This thread currently has 7,171 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
November 22, 2011, 7:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1

I respect you and the others for volunteering to take on what at times will be a thankless task. And I understand it's nearly a completely new Trust board and that there's a transitional phase and that it takes time to build credibility. But I don't think the proposed path is in the long-term interests of the club or the Trust.

What you seem to be saying is if John Fenty isn't voted back onto the board he will pull the plug on the financial commitment he made at the start of the season (having set a budget that isn't covered by the operating revenue of the club)?

If that's the case I don't think the Trust should go anywhere near a "yes" vote. This is such a contentious issue a vote either way ought not to be taken without canvassing the members. I know you've recently been elected but I don't recall any mention of a JF's candidature for the club board in any of the manifestos.

I thought all trust members had/would have been canvassed...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
Grim_Exile
November 22, 2011, 8:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0

I respect you and the others for volunteering to take on what at times will be a thankless task. And I understand it's nearly a completely new Trust board and that there's a transitional phase and that it takes time to build credibility. But I don't think the proposed path is in the long-term interests of the club or the Trust.

What you seem to be saying is if John Fenty isn't voted back onto the board he will pull the plug on the financial commitment he made at the start of the season (having set a budget that isn't covered by the operating revenue of the club)?

If that's the case I don't think the Trust should go anywhere near a "yes" vote. This is such a contentious issue a vote either way ought not to be taken without canvassing the members. I know you've recently been elected but I don't recall any mention of a JF's candidature for the club board in any of the manifestos.

TW - as you know, the GTFC agenda simply makes reference to election of directors.  The directors seeking re-election are not named.  GTST asked the club for confirmation of which directors were seeking election - we only found out it was definitely JF last week (which was after the GTST AGM agenda and candidate manifestos had been published).

There was some healthy discussion at the Trust AGM last week regarding this, and there was unanimous agreement in the room that supporting JFs re-election to the GTFC Board was in the best interest of the club at the current time.  Put it simply - is GTFC better with JF on the board or not, at this present time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
Informer the real one
November 22, 2011, 11:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Quoted from headingly_mariner

How is the the rest of the shares and then the Fenty Loans that hang over the club a few more quid?

I guess Fenty has said that he wouldn't expect the loans back unless they were affordable and Parke had 54% control. The only block of shares which had value.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
forza ivano
November 23, 2011, 11:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
aren't shares still available to buy?

those who have such issues with the trust could alwys buy shares from the club - they would be giving their money and support to the club, would have  a say and would be given info on the clubs finances etc.
with abit of luck they then wouldn't have to come on here bitching and bleating about what the trust does or doesn't do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
The Grim Reaper
November 23, 2011, 11:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Grim Exile, I refer to my previous question which has been ignored; why is there nothing on the OS regarding GTST announcments etc?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
Grim_Exile
November 23, 2011, 1:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Grim Exile, I refer to my previous question which has been ignored; why is there nothing on the OS regarding GTST announcments etc?

Hi There

GTST has a user account on the OS MB and posts updates on there at the same time as on here and the Grim Outlook.  See below links:

http://grimsby-town.com/showthread.php?7013-Questions-for-GTFC-AGM
http://grimsby-town.com/showthread.php?6961-GTST-AGM

Or are you referring to the main body of the OS?

Emma B
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
headingly_mariner
November 23, 2011, 6:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,404
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Grim_Exile

TW - as you know, the GTFC agenda simply makes reference to election of directors.  The directors seeking re-election are not named.  GTST asked the club for confirmation of which directors were seeking election - we only found out it was definitely JF last week (which was after the GTST AGM agenda and candidate manifestos had been published).

There was some healthy discussion at the Trust AGM last week regarding this, and there was unanimous agreement in the room that supporting JFs re-election to the GTFC Board was in the best interest of the club at the current time.  Put it simply - is GTFC better with JF on the board or not, at this present time?

But it is not a simple question is it?
It surely depends on the terms of Fenty's involvement with the club and the future of his loans. If the club is going to be run the same way as it has been since he has been major shareholder then voting him back onto the board is ridiculous. IMO the trust has fallen at the first hurdle and has voted for more of the same.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 23, 2011, 6:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from headingly_mariner

But it is not a simple question is it?
It surely depends on the terms of Fenty's involvement with the club and the future of his loans. If the club is going to be run the same way as it has been since he has been major shareholder then voting him back onto the board is ridiculous. IMO the trust has fallen at the first hurdle and has voted for more of the same.  

Just because the majority of the members who expressed an opinion differ from you doesnt make them wrong and you right (or vice versa).

You seem to have a strange lack of ability to understand democracy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
voice of reason
November 23, 2011, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Kris Mustampa

Just because the majority of the members who expressed an opinion differ from you doesnt make them wrong and you right (or vice versa).

You seem to have a strange lack of ability to understand democracy

"Unanimous agreement in the room" doesn't really translate to "the majority of members" does it...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
Kris Mustampa
November 23, 2011, 7:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Quoted from voice of reason

"Unanimous agreement in the room" doesn't really translate to "the majority of members" does it...???

The majority of members who expressed an opinion is what i posted (you just chose to cut some of the sentence out).

As i understand it members were invited to send their views via e-mail plus those who attended the agm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.