dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2011, 8:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,083
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I agree with you on the complicated front, and Parker gifting his shares only complicates things further. But if you have a long hard think ask yourself why he has done it? It could be any number of things but to me it seems he no longer has the time or the passion for the club as other people do. If people have any alternatives to JF please contact the Trust and explain why because its no use you sitting behind a keyboard and being all fart and no follow through.

parker as health issues and from day one he said he didnt want to control the club,he bought more shares and then someone called in the take over panel which probably would have made him buy even more share of the club effectively leaving him to control the club and again i repeat thats something he didnt want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 94
marinerjase
November 22, 2011, 8:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 157
Quoted from the Grimbarian

It totally pisses me off when my opinions are different to others they start getting personal like you and others have done in the past to me it either its an easy way by you and others to get at people or not intellegent enough to have a conversation without the attacks all of the time.
Trouble is when you do silly things  like the personal stuff it'll be read by other ppl who could help your cause then are put off by the immature response you give and wonder why they should help people like yourselves.
This all started all those years ago when the Trust first started and now surprise surprise its starting again all because my opinion is different to people about the Trust and will always be so its all down to you either you try and answer with out the personal stuff or by doing it youre undermining the work the others are doing on your side so to speak
The best bit is where you say you dont abuse fellow fans but because someone who didnt like my opinions did a hatchet job on me you joined in and out of approx 20posts on another thread by you 15 of them was aimed at me and the best thing you know sod all about me only what idiots put on here about me and they dont know me either and you think youre a credible canindate for anything to do with the Trust if I was you id think again mate.
Look at what you did the last time when I admitted about the Findus Bar and all that you did basically called me a liar and accused me of fabricating the story and then did that silly avatar which was another personal attack on me  and what was my crime is to be honest and upfront about it all to be honest knowing you anywhere near the Trust is laughable and doing what you do on here youve lost your credibility as well
Dont worry 2 of the mods on here and the exchairman of GTST was cuprable in joining in with the personal stuff as well on the same thread as you thinking it was a laugh in their small pea brain heads and TBH they should know better but it just proves how sad people can be to put their opinion across by using personal innuendoes about me and not know me either

Maybe the Trust should forget about GTFC and instead rebrand itself and venture into another field. Something like 'the full stop, comma and paragraph appreciation society.'

In all seriousness some valid points made above in the thread, and some decent questions. Although selective memories can play tricks..the quoted poster spent years publicly undermining/being immature about those who worked for the trust, now moans when others do likewise?? Pot and kettle. Anyway...I digress...perhaps those with objections could forward those to the trust people via message? Or in cases in which there's obviously a personality clash shouldn't retort/respond? (both parties). As regards the new trust set up, it's only been a few days, most work..let them settle in, sure they will be doing their utmost to achieve their aim in time.

Strongly agree re new members point made  by a poster though, should be targeting 'new' members as well, if more so, than ex members who became disillusioned. Those members will return I'm sure should the trust take a different route than previously.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 94
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2011, 8:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,083
Gold Stars: 85
lets get this straight some senior figures of the trust are involved in name calling on here,if so name them and get it into the open grimbo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 9:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
And what have GTST done so far except hold a few meetings and fanny about ?
I'll tell you what I don't like...
It's not Fenty getting re-elected.
It's not the fact GTST haven't come up with ONE idea before the AGM. (

For goodness sake give it a rest man - you've not been to any meetings, and have criticised every move. And you have no idea what is going on because you're not involved.

In case you haven't noticed the game has changed since MPs gift of the shares. The Trust had become "dormant" and a new board had to be elected. People have been encouraged to attend meetings (usually on a match day which seems perfectly reasonable to me) and have been encouraged to join the board.
To my knowledge you have not attended any meetings just offered up pathetic excuses, and spouted post after post of vitriol.
It's time to stand up and be counted my friend - there are still spaces available on the board, so get yourself co opted onto it and start to contibute in a positive way.

Everyone on here knows I am most definitely not JF's No 1 fan, and would love to see a change at the top. As it happens that seems unlikely at the moment, so the only way forward, in the interim, is to let him resume his role as chairman. JF has said he is willing to work with the Trust so the only solace I now have is there is another party that can have a direct influence on the club and question any decisions at the highest level. I also hope that perhaps some new ideas can be injected into the club through the Trust.

It will take some time to get everything back up and running at the Trust, and I will watch with great interest. In the meantime I suggest you grow up, and join the Trust and contribute, instead of bitching from the sidelines - it's worse than listening to  the blue rinse Tories maoning about Europe!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 94
shareholder
November 22, 2011, 9:31am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

parker as health issues and from day one he said he didnt want to control the club,he bought more shares and then someone called in the take over panel which probably would have made him buy even more share of the club effectively leaving him to control the club and again i repeat thats something he didnt want.

You Must Be Joking
Suppose he just bought the controlling shares to just pass on for the good of the Trust then.

