Googlebot and 63 Guests

The Trust

This thread currently has 7,183 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 5:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Oh and while i was on that last post i had an idea.....why dont the trust approach the commercial dept and bid for the catering package next time it is up?
Man it with volunteers, who effectively get in free to watch the game, run it as a little business with any profits direct into trust coffers.
Supporters would hopefully get a more acceptable standard of food, possible better choice or even an influence on choice of fayre available which may increase turnover.
Just a thought.

Bloody good idea !
Not just for the supporters, but for the trust too.

I genuinely believe if the trust could "put something back" making a real difference for supporters, it would be reciprocated in spades.

Fair play to loyal supporters who have paid £15 with noble intentions, but what happens after that long term ?
Where's the sustainability ?

Some fans unquestionably loyal to GTST (and the club) will dig into their pockets indefinitely but not everyone will without an incentive.

Not slagging anyone off, but GTST (or loyal fans) shouldn't assume it's every fans DUTY to support them indefintely without a reason - it works both ways.

Like moosey says, it's role should be more than corporate sponsor, it should ideally (IMO) be friend, protector and there to serve everyone (not the other way round !)

But if the trust show willing for me, I'll give triple back in return.
Can't say any fairer than that... ?
Reply: 60 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 22, 2011, 6:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from shareholder

You Must Be Joking
Suppose he just bought the controlling shares to just pass on for the good of the Trust then.

Funny how he did this only when the Take Over Panel intervened isn't it.

Fenty told me he would happily step aside for Parker which he repeated in his resignation press statement.

So Just a few more quid and Parker could have budged Fenty out of the way. Oh how is wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i sense Parker parachuted out, as his metal were being tested by Fenty.

Did Parker prefer no responsibility and to sit out and bath in the glory OR did Fenty set him a test????? to stand up to be counted??

Seems to me they are both out of love with GTFC. lets trudge on with the Trust and kick some bottom, opportunity knocks.

But the Trust has taken rather a long time so far to do anything given the club is in crisis. Have they not????

How is the the rest of the shares and then the Fenty Loans that hang over the club a few more quid?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 6:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
No I haven't been to any meeting cos I can't faackin make it !

You really are the limit - I wasn't able to get to the initial meetings, and I knew nothing about what was going on! I was thinking about joining the trust but wanted some background before I coughed up my money, so I sent a pm on here to Emma and Dave who kindly agreed to meet me. Why can't you do the same. And if you can't move outside you house I assume you might have access to a phone!

Quoted Text
But the point (and it's not a difficult one) is that I'd still be willign to join regardless IF I have a reason.
Your incessant BS that people need to sign up when you can't even explain why is tiresome.

Why should anyone else have to give you a reason. You make your own mind up. But in any event I'll explain why I joined - now the Trust has a significant shareholding it has the potential to have some positive influence on the club. Joining the Trust gives you access to information and input into its direction. And above all it gives you a voice - and I would have thought that would be right up your street. You seem to always have time to post endless drivel on here so I'd have thought £12 for you to be able to have your say within the trust for a year would be a bargain!

Quoted Text
I can't make meeting on matchdays.
Believe what you like (that seems to be your childish tactic) but surely the point is, how many OTHER fans around the country (or globe) can't make it but MIGHT want to join with enough incentive ?
I've said all this before though, does anyone have half a brain cell actually "get it"

Totally stupidity - I couldn't make the matchday meetings, BUT it was obviously the best time for many people as they will be in town for the game and it saves them the time and cost of a special trip. Just because it doesn't suit you it's wrong, and you launch into a stream of vitriol. If people want to join they will - those that want to contribute will contribute, whereever they are and by whatever means are available to them. It's extremely difficult for me to be heavily involved and I would love to have the time to join the board, but my business prevents that. But I now have a vehicle to express my thoughts, and no doubt we will have access to information about the club that wasn't readily available before.

