Dan
November 24, 2011, 10:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1600

Thanks but I have no questions.

I was merely referring to thebigeasy's OWN bizarre and contradictory logic.
He seems to think if I disagree about joining, I need to speak to GTST so they can send me around in circles again.

Every answer I've received begs a different question - suffice to say there comes a point when you realise you're never gonna get any real answers at all !

So after listening to GTST, I feel I have all the "information" I need, and I'm left with "issues" about why a group meant to represent supporters is a private members club with no transparent goals, no visible direction and a very poor marketing stategy.

I have no desire to put your efforts down for the sake of it, I just feel you're failing the supporters, but even more than that, failing yourselves, but I sincerely hope I'll be proved wrong in time.

Thanks for suggesting you can't answer my questions because you're not on the board, but then going straight ahead and answering other people's questions.  

My only real question is, are you (or even a GTST board member) willing to have an open public forum debate with me about the role of GTST, it's goals etc on here ? (without involving the childish brainless element who resort to namecalling)

I already have all the "information" I need to form my own opinion thankyou.  

You say my £12 "doesn't matter one jot" but then say I'm tightfisted and should be prepared to pay just to find out what GTST do !!!
Your logic is all over the place ! Truly unbelievable....

Now I've got nothing against anyone and I hope eveything succeeds.
But when people question if it's an effective strategy, instead of giving reasonable answers people like you label them as idiots, stupid etc.
Suffice to say, it's sure proof you don't have a leg to stand on.

Representing supporters ? Sounds like it's more like slagging them off ?!

You also seem to think people should have to do all their speaking with GTST and shouldn't be allowed to discuss their "issues" or share their opinions on here ?

It's free country I'll say what I want.
I suggest you shut your trap and stop abusing and mouthing off at people telling them what to do.

Whether I can make it or not(and I can't) it's called free speech on a open public forum.
Tough !

Let me tell you, you may think treating people who don't agree like sh1t is the answer, but it won't help.
Fact is, your complete U-turn has shown what a spineless individual you really are.
I trusted you before, I certainly don't trust you now !

If you want to debate the issues maturely fine, let's debate them.
But once you get personal and abusive you've lost the argument.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1321999193/s-40/#num42

One can only assume you're not reading the fishy or following the football very much.

You really are a tiresome bore.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 94
Chris
November 25, 2011, 12:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Chris, I've NEVER criticised anyone for volunteering to work for the Trust. I've been one of the biggest defenders on this and other boards. I have even bitten back on criticism in the past. This isn't a personal criticism. It's a criticism of the decision making, which I do find naive.

The Trust is now a major shareholder so it does have an influence now. Regardless of the final arithmetic of how many shares were behind JF. Sometimes you have to say when something isn't right. You may not think it isn't right (your perogative) but you've raised the "we can't make a difference anyway" argument so I'll say that isn't a valid argument at all. Much better to be seen as being against JF's re-election even if he eventually is re-elected. I understand the "pick your battles" point of view but this is one of those occasions when its better to be on the losing than the "winning" side.

As regards my naive comment, I stand by it. There was an opportunity to demand something in return for that support. I.E. the dropping of the board membership rule about having to put forward £x over and above the ownership of shares. We've heard today how little the other directors have put in overall. Or how about, an agreement which clips his wings and stops him making the rash decisions which have buggered the club up financially and ditched any hope of continuity?

"How then do you propose we work with him moving forward in the interests of the club?" are you saying he is such a petty man that he won't work with the Trust if it votes against him? In any mature relationship, all parties are entitled to make their views known. If any party isn't prepared to accept others may disagree, then it isn't a relationship worth having.

With respect to any alternatives, no one has answered the question I've raised a number of times. Are you saying John Fenty will not meet the commitments he made pre-season if he isn't re-elected?
No one has answered that question.

Reagarding the lack of alternative backers, I keep coming back to the last question. In addition I'd ask, how long before his leadership kills the club once and for all?

So all in all, not a good decision.

To be honest, I'm not really offering an opinion. I was I suppose playing devils advocate. I don't see a trust board member's role as being one that is determined by their individual opinions. The trust board need to reflect the views of the Trust membership.

There was a show of hands pertaining to how the Trust should vote in terms of supporting the re-election of Fenty as a Director and although there was a decent debate about him, and indeed regarding whether he should be supported, the almost unanimous decision was to support his re-election.

There is much going on in the background re the trust. There is a massive amount of work to be done. For my part Im juggling running a business, along with the fact that I (like everyone else)have a family and a wife who is (over)due giving birth. Others helping the trust are equally busy but we are really doing our best and along with attending 3 meetings in the past two weeks we have another planned for next week.

It's a busy time fella. Give us a chance to regroup, get organised and get relaunched.I can assure you there is much on the agenda and questions to be asked. Everyone is committed to making this work. Personally, Im not a fan of failure and the Trust wont be any different. There are some extremely capable people on the board, people I am looking forward to working with and (I am sure) learning from. The slight drawback to be being involved is that as an individual it does somewhat make you carefully consider every post you make in public forums just to ensure your own opinion cant be misconstrued as the trust opinion.  I will find thsi quite hard to deal with I think because Im a pretty straight talking sort of guy usually.

Id also say that we are always looking for people who have the right skills to join the board and others to help us with our planned activities so If you are able to and have the inclination to do so, please get in touch, give us a hand and make sure your opinions are heared, this really is an inclusive set up and we want as many voices to be heared as we can.

Also, be sure to check all the usual places for the latest on what we're doing as we'll be outlining our aims and setting out some ideas in the very near future. I think all the board members are excited about what we can do and we hope to carry that excitement and enthusiasm into the wider support as soon as is possible.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 94
80sglory
November 25, 2011, 2:19am
Guest User
Quoted from Chris

The slight drawback to be being involved is that as an individual it does somewhat make you carefully consider every post you make in public forums just to ensure your own opinion cant be misconstrued as the trust opinion.  I will find thsi quite hard to deal with I think because Im a pretty straight talking sort of guy usually.

Completely understand your reasoning there but it seems a shame.

Surely the trust should comprise of people with as diverse a range of views as possible ?

I totally understand people could hear a personal opinion and misconstrue it as a trust one, but just personally (and I'm honestly not knocking anyone), I've heard everyone from the trust (whether on radio or on here etc) and it's obvious they're all trying to be so overly-careful and word-perfect with everything they say, that it just comes over as totally pre-scripted and empty.

Wishy washy statements like "have a say, "a real opportunity" "best interests of the club" etc which effectively say very little is also a turn off.

Wouldn't it be a lot better to focus your attention on communication on the website ?
When it comes to your lack of a mission statement, goals, plan etc I honestly don't have a clue what your aims are.

As I said, my intention genuinely isn't to knock you or the trust's work, just giving you some feedback. (but I accept that's just me)

Pleased to hear you've got things in the pipeline and mabe your aims will become apparent soon so I'll leave it there.

Thanks for coming on to have a chat about these issues and good luck.
Reply: 92 - 94
ticker_1610
November 25, 2011, 9:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Chris, hope things went or are going well in your matrimonial circumstances! Straight talking yep that's a defo, my question is did you have owt to do with Antwii coming in just to relieve you of your dislike of mr K n his hoofball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 94
forza ivano
November 25, 2011, 9:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
thanks for that excellent post chris - reasonable and well reasoned. in fact it must've been an exceptionally good post - you even got  a semi-reasonable reply from 80s glory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.