty Loans that hang over the club a few more quid?

I guess Fenty has said that he wouldn't expect the loans back unless they were affordable and Parke had 54% control. The only block of shares which had value.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
forza ivano
November 23, 2011, 11:06am

Exile
aren't shares still available to buy?

those who have such issues with the trust could alwys buy shares from the club - they would be giving their money and support to the club, would have  a say and would be given info on the clubs finances etc.
with abit of luck they then wouldn't have to come on here bitching and bleating about what the trust does or doesn't do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
The Grim Reaper
November 23, 2011, 11:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Grim Exile, I refer to my previous question which has been ignored; why is there nothing on the OS regarding GTST announcments etc?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
Grim_Exile
November 23, 2011, 1:00pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Grim Exile, I refer to my previous question which has been ignored; why is there nothing on the OS regarding GTST announcments etc?

Hi There

GTST has a user account on the OS MB and posts updates on there at the same time as on here and the Grim Outlook.  See below links:

http://grimsby-town.com/showthread.php?7013-Questions-for-GTFC-AGM
http://grimsby-town.com/showthread.php?6961-GTST-AGM

Or are you referring to the main body of the OS?

Emma B
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 23, 2011, 6:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grim_Exile

TW - as you know, the GTFC agenda simply makes reference to election of directors.  The directors seeking re-election are not named.  GTST asked the club for confirmation of which directors were seeking election - we only found out it was definitely JF last week (which was after the GTST AGM agenda and candidate manifestos had been published).

There was some healthy discussion at the Trust AGM last week regarding this, and there was unanimous agreement in the room that supporting JFs re-election to the GTFC Board was in the best interest of the club at the current time.  Put it simply - is GTFC better with JF on the board or not, at this present time?

But it is not a simple question is it?
It surely depends on the terms of Fenty's involvement with the club and the future of his loans. If the club is going to be run the same way as it has been since he has been major shareholder then voting him back onto the board is ridiculous. IMO the trust has fallen at the first hurdle and has voted for more of the same.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 23, 2011, 6:28pm
Table Wine Drinker

It surely depends on the terms of Fenty's involvement with the club and the future of his loans. If the club is going to be run the same way as it has been since he has been major shareholder then voting him back onto the board is ridiculous. IMO the trust has fallen at the first hurdle and has voted for more of the same.  

Just because the majority of the members who expressed an opinion differ from you doesnt make them wrong and you right (or vice versa).

You seem to have a strange lack of ability to understand democracy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
voice of reason
November 23, 2011, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Kris Mustampa

Just because the majority of the members who expressed an opinion differ from you doesnt make them wrong and you right (or vice versa).

You seem to have a strange lack of ability to understand democracy

"Unanimous agreement in the room" doesn't really translate to "the majority of members" does it...???

Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 23, 2011, 7:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

"Unanimous agreement in the room" doesn't really translate to "the majority of members" does it...???

The majority of members who expressed an opinion is what i posted (you just chose to cut some of the sentence out).

As i understand it members were invited to send their views via e-mail plus those who attended the agm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
thebigeasy
November 23, 2011, 8:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text

What is wrong with you - the Trust has voted in a completely new board who have hardly had time to draw breath and sort out roles and responsibilities (yes, someone has to take over as chairperson, treasurer blah blah blah). To my knowledge only Dave Otter has been in this situation before so there is a hell of a lot of information etc to digest. In the meantime they have had barely days to canvas opinion about what to do at the AGM. However you are obviously superman, so get yourself co opted onto the board and speed things up a bit. Sniping from the sidelines at this early stage is utterly ridiculous.

I am as uneasy as you are about returning to the original board, but as things stand there isn't a lot of choice. (We wont know that for definate until the AGM). There is a difference though. To his credit JF is making the right noises about working with the Trust and those sentiments were echoed to me when I met him. However, in his defence he has to be sure that there are the people with the required skills and experience in the Trust before "letting them loose". Equally the Trust board has to prove itself as a valuable source of ideas etc. What these guys on the Trust board need now is 100% support and co operation so they can get things moving in the right direction and have some input into the running of the club. As I have said before the Trust shareholding is now significant, especially so given the distribution of the shares. If you look at it another way round, if JF wants the majority of shares to be in the boardroom, then he needs to co operation of the Trust. That requires the agreement of the Trust members.

