Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Alex Hunt Joins York

This thread currently has 30,897 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
March 15, 2024, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,943
Gold Stars: 228
Some great post on here, some odd ones where posters who have never been anywhere near kicking a ball professionally writing off a young kid trying his best to make his way.

Mappers called it right, wrong loan at the wrong time for Alex Hunt

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 245
Maringer
March 15, 2024, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,517
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Some great post on here, some odd ones where posters who have never been anywhere near kicking a ball professionally writing off a young kid trying his best to make his way.

Young kid? He's 24 in a couple of months!

I'd love him to succeed, especially as we paid a fee and he's got another year on his deal, but other than a brief spell in the National League where he did well, he has shown very little in most of the games I've seen him play since his return.

Perhaps he can turn the corner, but he's not a young kid any longer. Glennon is six months older than Hunt. Tharme is a little over 1 year older than him. Nobody would call either of them a young kid.

I'd personally be surprised if Hunt is starting games after the summer, unless something changes. On the assumption that we survive this season and Artell rebuilds in the summer with a view to playing a more expansive game, he might be given another chance, but he's running out of time to prove himself.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 245
toontown
March 15, 2024, 1:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Maringer

Young kid? He's 24 in a couple of months!

I'd love him to succeed, especially as we paid a fee and he's got another year on his deal, but other than a brief spell in the National League where he did well, he has shown very little in most of the games I've seen him play since his return.

Perhaps he can turn the corner, but he's not a young kid any longer. Glennon is six months older than Hunt. Tharme is a little over 1 year older than him. Nobody would call either of them a young kid.

I'd personally be surprised if Hunt is starting games after the summer, unless something changes. On the assumption that we survive this season and Artell rebuilds in the summer with a view to playing a more expansive game, he might be given another chance, but he's running out of time to prove himself.

He'll surely be given a chance in pre season to earn a squad place. I personally doubt he will see out his contract with us though.

I think we all thought this season was pivotal for him and it's not happened for him, so I think the odds are now strongly against it working out here.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 245
Brummie Codfather
March 15, 2024, 2:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Mappers called it right, wrong loan at the wrong time for Alex Hunt

I get that you want to support Alex Hunt, who’s our player and respect that.  The “Graham Souness” argument of if you’re not a professional so you don’t get to have an opinion really grinds my gears.

We’ve all seen him play and can come to our own opinions, I wouldn’t boo him at a game or anything but I reserve the right to cringe if I see him starting in midfield for us due to how often he gives the ball away in dangerous situations - as he’s done at York.  Ideally he’ll get another chance there and take it but the evidence suggests that’s not likely.

But again as never being a pro my opinion is worth intercourse all so feel free to not read this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 245
Mappers
March 15, 2024, 2:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
I always wanted to see Khouri, Conteh and Hunt as a combination and for obvious reasons it never did/will happen but I felt it could have been an exciting trio in midfield in terms of technical capability and balance .

Whether Hunt's race is run here , time will tell - Artell seems a straight shooter so assuming he reverts to a more passing based game next time out and with what he's said ,  Hunt  might well get one last chance in pre-season to impress . I fear for him having a career at all in the game if it doesn't work out as the lower you get the more physical and less footballing it is in general .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 245
1mickylyons
March 15, 2024, 2:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
A player with ability and potential but at 24 we've not seen enough of either.Hes a player on form you'd build a side around and carry via two yard dogs.Sadly he has never warranted such backing Hopefully he is told last chance saloon ups his game and gets us all off our seats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 245
HertsGTFC
March 15, 2024, 7:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,943
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Brummie Codfather

I get that you want to support Alex Hunt, who’s our player and respect that.  The “Graham Souness” argument of if you’re not a professional so you don’t get to have an opinion really grinds my gears.

We’ve all seen him play and can come to our own opinions, I wouldn’t boo him at a game or anything but I reserve the right to cringe if I see him starting in midfield for us due to how often he gives the ball away in dangerous situations - as he’s done at York.  Ideally he’ll get another chance there and take it but the evidence suggests that’s not likely.

But again as never being a pro my opinion is worth intercourse all so feel free to not read this

Illustrate to me where I said you couldn't have an opinion?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 245
Heisenberg
March 15, 2024, 7:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,065
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Mappers
I always wanted to see Khouri, Conteh and Hunt as a combination and for obvious reasons it never did/will happen but I felt it could have been an exciting trio in midfield in terms of technical capability and balance .

Whether Hunt's race is run here , time will tell - Artell seems a straight shooter so assuming he reverts to a more passing based game next time out and with what he's said ,  Hunt  might well get one last chance in pre-season to impress . I fear for him having a career at all in the game if it doesn't work out as the lower you get the more physical and less footballing it is in general .

I haven’t seen Khouri play in so long now, but I hope he gets fit as I feel he has a bright future here.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 245
Brummie Codfather
March 15, 2024, 10:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Illustrate to me where I said you couldn't have an opinion?

Mate it’s the whole tone of your argument but let’s leave it as this is a place for opinions - not a forum for ex pros
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 245
Freemoash88
March 16, 2024, 7:40am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
I think Hunt has potential but trying to get a tune out of him is a different matter. I've heard he looks quality in training but as soon as he gets infront of a crowd it's like he loses confidence and becomes half a player Unfortunately if DA doesn't give him another chance after his loan I can see the lad literally disappearing down the football pyramid.

Nothing coming out of York is positive neither
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 245
25 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.