10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
November 22, 2011, 2:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,702
Gold Stars: 155
I'd pay your 15 quid if it stopped you disecting every buggers posts...

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 94
forza ivano
November 22, 2011, 2:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 1600

No I haven't been to any meeting cos I can't faackin make it !
What the hell do you know about my personal circumstances ?!  

But the point (and it's not a difficult one) is that I'd still be willign to join regardless IF I have a reason.
Your incessant BS that people need to sign up when you can't even explain why is tiresome.

As I said to Wrawbs, if I can back the club through the turnstiles so why do I need to join GTST ?
You tell me ! (please)

You or someone else tell me then because I'm buggered if I know.

I can't make meeting on matchdays.
Believe what you like (that seems to be your childish tactic) but surely the point is, how many OTHER fans around the country (or globe) can't make it but MIGHT want to join with enough incentive ?
I've said all this before though, does anyone have half a brain cell actually "get it" ?  

Tell you what I just won't bother, but don't start moaning or saying no-one gave a toss or tried to help if the trust fails with it's "make it or lump it" mentality.

Read my lips
I
CAN'T
MAKE
IT.

Not even on matchdays.
Why ?
It's PERSONAL and I'm not prepared to go into every aspect of my personal life to justify myself (what reasonable person would expect me to anyway ?)
But no doubt you'll keep slagging off people's motives when you know absolutely zilch about them.

What has JF got to do with it ?
I don't give a toss !

I don't need to grow up, you do.

If your answer to everything is to pretend people "can't be bothered" and dismiss all their genuine questions, then you're a boring scratched record who doesn't deserve anyone to take you seriously.

But I'll make a deal.
If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !

the words 'seeker' and 'attention' spring to mind
is there any way i can just ignore him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 94
BlackBoots
November 22, 2011, 2:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
"If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !"

Surely its not an either or? Or is it?

I am sure the Trust wants everyone to become a member but equally we need to see a point and value. For me if there were regular meetings whereby reasonable questions raised by members were put to the club by the Trust and answers relaid that would be a benefit.

If a proportion, say 50% of by membership fee, went to the Youth section then yes, I would join.

I understand the board only had its AGM last Thursday, met last Saturday and are meeting again this week to try and get things moving. I await to hear from them but do understand they all have jobs, lives away from GTFC and The Trust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from cocky
it's easy enough to join and make your point where it might make a difference, rather than moaning about it on a message board.  

Can I really ?  
Is it ok with you if I pay £15 out my own pocket just to make my point ?
Thanks very much, you're all heart !  

Quoted from marinerjase
I'd pay your 15 quid if it stopped you disecting every buggers posts...

You can't put a price on free speech but if you want to donate it's your choice.
But what about all the other £15's from around the UK the Trust are missing out on ?
Are you prepared to pay those as well ?

Quoted from forza ivano

Yet when you bang on about it, you think you're god.
Well you keep pointing the finger like everyone else mate, that'll help !
If you can't debate maturely or answer the questions it's your fault not mine.
Reply: 53 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from BlackBoots
"If you or anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON why I should sign up £15 as opposed to sapending the same amount in the club shop or through the OS then I'll gladly sign up right now !"

Surely its not an either or? Or is it?

Forget the club shop then, just give me one good reason !

Reply: 54 - 94
voice of reason
November 22, 2011, 2:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from forza ivano

Of course there is a way... There is a block function or just skip past his post, it's not hard but people just like to have a pop at 80's...

Like it or not, he makes a valid point... How do people, who don't live locally, or can't get to meetings, find out exactly what is going on, or even have a say, I don't know, do you or anybody else...???

I take my hat off to anyone who gets involved with the trust and maybe one day I will myself... The people involved are doing this for free in the hope it will have positive impact upon the clubs future, how can anyone criticise that really...???

I do believe though the trust needs to start doing as opposed to talking because that is the only way any people who are sceptical can be proven wrong and when/if they are proven wrong they may just want to be part of it...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 3:08pm
Guest User
Despite what people may choose to think, I WANT the Trust to be successful for the supporters AND the club.

