Wrawby_Mariner
November 21, 2011, 11:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from the Grimbarian
A new motto for the Trust SAME excrement DIFFERENT DAY because with Parker giving shares away like hes done TBH hes just complicated our fractured boardroom and made it more complexed to sort this problem out.It doesnt matter whether you have an AGM EGM this problem will always be there and will just drag the club further down the footballing ladder than it is now.
The worry about all this is whether the Club will benefit from having three warring factions on the board all thinking they know what best for the Club when all three couldnt be more further from the truth on different matters if it slapped them in the face

I agree with you on the complicated front, and Parker gifting his shares only complicates things further. But if you have a long hard think ask yourself why he has done it? It could be any number of things but to me it seems he no longer has the time or the passion for the club as other people do. If people have any alternatives to JF please contact the Trust and explain why because its no use you sitting behind a keyboard and being all fart and no follow through.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 30 - 94
the Grimbarian
November 21, 2011, 11:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Carry on with the silly talk and then youll wonder why the Trust for the 2nd time will go mammaries up all because you cant answer something with out getting personal just to remind you-:

In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

Or have you a short memory

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 22, 2011, 12:33am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from the Grimbarian
Carry on with the silly talk and then youll wonder why the Trust for the 2nd time will go mammaries up all because you cant answer something with out getting personal just to remind you-:

In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the

Or have you a short memory

No No, I'm explaining my thoughts and it wasn't a personal attack on you it was general, I just wanted you to explain what your thoughts are and why your opinions on the GTFC board are what they are. I'm not asking to be nasty Mr Grimbarian, I'm interested in why you think what you think because they are clearly so different to my own thoughts.
Logged Offline
Reply: 32 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 12:43am
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
We are backing the club

Why do I need to be member of GTST to back the club ?
I can pay my money through the turnstiles and I've already donated £25 to the youth setup via the OS.

all fart and no follow through.

And what have GTST done so far except hold a few meetings and fanny about ?

I'll tell you what I don't like...
It's not Fenty getting re-elected.
It's not the fact GTST haven't come up with ONE idea before the AGM. ("it takes time" my @rse !)

It's patronizing and condascending people like YOU who abuse supporters and treat them like they're either thick, lazy won't volunteer (when they can't) and then pretend you're doing it all for the supporters benefit.
You also bizarrely seem to equate representing supporters with representing the club as if it's the same thing !  

Forgive me but I'm not paying £15 to "have a say" in an organization that (IMO) seemingly still doesn't know their @rse from their elbow and what the intercourse they're actually meant to be doing !  

If you're the benchmark for the brains at work behind the scenes or the public face of GTST then count me out ad infinitum.
Reply: 33 - 94
Wrawby_Mariner
November 22, 2011, 1:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1600

Why do I need to be member of GTST to back the club ?
I can pay my money through the turnstiles and I've already donated £25 to the youth setup via the OS.

And what have GTST done so far except hold a few meetings and fanny about ?

I'll tell you what I don't like...
It's not Fenty getting re-elected.
It's not the fact GTST haven't come up with ONE idea before the AGM. ("it takes time" my @rse !)

It's patronizing and condascending people like YOU who abuse supporters and treat them like they're either thick, lazy won't volunteer (when they can't) and then pretend you're doing it all for the supporters benefit.
You also bizarrely seem to equate representing supporters with representing the club as if it's the same thing !  

Forgive me but I'm not paying £15 to "have a say" in an organization that (IMO) seemingly still doesn't know their @rse from their elbow and what the intercourse they're actually meant to be doing !  

If you're the benchmark for the brains at work behind the scenes or the public face of GTST then count me out ad infinitum.

Cool story bro, it changed my life, It could really have some with more dragons and stuff though .   I don't abuse people my fellow Mariner. Nor do I imply they are thick or lazy I've clearly touched a nerve here and for that reason I'm out. Feel free to write a lengthy reply with various out of context quotes . . .I will take one look at it then . . .get on with my life.
Logged Offline
Reply: 34 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:04am
Guest User
I don't abuse people my fellow Mariner.

Come off it , how many times did you tell me to "f off" ?

Nor do I imply they are thick or lazy

What does "all fart and no follow through" mean ?

I've clearly touched a nerve here and for that reason I'm out. Feel free to write a lengthy reply with various out of context quotes . . .I will take one look at it then . . .get on with my life.

You sound a little ashamed - well maybe you should be.
I'm sure you mean well, but this tactic of trying to bully, slag or fob off people with genuine questions isn't right and won't endear them to a united common cause. Only well thought out answers will.

It's not you that I blame so much, it's the lack of direction from GTST.
I'm not counting myself out of joining GTST and I look forward to what they have to say - I'm genuinely looking for a reason to join !

