Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Alex Hunt Joins York

This thread currently has 31,256 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
February 22, 2024, 8:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,275
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from pen penfras

If what I was told is true, we could be in trouble soon and relegation would be a disaster. I don't really find it likely, because they did take over the club for the right reasons, but the goings on since December do look very much in the we're screwed mould.

Poor form to excrement stir like that. Either have conviction in what you say and put it out there or say nothing at all.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 245
arryarryarry
February 22, 2024, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from diehardmariner

If he can't, on ability, break into this midfield then he shouldn't be a professional footballer!

There are a few who have got into the team that shouldn't be professional footballers, why else are we languishing near the bottom of the EFL?
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 245
HertsGTFC
February 22, 2024, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
He’ll not be back. This is all about getting him in the shop window a bit so we can sell him on with a year left on his deal.

Tweet 1760659172238995577 will appear here...

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 245
RonMariner
February 22, 2024, 8:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,815
Gold Stars: 226
With him gone and Khouri injured we are really short of options in midfield.

Maybe they are lining up an out of contract signing?

I hope so because if the Hunt loan is just about saving money then we really are teetering on the brink.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 245
Maringer
February 22, 2024, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Is Ainley likely to be back soon, I wonder? We know he had his illness but I seem to think the indications were that he might be back sooner than you would expect. Fitness would obviously be an issue but getting his experience back in the team for a couple of months could be helpful.

Possibly just a baseless guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 245
Roast Em Bobby
February 22, 2024, 9:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
No major loss in my opinion, talented footballer but totally incapable of impacting a game unless the other team stand off and let you play. We need grafters/battlers in the situation we are in, not lightweights who get overrun but make the occasional nice pass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 245
HertsGTFC
February 22, 2024, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Maringer
Is Ainley likely to be back soon, I wonder? We know he had his illness but I seem to think the indications were that he might be back sooner than you would expect. Fitness would obviously be an issue but getting his experience back in the team for a couple of months could be helpful.

Possibly just a baseless guess.

Shaun said he’s back but still has a bit of chemo to finish. Good luck to the lad some things are more important than football.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 245
Mappers
February 22, 2024, 9:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,464
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
No major loss in my opinion, talented footballer but totally incapable of impacting a game unless the other team stand off and let you play. We need grafters/battlers in the situation we are in, not lightweights who get overrun but make the occasional nice pass.

Don't disagree but sort of suprised

I loved his performance at MK Dons it was superb tbf .

But he failed to deliver consistently and gave the ball away in dangerous areas regularly when he did play .

The way Artell talked about him in his first few weeks , he seemed like he wanted to work with him badly - his type of player . He has binned him off after saying he will 'work with him to get better ' and then has signed Thompson who when asked  if he can adapt  his style of play he grunted something like 'yeah we will work on that ' he ain't changing a 30+ year old seasoned pro , and coach him into something like a 19 year old at Crewe. He seemingly is already injured or out of favour - the whole thing is a car crash.

He's effectively lost the 2 CM players who could potentially play 'his way ' Hunt , Conteh (I know he couldn't likely do anything about that ) . Artell seems a contradiction character to me . I'm still seething about last Saturday tbh , it's normally worn off by now .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 245
February 22, 2024, 9:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Poor form to excrement stir like that. Either have conviction in what you say and put it out there or say nothing at all.

There’s been a lot of it about…
Reply: 88 - 245
AndyGTFC
February 22, 2024, 9:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
There's clearly an issue with him. Still, I'll categorically say right now that I'll be surprised if we stay up if we have to play a midfield of Green, Clifton and Andrews for the rest of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 245
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.