In a nutshell the Trust is in a very interesting position - but it has to do things the right way.

As for falling at the first hurdle - utterly pathetic. The damn race hasn't even started yet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 94
80sglory
November 23, 2011, 8:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from thebigeasy
There is a difference though. To his credit JF is making the right noises about working with the Trust and those sentiments were echoed to me when I met him.

I've only just remembered...

Weren't you were the one who was complaining about X, Y and Z not so long ago before you had the supposed chat with JF ?

Reply: 81 - 94
thebigeasy
November 23, 2011, 8:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
Weren't you were the one who was complaining about X, Y and Z not so long ago before you had the supposed chat with JF ?

I have expressed real concerns over the management of the club since the demise of Bill Carr. And yes I have criticised JF running of the club regularly. I am still concerned over many things, but believe that with the right people and direction the Trust could be the catalyst for a change.

As for "supposed chat" - please feel free to contact him and ask if it really happened. I drove there, he met me outside, we sat in his drawing room, I had 2 mugs of tea, one made by one of his daughters, I arrived at just after 6.30 and left about 11.45. We spoke about lots of things and answered all my questions.

I suggest you stop making insinuations from the sidelines, do something positive and make a difference for a change - I also notice you haven't responded to the offer of having someone from the Trust meet you at the next home game of your choice (or using the phone number supplied by Emma), to answer any questions you may have about the Trust. One can only assume that you don't ever get to Grimsby or any games!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
80sglory
November 23, 2011, 9:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from Grim_Exile
No, but I would have been more than happy to have a telephone conversation with you, had you asked nicely  .

Thanks but I have no questions.

I was merely referring to thebigeasy's OWN bizarre and contradictory logic.
He seems to think if I disagree about joining, I need to speak to GTST so they can send me around in circles again.

Every answer I've received begs a different question - suffice to say there comes a point when you realise you're never gonna get any real answers at all !

So after listening to GTST, I feel I have all the "information" I need, and I'm left with "issues" about why a group meant to represent supporters is a private members club with no transparent goals, no visible direction and a very poor marketing stategy.

I have no desire to put your efforts down for the sake of it, I just feel you're failing the supporters, but even more than that, failing yourselves, but I sincerely hope I'll be proved wrong in time.

Thanks for suggesting you can't answer my questions because you're not on the board, but then going straight ahead and answering other people's questions.  

My only real question is, are you (or even a GTST board member) willing to have an open public forum debate with me about the role of GTST, it's goals etc on here ? (without involving the childish brainless element who resort to namecalling)

Quoted from thebigeasy
You truly are the biggest idiot I have ever had the misfortune to come across - and I've met a few.

Ever heard of email or the phone you moron!

I already have all the "information" I need to form my own opinion thankyou.  

You say my £12 "doesn't matter one jot" but then say I'm tightfisted and should be prepared to pay just to find out what GTST do !!!
Your logic is all over the place ! Truly unbelievable....

Now I've got nothing against anyone and I hope eveything succeeds.
But when people question if it's an effective strategy, instead of giving reasonable answers people like you label them as idiots, stupid etc.
Suffice to say, it's sure proof you don't have a leg to stand on.

Representing supporters ? Sounds like it's more like slagging them off ?!

You also seem to think people should have to do all their speaking with GTST and shouldn't be allowed to discuss their "issues" or share their opinions on here ?

Quoted from thebigeasy
I suggest you stop making insinuations from the sidelines

It's free country I'll say what I want.
I suggest you shut your trap and stop abusing and mouthing off at people telling them what to do.

Whether I can make it or not(and I can't) it's called free speech on a open public forum.
Tough !

Let me tell you, you may think treating people who don't agree like sh1t is the answer, but it won't help.
Fact is, your complete U-turn has shown what a spineless individual you really are.
I trusted you before, I certainly don't trust you now !

If you want to debate the issues maturely fine, let's debate them.
But once you get personal and abusive you've lost the argument.

Quoted from thebigeasy
One can only assume that you don't ever get to Grimsby or any games!

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1321999193/s-40/#num42

One can only assume you're not reading the fishy or following the football very much.
Reply: 83 - 94
ginnywings
November 23, 2011, 10:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 1600

He seems to think if I disagree about joining, I need to speak to GTST so they can send me around in circles again.