I apologise if I upset you but with all due respect, you're don't mind dishing it out when it suits you.
When you take the stance over these issues like anyone who disagrees is against the supporters, the club or doesn't want it to be successful, then you're asking for it IMO.

I'm always happy to have a mature debate over the real issues but reactions from some fans like you are offputting and it doesn't encourage co-operation like one big happy family.

"Democracy" is all well and good, but when are GTST gonna represent ALL supporters ?
I get the impression that if you're not in favour of what they want to do, you're not wanted.
Not willing to come on the messageboards to discuss it are they ?
Instead we get fobbed off with "it's better to meet people face to face".
Different story when they've got the power to allow people to join their meetings through video-conferencing facilities isn't it ?

I just feel like all issues, TELLING people they should be doing this or that, or questioning why they're not doing it, isn't the answer.
Reply: 35 - 94
80sglory
November 22, 2011, 2:44am
Guest User
Quoted from cocky
Then I'd suggest not commenting on decisions.  You've got a chance to influence that decision by joining the trust and voting how you want, but like many you have decided not to join and instead will just moan about it.

This sums it up.
If you don't agree, don't comment !
Is it any wonder some people don't want to join ?

I also don't buy this argument that people should have pay £15 to "have their voice heard" when I'm guessing it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Why can't GTST let EVERY supporter join for free and just rely on donations ?
Why do we even need a "Society board" as part of the constitution and allow members to just vote on whatever they want ?
Why not allow people who can't make these meetings, a chance to vote ?

Quoted from Chris
Membership needs to rocket to make it credible and viable.

For what reason/goal ?

As it seems you're on the board, let's have some answers please ?

Quoted from ticker_1610
I for one am quite pleased with Big Chris, Barralad and Chris, being on the board of the trust. None of the three are shrinking violets or yes men just for a bit of kudos, they all bring different skill sets and masses of experience from different arena's of society n employment.

Please spare us the party political broadcast !  

Maybe Chris, BigChris or barralad will be good enough to tell the supporters (sorry members) what the "plan" is ?

Or do you expect supporters to all divvy up then find out later ?
Reply: 36 - 94
arryarryarry
November 22, 2011, 3:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,024
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Meza
I haven't attended the trusts but I would certainly back JF to the hilt.  People have their own reasons for not liking or wanting JF back if someone else came in made an offer and it was accepted then a new page is turned over in GTFC history.  However right now there is noone else MP came and just left us in the crap IMO a complete knob.

And you sir are a complete and utter idiot.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
the Grimbarian
November 22, 2011, 4:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2

No No, I'm explaining my thoughts and it wasn't a personal attack on you it was general, I just wanted you to explain what your thoughts are and why your opinions on the GTFC board are what they are. I'm not asking to be nasty Mr Grimbarian, I'm interested in why you think what you think because they are clearly so different to my own thoughts.

It totally pisses me off when my opinions are different to others they start getting personal like you and others have done in the past to me it either its an easy way by you and others to get at people or not intellegent enough to have a conversation without the attacks all of the time.
Trouble is when you do silly things  like the personal stuff it'll be read by other ppl who could help your cause then are put off by the immature response you give and wonder why they should help people like yourselves.
This all started all those years ago when the Trust first started and now surprise surprise its starting again all because my opinion is different to people about the Trust and will always be so its all down to you either you try and answer with out the personal stuff or by doing it youre undermining the work the others are doing on your side so to speak
The best bit is where you say you dont abuse fellow fans but because someone who didnt like my opinions did a hatchet job on me you joined in and out of approx 20posts on another thread by you 15 of them was aimed at me and the best thing you know sod all about me only what idiots put on here about me and they dont know me either and you think youre a credible canindate for anything to do with the Trust if I was you id think again mate.
Look at what you did the last time when I admitted about the Findus Bar and all that you did basically called me a liar and accused me of fabricating the story and then did that silly avatar which was another personal attack on me  and what was my crime is to be honest and upfront about it all to be honest knowing you anywhere near the Trust is laughable and doing what you do on here youve lost your credibility as well
Dont worry 2 of the mods on here and the exchairman of GTST was cuprable in joining in with the personal stuff as well on the same thread as you thinking it was a laugh in their small pea brain heads and TBH they should know better but it just proves how sad people can be to put their opinion across by using personal innuendoes about me and not know me either

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2011, 7:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
For the club to move forward, it's more important to get ex-fans back into BP than getting existing fans on to the Trust. The club needs results right now - for several reasons - but to get more revenue, the activities on the pitch are crucial, continued poor runs will just diminish revenue further and without that, there will be no survival.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.