This thread currently has 7,175 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Chris
November 20, 2011, 12:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
The time for (just) words is coming to an end to be fair and now comes the action.

Who's up for it?

Membership needs to rocket to make it credible and viable. If you support GTFC I'd encourage membership of the Trust. Much to be done, lots of hard work already going on, the Trust now needs the members.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 94
ticker_1610
November 20, 2011, 12:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Some people always seem to want to see something that doesn't exist or find reason to moan n voice opinions formulated on very little knowledge or evidence. I for one am quite pleased with Big Chris, Barralad and Chris, being on the board of the trust. None of the three are shrinking violets or yes men just for a bit of kudos, they all bring different skill sets and masses of experience from different arena's of society n employment. If they support the return of JF then that's good enough for me! Am I easily led, those that know me know otherwise!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 20, 2011, 1:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ticker_1610
Some people always seem to want to see something that doesn't exist or find reason to moan n voice opinions formulated on very little knowledge or evidence. I for one am quite pleased with Big Chris, Barralad and Chris, being on the board of the trust. None of the three are shrinking violets or yes men just for a bit of kudos, they all bring different skill sets and masses of experience from different arena's of society n employment. If they support the return of JF then that's good enough for me! Am I easily led, those that know me know otherwise!

The Trust board is as diverse as it probably has been, everyone brings something different to the table. People are saying we should be doing 'this' or 'that' but are unwilling to be members. Just a question, for non-members of the Trust, what would it take to gain your participation?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 94
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2011, 1:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

The Trust board is as diverse as it probably has been, everyone brings something different to the table. People are saying we should be doing 'this' or 'that' but are unwilling to be members. Just a question, for non-members of the Trust, what would it take to gain your participation?

i intend to join the trust because we are running out of avenues BUT to many obstacles in the way to make any change,hope im wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 20, 2011, 1:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,405
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I will not be a member while the Trust supports John Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 94
Super Clive
November 20, 2011, 1:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from headingly_mariner

But thats just being childish though isn't it? come on I know all about that ...

The trust need your voice so you can put across why you don't think JF should be supported obviously his  record is abysmal but a this moment in time can you put forward an alternative ? I'm not a suppoter of JF and I wouldn't like him to be involved again but I can't can't offer an alternative at this time.

In the trust the is some people who don't want john back but the majority do so you saying you won't get involved while they still support JF why don't you be proactive and join change the majority?

or on the other hand It seems you will never be involved in the trust and if thats your childish attitude then I think its for the best.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 94
crusty ole pie
November 20, 2011, 1:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,394
Gold Stars: 66
The trust supports gtfc not John fenty but with no alternative you expect the trust not to vote for the only man who may keep us out of administration. Would be very foolish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 94
cleeimp
November 20, 2011, 1:56pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Why won't you as I see it you have not given a good reason for your statement.UTMM.

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 20, 2011, 3:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from headingly_mariner

"The Trust" does not support John Fenty.

"It" is just a name.

The MEMBERS of the trust discussed the options at their AGM, they then invited opinions to be e-mailed to them from those that could not attend the AGM, and the overwhelming majority were in favour of supporting Mr Fentys election to the board of GTFC.

Its called democracy and i think the Trust needs to continue to listen to their members. If you, or others dont think the views are correct or representative, then you need to join, give your views and persuade others so you become the majority.

moaning on message boards because you dont like it does you little credit. You have the power to force change if enough people support you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 94
cocky
November 20, 2011, 5:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
[quote=355]

I will not be a member while the Trust supports John Fenty.[/quote

If everyone that doesn't support Fenty has the same stance as you then it is unlikely that the support will will change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.