Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Alex Hunt Joins York

This thread currently has 30,944 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
February 22, 2024, 2:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,434
Gold Stars: 536
I've said similar on twitter but he doesnt start Gav on Saturday I'm gonna lose my mind. he cannot, just cannot start with that central midfield 3 of last week
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 245
Simon
February 22, 2024, 2:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from GrimRob
He must hate Hurst and wants to get rid of everyone Hurst ever signed. Every day DA remains at the club more damage is done.

He's the only manager i can remember other than Brian Clough at Leeds that openly disrespects the previous manager and his tactics, shocking  

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 245
HertsGTFC
February 22, 2024, 3:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
It’s lucky we’ve got the likes of Jamie Andrews (removed tongue from cheek).

We’re in a relegation battle, the manager says we have to football our way out of it and he ships out a really good footballer.

Artell is a proper sausage.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 245
The Dogs Testicles
February 22, 2024, 3:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Approval: -123
Gold Stars: 12
DA needs to go - he’s being allowed to destroy this Club piece by piece!!!

I mean looking at the three in the Middle on Saturday we’ve got nothing to worry about, right??!!

Lost for words!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 245
Chrisblor
February 22, 2024, 3:15pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,874
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Hagrid
I've said similar on twitter but he doesnt start Gav on Saturday I'm gonna lose my mind. he cannot, just cannot start with that central midfield 3 of last week

Holohan is absolutely junk off the ball, lazy and doesn't track back consistently except in occasional bursts after he's trotted around doing very little.

This decision to ship Hunt out is absolutely dreadful. It's a low bar but since Artell has come in he's been the best performing central midfielder still at the club. Look at the run of games since Hurst got sacked:

Aside from the Salford game when he was injured Hunt featured in nearly all of our better results (the Mansfield and Walsall games we lost he only came on as a late sub with the game already lost). It's obvious, both statistically and to anyone with eyes that we were a better team with Hunt in midfield. Why the intercourse would we freeze him out and ship him off to York when we're persisting with a central midfield full of dreadful shite that's consistently conceding goals for fun?! The club is copulated and we'll be in non-league next season.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 245
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 22, 2024, 3:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
A decision that’s about finished me off for this season and, if we go down, for the foreseeable future. Over the years we have had some poor midfield players but the current collection is the worst in my 60+ years of going to BP.

Appreciate Hunt was everyone’s idea of a decent player but I rated him and thought if he could play further forward he could be creative and help get us some points. At least he could actually control the bloody ball, something beyond Green and Clifton, so I see little point in attending any further games as there is nobody, other than Rose, worth watching.

Really hope we stay up but given how the club is going that seems a forlorn hope. Respect to those of you who continue to attend matches and give support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 245
Hagrid
February 22, 2024, 3:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,434
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Chrisblor

Holohan is absolutely junk off the ball, lazy and doesn't track back consistently except in occasional bursts after he's trotted around doing very little.

This decision to ship Hunt out is absolutely dreadful. It's a low bar but since Artell has come in he's been the best performing central midfielder still at the club. Look at the run of games since Hurst got sacked:

Aside from the Salford game when he was injured Hunt featured in nearly all of our better results (the Mansfield and Walsall games we lost he only came on as a late sub with the game already lost). It's obvious, both statistically and to anyone with eyes that we were a better team with Hunt in midfield. Why the intercourse would we freeze him out and ship him off to York when we're persisting with a central midfield full of dreadful shite that's consistently conceding goals for fun?! The club is copulated and we'll be in non-league next season.

Well we've got midfielders who supposedly do that, Also think thats very harsh.

6 games won this season, gav Started 5 of them... says a lot. He scores, he assists, he's the best midfielder at the club

Hunts been shipped out as clearly theres stuff behind the scenes, There has to be
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 245
pen penfras
February 22, 2024, 3:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not sure anyone can argue your point and the last paragraph especially you need all available options. I wonder if we're skint?

If what I was told is true, we could be in trouble soon and relegation would be a disaster. I don't really find it likely, because they did take over the club for the right reasons, but the goings on since December do look very much in the we're screwed mould.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 245
Chrisblor
February 22, 2024, 3:26pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,874
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Hagrid

Well we've got midfielders who supposedly do that, Also think thats very harsh.

6 games won this season, gav Started 5 of them... says a lot. He scores, he assists, he's the best midfielder at the club

Hunts been shipped out as clearly theres stuff behind the scenes, There has to be

Oh don't get me wrong, Holohan's still by far the best remaining box to box central midfield option and I really think if we'd just played him with Thompson and Hunt for the rest of the season we'd see results improve, but this decision to jettison Hunt has ruined any chance of that. I don't want to see Clifton, Green or Andrews starting again in central midfield this season but now it looks like an inevitability that they will.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 245
Abdul19
February 22, 2024, 3:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,563
Gold Stars: 216
Absolute joke of a decision.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 245
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.