Every answer I've received begs a different question - suffice to say there comes a point when you realise you're never gonna get any real answers at all !

So after listening to GTST, I feel I have all the "information" I need, and I'm left with "issues" about why a group meant to represent supporters is a private members club with no transparent goals, no visible direction and a very poor marketing stategy.

I have no desire to put your efforts down for the sake of it, I just feel you're failing the supporters, but even more than that, failing yourselves, but I sincerely hope I'll be proved wrong in time.

Thanks for suggesting you can't answer my questions because you're not on the board, but then going straight ahead and answering other people's questions.  

My only real question is, are you (or even a GTST board member) willing to have an open public forum debate with me about the role of GTST, it's goals etc on here ? (without involving the childish brainless element who resort to namecalling)

You say my £12 "doesn't matter one jot" but then say I'm tightfisted and should be prepared to pay just to find out what GTST do !!!

But when people question if it's an effective strategy, instead of giving reasonable answers people like you label them as idiots, stupid etc.

You also seem to think people should have to do all their speaking with GTST and shouldn't be allowed to discuss their "issues" or share their opinions on here ?

I suggest you shut your trap and stop abusing and mouthing off at people telling them what to do.

Whether I can make it or not(and I can't) it's called free speech on a open public forum.
Tough !

Let me tell you, you may think treating people who don't agree like sh1t is the answer, but it won't help.
Fact is, your complete U-turn has shown what a spineless individual you really are.

One can only assume you're not reading the fishy or following the football very much.

Mental.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
80sglory
November 23, 2011, 10:58pm
Guest User
I have no questions about what GTST is or what it does, it's whether people are prepared to openly debate whether it's on the right path, can be improved etc.

If that's "mental" then so be it.
Reply: 85 - 94
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 23, 2011, 10:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Grim_Exile

I accept the point about timing of the announcement about which directors were seeking re-election but:
(1) it was certainly a possibility that JF was one of them and therefore not beyond the bounds of possibility to consider views beforehand
(2) the re-election of club directors was not on the Trust AGM agenda (whoever the candidates were going to be) so there was no opportunity for people who really felt strongly about it but were unable to attend to comment/make representations.
(3) (Again) do you think John Fenty is going to renege on his financial commitments if he isn't re-elected? Because if that is the case, having got us in this mess, this looks like he is the kid who takes his bat home because the others won't elt him win.

How many members/what % were at the AGM?

The Trust is passing up an opportunity to get some real influence by simply backing JF's re-election. (Yeah I know Wrawby said "we're not backing JF we're backing the club" but that's a matter of opinion). For the second time the Trust is giving JF what he wants - the first time you/we? could be forgiven for giving him the benefit of the doubt. The second time looks bloody naive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
LeightonMariner
November 23, 2011, 11:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -3
There once was an objector called thebigeasy
His posts made me feel quite queasy
But now he's a Fenty, allegiance aplenty
Bigeasy becomes thebigsleasy

Boom boom

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
Chris
November 23, 2011, 11:51pm
Table Wine Drinker

I accept the point about timing of the announcement about which directors were seeking re-election but:
(1) it was certainly a possibility that JF was one of them and therefore not beyond the bounds of possibility to consider views beforehand
(2) the re-election of club directors was not on the Trust AGM agenda (whoever the candidates were going to be) so there was no opportunity for people who really felt strongly about it but were unable to attend to comment/make representations.
(3) (Again) do you think John Fenty is going to renege on his financial commitments if he isn't re-elected? Because if that is the case, having got us in this mess, this looks like he is the kid who takes his bat home because the others won't elt him win.

How many members/what % were at the AGM?

The Trust is passing up an opportunity to get some real influence by simply backing JF's re-election. (Yeah I know Wrawby said "we're not backing JF we're backing the club" but that's a matter of opinion). For the second time the Trust is giving JF what he wants - the first time you/we? could be forgiven for giving him the benefit of the doubt. The second time looks bloody naive.

Pretty much the only difference between most GTFC supporters and Trust board members is the fact that the Trust board members have volunteered their time and energy to try and help both the trust as a whole and the club and their fellow supporters for whatever reason, have not. I'm not criticizing those who haven't either before I'm accused of it. Time is a precious commodity and most people lets face it, don't have enough of it to be bogged down in things like trust "business".

