10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2011, 6:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous. The Trust finally has some power and they are going to vote the worst chairman in living history back in without asking any question of what he plans to do with the club.

I know people are scared about the future of the club but to place the fans support in a man who has the club losing nearly a million a year is lunacy, he cannot sustain the club and the debt to him will only rise.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Super Clive
November 19, 2011, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I hope john has a plan, we all need to pull in the right direction together. Put the past behind us and cut our cloth accordingly build something for the future. Live within our means, and stop making a loss of 1 mil a year, get fans back into the ground and stop charging 1.50 for tea and coffee  
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 94
cleethorpes_mariner
November 19, 2011, 6:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous. The Trust finally has some power and they are going to vote the worst chairman in living history back in without asking any question of what he plans to do with the club.I know people are scared about the future of the club but to place the fans support in a man who has the club losing nearly a million a year is lunacy, he cannot sustain the club and the debt to him will only rise.

Why dont you ask him face to face rather than alway moaning behind your keyboard ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 19, 2011, 6:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous. The Trust finally has some power and they are going to vote the worst chairman in living history back in without asking any question of what he plans to do with the club.

I know people are scared about the future of the club but to place the fans support in a man who has the club losing nearly a million a year is lunacy, he cannot sustain the club and the debt to him will only rise.

I very much agree that to say such a thing would be ridiculous but having listened to the interview that wasnt what was said.

It went something on the lines of they had canvassed their members and the view was that the club for the time being would be better off with JF in the boardroom rather than outside of it.

Big difference!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 94
barralad
November 19, 2011, 6:45pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Kris Mustampa

I very much agree that to say such a thing would be ridiculous but having listened to the interview that wasnt what was said.

It went something on the lines of they had canvassed their members and the view was that the club for the time being would be better off with JF in the boardroom rather than outside of it.

Big difference!

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant Kris! I was one of those who voted to get Mr Fenty back in the boardroom for the simple reason that at this moment in time there is absolutely no alternative.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 19, 2011, 6:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from barralad

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant Kris! I was one of those who voted to get Mr Fenty back in the boardroom for the simple reason that at this moment in time there is absolutely no alternative.

That seems to be your answer for everything, i suggest you have a listen to the interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 94
Chris
November 19, 2011, 8:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1

As I understand it, the vote is to re-elect him as a Director. And your assessment of the situation isnt entirely accurate either. Attending the AGM will no doubt have demonstrated this to you. Im not sure this will neccessarily be reflected by the minutes but moving forward I am sure the trust will be active in seeking means of support for GTFC in an effort to end the total dependance upon Mr Fenty who himself has repeatedly stated he wants other backers on board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 94
psgmariner
November 20, 2011, 9:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33

Why dont you ask him face to face rather than alway moaning behind your keyboard ?

WHS

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 94
cocky
November 20, 2011, 10:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0

Then I'd suggest not commenting on decisions.  You've got a chance to influence that decision by joining the trust and voting how you want, but like many you have decided not to join and instead will just moan about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 94
thebigeasy
November 20, 2011, 11:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted Text
I listened to the two gents from the trust's interview before the game and sadly it confirmed my worst fears, i will not be joining. I had always thought that the trust would allow Fenty to return but the tripe about not having a club without Fenty is just ridiculous

What a totally stupid comment.

The Trust now has a real "presence" with its new found shareholding and as such can have some influence.

If you were a member, you could have had your say, and you could have changed their minds - at the very least wou would have had a chance to listen to all the arguements for and against. Posting drivel like that on here is akin to a childlike tantrum.

Grow up and get involved if you have something to add!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 94
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.