Ok I'll be patient and just wait and see, but you've got to admit, it looks like nothings happening ?

I know of rich closet fans stuck in London who would probably shell out £100's if they were aware of a scheme to involve remote supporters, they're scattered all over from Australia to Norway !
But all we get is "turn up and make a difference."

If people want a small community club then fair enough, I just fear the way things are going GTST won't get off the ground through not thinking big enough and not engaging supporters imaginations enough, that's all...

It all depends what the role of GTST is though.
Is it to allow supporters a say to help prop up the club long-term or just to make things a little better for the average supporter on matchdays ?
Reply: 56 - 94
moosey_club
November 22, 2011, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
Personally i would consider becoming a member of the trust and donating my members fee if i thought they genuinely had a real say in decisions in the running of the club.
I think it is a mistake for them to not seek a place on the board with the gift shares they have received to back them up.
Yes there is a financial commitment to that but would a membership drive based on a board place or even a takeover increase interest and funding?
Could half/some of the shares gifted be sold to raise funds to secure a place on the board?
Its all well and good putting money into youth systems etc but then the trust is only effectively acting as a corporate sponsor, no different to a local building merchants or solicitors. Yes it supports the club financially but there is no actual influence at high level is there?
Maybe the club AGM will spring up one or two suprises that may effect the whole position of the club or trust but personally cant see us avoiding administration before too long, maybe that is something the trust should be preparing for and be ready to strike should it happen.
Although 80's bangs on and on and on about it to the point of distraction for some, i feel in a similar place,i would be happy to support the trust if i could read something that spells out clearly its objectives and its plans for achieving them.

As it stands i dont see how supporting the trust is more beneficial to the long term survival of the club (and that should be the focus here as that is what is most important) than spending direct with the club itself as in reality its all income to the club, in fact probably more income to the club paying direct as dont the trust hold the funds and then decide where to spend therefore delaying income ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 94
moosey_club
November 22, 2011, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,334
Gold Stars: 229
Oh and while i was on that last post i had an idea.....why dont the trust approach the commercial dept and bid for the catering package next time it is up?
Man it with volunteers, who effectively get in free to watch the game, run it as a little business with any profits direct into trust coffers.
Supporters would hopefully get a more acceptable standard of food, possible better choice or even an influence on choice of fayre available which may increase turnover.
Just a thought.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 94
forza ivano
November 22, 2011, 3:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from voice of reason

Of course there is a way... There is a block function or just skip past his post, it's not hard but people just like to have a pop at 80's...

Like it or not, he makes a valid point... How do people, who don't live locally, or can't get to meetings, find out exactly what is going on, or even have a say, I don't know, do you or anybody else...???

I take my hat off to anyone who gets involved with the trust and maybe one day I will myself... The people involved are doing this for free in the hope it will have positive impact upon the clubs future, how can anyone criticise that really...???

I do believe though the trust needs to start doing as opposed to talking because that is the only way any people who are sceptical can be proven wrong and when/if they are proven wrong they may just want to be part of it...

ta for that vor - bit thick with computers  where do i find this block function?
as for your other point i'm a life member living 200 miles away -if i want to find anything out i can a) go on trust website b) pm or leave a message on their site or this site c) i could write to them or d) i can see them at an away match - 3 or 4 of them are usually there.
I hope you would accept that an awful lot has been done by the trust just in the last month , since the issue was raised on here. yes the trust was just ticking over - but that's a chicken and egg thing - how do you keep it busy if there's nobody doing anything? since people got motivated as a result of the fishy post an awful lot has happened
a whole load of new people have come on board
a lot of new members have joined
a new board is in place with fresh ideas and impetus
500,000 shares have been donated
psg suggested a very easy way for people to raise some easy money - hardly anyone has done it

give them alittle time to get organised - they only got elected last week!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.