I think people forget this.

There has been so many ideas and so much enenrgy and enthusiasm towards the trust already but just because you may not have seen results in the 4 days since the board had its first meeting, I can assure any doubters it doesnt mean that there isn't anything happening behind the scenes.

I doubt it's worth saying anything to be honest because I'm certainly aware that there are those who have already made their minds up and to be honest I aint wasting my time and energy trying to convince them otherwise. That's not what I'm getting involved for. Sorry if you don't like that but thats just the way it is.

Re supporting John Fenty, I wouldnt say the "trust" is supporting him as such. But let me turn the question back the other way. Given we've established that the trust is made up of normal people/supporters of the club, and most people who have asked questions of us would claim to be of a similar ilk, what would YOU do regarding Fenty being reelected as a Director?

Say no, and assuming you have the deciding vote, you then have to hope like hell that there really is an as yet unidentified backer who would step in and save the club, running the risk that noone steps forward and the club ceases to be. So then, the Trust is labelled as being responsible for the end of GTFC.

If we "back him" (I don't see it as backing as such - I see it as acting in the best interests of GTFC and its supporters to the best of our ability with the information available to us) we get accused of being naive or are described in other rather derogatory terms

Another scenario is that we refuse to vote for his re-election but he gets elected anyway (the trust can't stop him being re elected as such). How then do you propose we work with him moving forward in the interests of the club?

Its an impossible situation and whatever the trust decides to do there will be people that aren't happy with the decisions taken.

So to those people, I ask you, what would YOU do?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 24, 2011, 10:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Chris, I've NEVER criticised anyone for volunteering to work for the Trust. I've been one of the biggest defenders on this and other boards. I have even bitten back on criticism in the past. This isn't a personal criticism. It's a criticism of the decision making, which I do find naive.

The Trust is now a major shareholder so it does have an influence now. Regardless of the final arithmetic of how many shares were behind JF. Sometimes you have to say when something isn't right. You may not think it isn't right (your perogative) but you've raised the "we can't make a difference anyway" argument so I'll say that isn't a valid argument at all. Much better to be seen as being against JF's re-election even if he eventually is re-elected. I understand the "pick your battles" point of view but this is one of those occasions when its better to be on the losing than the "winning" side.

As regards my naive comment, I stand by it. There was an opportunity to demand something in return for that support. I.E. the dropping of the board membership rule about having to put forward £x over and above the ownership of shares. We've heard today how little the other directors have put in overall. Or how about, an agreement which clips his wings and stops him making the rash decisions which have buggered the club up financially and ditched any hope of continuity?

"How then do you propose we work with him moving forward in the interests of the club?" are you saying he is such a petty man that he won't work with the Trust if it votes against him? In any mature relationship, all parties are entitled to make their views known. If any party isn't prepared to accept others may disagree, then it isn't a relationship worth having.

With respect to any alternatives, no one has answered the question I've raised a number of times. Are you saying John Fenty will not meet the commitments he made pre-season if he isn't re-elected?
No one has answered that question.

Reagarding the lack of alternative backers, I keep coming back to the last question. In addition I'd ask, how long before his leadership kills the club once and for all?

So all in all, not a good decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
Dan
November 24, 2011, 10:54pm

Exile
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1600

Tough !

You really are a tiresome bore.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 94
Chris
November 25, 2011, 12:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Chris, I've NEVER criticised anyone for volunteering to work for the Trust. I've been one of the biggest defenders on this and other boards. I have even bitten back on criticism in the past. This isn't a personal criticism. It's a criticism of the decision making, which I do find naive.

The Trust is now a major shareholder so it does have an influence now. Regardless of the final arithmetic of how many shares were behind JF. Sometimes you have to say when something isn't right. You may not think it isn't right (your perogative) but you've raised the "we can't make a difference anyway" argument so I'll say that isn't a valid argument at all. Much better to be seen as being against JF's re-election even if he eventually is re-elected. I understand the "pick your battles" point of view but this is one of those occasions when its better to be on the losing than the "winning" side.

As regards my naive comment, I stand by it. There was an opportunity to demand something in return for that support. I.E. the dropping of the board membership rule about having to put forward £x over and above the ownership of shares. We've heard today how little the other directors have put in overall. Or how about, an agreement which clips his wings and stops him making the rash decisions which have buggered the club up financially and ditched any hope of continuity?

