Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Alex Hunt Joins York

This thread currently has 31,251 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
February 22, 2024, 9:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Heisenberg

Is this a suggestion that he’s had a bust up with Artell at HT during the Stockport game? If so, we may be in real trouble….

I’d like to stipulate, we’ve been in trouble for weeks. And weeks.

I really hope he comes back, despite having an awful 45 minutes against Stockport.

I would have Hunt in the side every week as a 1-in-3 performer as it’s better than no hope at all. Now that plan is f#cked. To lose Thomson as well could possibly doom us.

This is really concerning me too, heard the rumour on here that Artell had a bust up with Thompson at half time, he doesn't feature in the squad the next week and Humberside don't raise it like might be expected. Not heard hide nor hair of him since.

IF, and it's a big IF, Artell has had a bust up with Thompson, who was surely our best replacement for conteh, and isn't going to play him any more, 3 weeks into a 1 and a half year contract and the midst of a relegation battle then I think we may be doomed.

Poojah recently wrote a list of all the hallmarks of a manager/team that have completely lost it and noted we met every single one with the exception of a disciplinary issue. IF the above is the case then that will be a complete clean sweep, Bingo, on the list. If we did then I think we could lay claim to the basket case status that clubs normally have to be in in order to be relegated from league 2. But it would be an exceptionally quick coming apart at the seams.

This Thompson thing has concerned me for a little while but I didn't want to say anything. It could be that Hunt going is just Artell not fancying a player who massively flatters to deceive. A player who can control the ball well and pick a pass but all too often hangs on to it for too long in a dangerous area and loses it, or misplaces a simple pass, or who chooses a pass that he can't quite make. A terrible decision maker in other words, and physically weak to add to that. In which case I would accept it, I'd have tried him further up the pitch away from our own goal rather than some of the shite we've been playing but I can understand if that's why he's got rid. BUT if it's due to Artell having had a disagreement behind the scenes with him and so wanting him out, and combined with the Thompson situation, when our position is so dire and our midfield choices so poor then it really does worry me. And I was already flipping worried.

I just hope my suspicions about the Thompson situation are completely unfounded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 245
Mappers
February 22, 2024, 9:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,460
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from toontown

This is really concerning me too, heard the rumour on here that Artell had a bust up with Thompson at half time, he doesn't feature in the squad the next week and Humberside don't raise it like might be expected. Not heard hide nor hair of him since.

IF, and it's a big IF, Artell has had a bust up with Thompson, who was surely our best replacement for conteh, and isn't going to play him any more, 3 weeks into a 1 and a half year contract and the midst of a relegation battle then I think we may be doomed.

Poojah recently wrote a list of all the hallmarks of a manager/team that have completely lost it and noted we met every single one with the exception of a disciplinary issue. IF the above is the case then that will be a complete clean sweep, Bingo, on the list. If we did then I think we could lay claim to the basket case status that clubs normally have to be in in order to be relegated from league 2. But it would be an exceptionally quick coming apart at the seams.

This Thompson thing has concerned me for a little while but I didn't want to say anything. It could be that Hunt going is just Artell not fancying a player who massively flatters to deceive. A player who can control the ball well and pick a pass but all too often hangs on to it for too long in a dangerous area and loses it, or misplaces a simple pass, or who chooses a pass that he can't quite make. A terrible decision maker in other words, and physically weak to add to that. In which case I would accept it, I'd have tried him further up the pitch away from our own goal rather than some of the shite we've been playing but I can understand if that's why he's got rid. BUT if it's due to Artell having had a disagreement behind the scenes with him and so wanting him out, and combined with the Thompson situation, when our position is so dire and our midfield choices so poor then it really does worry me. And I was already flipping worried.

I just hope my suspicions about the Thompson situation are completely unfounded.

I guess we will find out at 2pm on Saturday or after the game .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 245
Norseman
February 22, 2024, 11:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Didn't look to be any issues with Thompson when they were training on Bradley today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 245
RonMariner
February 22, 2024, 11:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Norseman
Didn't look to be any issues with Thompson when they were training on Bradley today

Good. We certainly need him to perform. Maybe him and Holohan to start?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 245
Heisenberg
February 22, 2024, 11:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from RonMariner

Good. We certainly need him to perform. Maybe him and Holohan to start?

After last saturday, khouri’s loan, and hunt’s subsequent departure, do we have any other option?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 245
golfer
February 23, 2024, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
With all the ex Town players York will soon be a better team than us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 245
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2024, 10:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from golfer
With all the ex Town players York will soon be a better team than us.

Providing they stay up I'd expect Gav to go there next season TBH.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 245
Son of Cod
February 23, 2024, 10:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Providing they stay up I'd expect Gav to go there next season TBH.

Could also see Gav going back to Hartlepool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 245
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 23, 2024, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
Is it also concerning that Morecambe have added a striker to their ranks (Jordy Hiwula) when we seem so apparently threadbare in that department?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 245
Limerick Mariner
February 23, 2024, 2:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,741
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Son of Cod

Could also see Gav going back to Hartlepool.

Lives in Hull doesn’t he - if York stay up that will be a convenient option? They will pay as well or better than Pools I would have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 245
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.