Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Alex Hunt Joins York

This thread currently has 30,911 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
HatTrickHero
March 16, 2024, 7:55am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +780
Gold Stars: 25
It's a poor choice of club to loan him to for me. Not the first time either, Darren Moore recalled him back to Wednesday from us, did little with him then he ended up at a very weak relegation -bound Oldham. His game is all about finding that little bit of space and building attacks, can't see how that will work in a pretty awful and confidence shot York side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 245
GrimPol
March 16, 2024, 7:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Brummie Codfather

I get that you want to support Alex Hunt, who’s our player and respect that.  The “Graham Souness” argument of if you’re not a professional so you don’t get to have an opinion really grinds my gears.

We’ve all seen him play and can come to our own opinions, I wouldn’t boo him at a game or anything but I reserve the right to cringe if I see him starting in midfield for us due to how often he gives the ball away in dangerous situations - as he’s done at York.  Ideally he’ll get another chance there and take it but the evidence suggests that’s not likely.

But again as never being a pro my opinion is worth intercourse all so feel free to not read this

It's probably the saddest part of football most of us don't want to dwell on, and its that 0.012 % of academy youngsters make it to pro. (according to Michael Calvin, author of the book "No Hunger in Paradise: The Players. The Journey. The Dream,")
Alex might be just hanging in as he travels down the scale, I mean Town are in 4th tier so the bottom is not that far below us. Shame but there it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 245
Wizwag
March 23, 2024, 10:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +48
York fan here.

Hunt made a slow start to his loan but has been improving each game. Has that bit of quality. Maybe needs to impose himself that bit more, but promising signs.

Danny Amos has been playing. Looks ok but nowt special. He's our only natural LB. Good enough but only just.

The Shop is still plodding on. He seems to have lost all ability to control the ball but is still a useful late sub as a battering ram.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 245
Norseman
March 23, 2024, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Wizwag
York fan here.

Hunt made a slow start to his loan but has been improving each game. Has that bit of quality. Maybe needs to impose himself that bit more, but promising signs.

Danny Amos has been playing. Looks ok but nowt special. He's our only natural LB. Good enough but only just.

The Shop is still plodding on. He seems to have lost all ability to control the ball but is still a useful late sub as a battering ram.

He never had the ability to control a ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 245
Wizwag
March 23, 2024, 11:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +48
Quoted from Norseman

He never had the ability to control a ball

He's taken it to new levels now though. A few weeks back he started a game, had about a dozen touches all of which lost the ball, sometimes in comical fashion. Was wheeled off early. Still has the knack of scrambling one in from close range as a sub though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 245
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2024, 7:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
State of this thread 🙄

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 245
MuddyWaters
March 24, 2024, 9:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Wizwag

He's taken it to new levels now though. A few weeks back he started a game, had about a dozen touches all of which lost the ball, sometimes in comical fashion. Was wheeled off early. Still has the knack of scrambling one in from close range as a sub though.

When Lenny first came to us, a Bury supporting friend told me that his second touch was always a sliding tackle because his first touch was shite. Nothing's changed but fair play to him, he's made career from it.
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 245
Nelly GTFC
March 24, 2024, 2:54pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Wizwag
Just seen the result, huge win that, in a way surprised Neal Ardley got sacked, would have thought he would turn it around.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 245
Barrattstander
March 30, 2024, 3:25pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 14
Tweet 1773806807648989474 will appear here...

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 245
Ashby mariner
March 30, 2024, 6:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
I'm glad you look like you will stay up. We maybe playing you next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 245
25 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.