"How then do you propose we work with him moving forward in the interests of the club?" are you saying he is such a petty man that he won't work with the Trust if it votes against him? In any mature relationship, all parties are entitled to make their views known. If any party isn't prepared to accept others may disagree, then it isn't a relationship worth having.

With respect to any alternatives, no one has answered the question I've raised a number of times. Are you saying John Fenty will not meet the commitments he made pre-season if he isn't re-elected?
No one has answered that question.

Reagarding the lack of alternative backers, I keep coming back to the last question. In addition I'd ask, how long before his leadership kills the club once and for all?

So all in all, not a good decision.

To be honest, I'm not really offering an opinion. I was I suppose playing devils advocate. I don't see a trust board member's role as being one that is determined by their individual opinions. The trust board need to reflect the views of the Trust membership.

There was a show of hands pertaining to how the Trust should vote in terms of supporting the re-election of Fenty as a Director and although there was a decent debate about him, and indeed regarding whether he should be supported, the almost unanimous decision was to support his re-election.

There is much going on in the background re the trust. There is a massive amount of work to be done. For my part Im juggling running a business, along with the fact that I (like everyone else)have a family and a wife who is (over)due giving birth. Others helping the trust are equally busy but we are really doing our best and along with attending 3 meetings in the past two weeks we have another planned for next week.

It's a busy time fella. Give us a chance to regroup, get organised and get relaunched.I can assure you there is much on the agenda and questions to be asked. Everyone is committed to making this work. Personally, Im not a fan of failure and the Trust wont be any different. There are some extremely capable people on the board, people I am looking forward to working with and (I am sure) learning from. The slight drawback to be being involved is that as an individual it does somewhat make you carefully consider every post you make in public forums just to ensure your own opinion cant be misconstrued as the trust opinion.  I will find thsi quite hard to deal with I think because Im a pretty straight talking sort of guy usually.

Id also say that we are always looking for people who have the right skills to join the board and others to help us with our planned activities so If you are able to and have the inclination to do so, please get in touch, give us a hand and make sure your opinions are heared, this really is an inclusive set up and we want as many voices to be heared as we can.

Also, be sure to check all the usual places for the latest on what we're doing as we'll be outlining our aims and setting out some ideas in the very near future. I think all the board members are excited about what we can do and we hope to carry that excitement and enthusiasm into the wider support as soon as is possible.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 94
80sglory
November 25, 2011, 2:19am
Guest User
Quoted from Chris

The slight drawback to be being involved is that as an individual it does somewhat make you carefully consider every post you make in public forums just to ensure your own opinion cant be misconstrued as the trust opinion.  I will find thsi quite hard to deal with I think because Im a pretty straight talking sort of guy usually.

Completely understand your reasoning there but it seems a shame.

Surely the trust should comprise of people with as diverse a range of views as possible ?

I totally understand people could hear a personal opinion and misconstrue it as a trust one, but just personally (and I'm honestly not knocking anyone), I've heard everyone from the trust (whether on radio or on here etc) and it's obvious they're all trying to be so overly-careful and word-perfect with everything they say, that it just comes over as totally pre-scripted and empty.

Wishy washy statements like "have a say, "a real opportunity" "best interests of the club" etc which effectively say very little is also a turn off.

Wouldn't it be a lot better to focus your attention on communication on the website ?
When it comes to your lack of a mission statement, goals, plan etc I honestly don't have a clue what your aims are.

As I said, my intention genuinely isn't to knock you or the trust's work, just giving you some feedback. (but I accept that's just me)

Pleased to hear you've got things in the pipeline and mabe your aims will become apparent soon so I'll leave it there.

Thanks for coming on to have a chat about these issues and good luck.
Reply: 92 - 94
ticker_1610
November 25, 2011, 9:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Chris, hope things went or are going well in your matrimonial circumstances! Straight talking yep that's a defo, my question is did you have owt to do with Antwii coming in just to relieve you of your dislike of mr K n his hoofball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 94
forza ivano
November 25, 2011, 9:32am

Exile
thanks for that excellent post chris - reasonable and well reasoned. in fact it must've been an exceptionally good post - you even got  a semi-reasonable reply from 80s glory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 94
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.