Quoted Text
As I said to Wrawbs, if I can back the club through the turnstiles so why do I need to join GTST ?
You tell me ! (please)

Are you really that stupid - your bitching on here about JF and goodness knows what else. You obviously have plenty to say, so pay your £12 and get your message across to the board. You say your full of ideas - what do you want, someone to come grovelling to you asking for your pearls of wisdom, arranging venues for meetings just to suit you? It's not about backing the Trust financially, your £12 doesn't matter one jot. It's about assembling a body that just may help turn the club around.

Quoted Text
You or someone else tell me then because I'm buggered if I know.

Join the trust and you will get regular updates - why should you find out things and be involved if your too tight to join? Why should anyone tell you whats going on when your too tight to cough up £12?

Quoted Text
I don't need to grow up, you do.
If your answer to everything is to pretend people "can't be bothered" and dismiss all their genuine questions, then you're a boring scratched record who doesn't deserve anyone to take you seriously.

I don't pretend about anything - if something matters to me I get off my backside and make it work. And lots of people take me seriously sunshine - and I make a good living from it. If you  meet me (if that is possible given your trying circumstances) I guarantee you will take me seriously!

In short - whatever your reason is for not being able to make it to anything the trust arranges, despite miraculously being able to attend most games, is none of my business. I really don't care, but get this. The Trust will sink or swim regardless of your bitching on here - why don't you do something in the best way you can that may help it succeed!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 6:42pm
Guest User
So no one should have to give me any reason but I should insist Emma drives around to see me to explain it all ?

You're full of b0llocks !

I'm off to the match...
Reply: 63 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
So no one should have to give me any reason but I should insist Emma drives around to see me to explain it all ?

I'm off to the match...

You truly are the biggest idiot I have ever had the misfortune to come across - and I've met a few.

Ever heard of email or the phone you moron!

Talk about crap! Oh and I see you can miraculously make it tonight despite all your "physical" problems. Oh and whilst your there why don't you hunt one of the Trust down - I'm sure they will walk around to your seat if you can't make it any further!

When you have a real point to make instead of the usual drivel let me know, I'll volunteer to drive round and tell you what I think!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 94
psgmariner
November 22, 2011, 7:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Think 80s is in one of his moods. Best to ignore till he finds something to crusade against.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
thebigeasy
November 22, 2011, 7:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted Text
Think 80s is in one of his moods. Best to ignore till he finds something to crusade against.

Moods? I've never heard such inane drivel.

If anyone from the trust reads this please arrange to meet this fool at his seat in the ground at half time at the next home game of his choosing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
psgmariner
November 22, 2011, 7:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from thebigeasy

Moods? I've never heard such inane drivel.

If anyone from the trust reads this please arrange to meet this fool at his seat in the ground at half time at the next home game of his choosing!

Can't say fairer than that! Unless he is busy at half time...

Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
Grim_Exile
November 22, 2011, 7:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from 1600

I'm off to the match...

No, but I would have been more than happy to have a telephone conversation with you, had you asked nicely  .  As I am no longer on the GTST board however, can I suggest that you call 0870 4711 827 and leave a message, I am sure one of the GTST board would be more than happy to call you back and provide you all of the information you require.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
TWAreaTownSupporter
November 22, 2011, 7:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

It is a near completely new board of the Trust, It is going through a transitional phase ready for a relaunch. The Trust needs time to gain credibility amongst the fans and the community in order to successfully make a difference these things take time, If JF left the board and took his money with him then what? With no money we go bust, simple as.

I respect you and the others for volunteering to take on what at times will be a thankless task. And I understand it's nearly a completely new Trust board and that there's a transitional phase and that it takes time to build credibility. But I don't think the proposed path is in the long-term interests of the club or the Trust.

What you seem to be saying is if John Fenty isn't voted back onto the board he will pull the plug on the financial commitment he made at the start of the season (having set a budget that isn't covered by the operating revenue of the club)?

If that's the case I don't think the Trust should go anywhere near a "yes" vote. This is such a contentious issue a vote either way ought not to be taken without canvassing the members. I know you've recently been elected but I don't recall any mention of a JF's candidature for the club board in any of the manifestos.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.