Funny how he did this only when the Take Over Panel intervened isn't it.

Fenty told me he would happily step aside for Parker which he repeated in his resignation press statement.

So Just a few more quid and Parker could have budged Fenty out of the way. Oh how is wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i sense Parker parachuted out, as his metal were being tested by Fenty.

Did Parker prefer no responsibility and to sit out and bath in the glory OR did Fenty set him a test????? to stand up to be counted??

Seems to me they are both out of love with GTFC. lets trudge on with the Trust and kick some bottom, opportunity knocks.

But the Trust has taken rather a long time so far to do anything given the club is in crisis. Have they not????

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 94
north wall
November 22, 2011, 10:04am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
A trust running the club is like expecting train spotters to run British Rail (or whatever its called)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 94
forza ivano
November 22, 2011, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from thebigeasy

For goodness sake give it a rest man - you've not been to any meetings, and have criticised every move. And you have no idea what is going on because you're not involved.

In case you haven't noticed the game has changed since MPs gift of the shares. The Trust had become "dormant" and a new board had to be elected. People have been encouraged to attend meetings (usually on a match day which seems perfectly reasonable to me) and have been encouraged to join the board.
To my knowledge you have not attended any meetings just offered up pathetic excuses, and spouted post after post of vitriol.
It's time to stand up and be counted my friend - there are still spaces available on the board, so get yourself co opted onto it and start to contibute in a positive way.

Everyone on here knows I am most definitely not JF's No 1 fan, and would love to see a change at the top. As it happens that seems unlikely at the moment, so the only way forward, in the interim, is to let him resume his role as chairman. JF has said he is willing to work with the Trust so the only solace I now have is there is another party that can have a direct influence on the club and question any decisions at the highest level. I also hope that perhaps some new ideas can be injected into the club through the Trust.

It will take some time to get everything back up and running at the Trust, and I will watch with great interest. In the meantime I suggest you grow up, and join the Trust and contribute, instead of bitching from the sidelines - it's worse than listening to  the blue rinse Tories maoning about Europe!

i'm increasingly warming to you bigeasy!! lol
good post and keep up the good work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 94
the Grimbarian
November 22, 2011, 11:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
lets get this straight some senior figures of the trust are involved in name calling on here,if so name them and get it into the open grimbo

Its all in my above post mate cant be arsed to type their names again

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 94
cocky
November 22, 2011, 2:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Quoted from 1600

This sums it up.
If you don't agree, don't comment !
Is it any wonder some people don't want to join ?

Not what I was meaning at all.  I'm not a member of the trust myself.  My point is, if you have an issue with the trusts decisions, it's easy enough to join and make your point where it might make a difference, rather than moaning about it on a message board.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from thebigeasy
For goodness sake give it a rest man - you've not been to any meetings, and have criticised every move.

No I haven't been to any meeting cos I can't faackin make it !
What the hell do you know about my personal circumstances ?!  

But the point (and it's not a difficult one) is that I'd still be willign to join regardless IF I have a reason.
Your incessant BS that people need to sign up when you can't even explain why is tiresome.

As I said to Wrawbs, if I can back the club through the turnstiles so why do I need to join GTST ?
You tell me ! (please)

Quoted from thebigeasy
And you have no idea what is going on because you're not involved.

You or someone else tell me then because I'm buggered if I know.
Quoted from thebigeasy

I can't make meeting on matchdays.
Believe what you like (that seems to be your childish tactic) but surely the point is, how many OTHER fans around the country (or globe) can't make it but MIGHT want to join with enough incentive ?
I've said all this before though, does anyone have half a brain cell actually "get it" ?  

Tell you what I just won't bother, but don't start moaning or saying no-one gave a toss or tried to help if the trust fails with it's "make it or lump it" mentality.
Quoted from thebigeasy

Read my lips
I
CAN'T
MAKE
IT.

Not even on matchdays.
Why ?
It's PERSONAL and I'm not prepared to go into every aspect of my personal life to justify myself (what reasonable person would expect me to anyway ?)
But no doubt you'll keep slagging off people's motives when you know absolutely zilch about them.

Quoted from thebigeasy
Everyone on here knows I am most definitely not JF's No 1 fan, and would love to see a change at the top. As it happens that seems unlikely at the moment, so the only way forward, in the interim, is to let him resume his role as chairman. JF has said he is willing to work with the Trust so the only solace I now have is there is another party that can have a direct influence on the club and question any decisions at the highest level.

What has JF got to do with it ?
I don't give a toss !
Quoted from thebigeasy
In the meantime I suggest you grow up, and join the Trust and contribute, instead of bitching from the sidelines - it's worse than listening to  the blue rinse Tories maoning about Europe!

I don't need to grow up, you do.

If your answer to everything is to pretend people "can't be bothered" and dismiss all their genuine questions, then you're a boring scratched record who doesn't deserve anyone to take you seriously.

But I'll make a deal.
If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !
Reply: 49 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.