Theimperialcoroner
April 13, 2024, 11:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,246
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from TAGG

Berrett, had to look him up.
Played 51 games for Town and I can't remember the bloke, was he that bad or is it my age.

Bang average. A shirt filler.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 245
toontown
April 13, 2024, 11:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Like playing with 10 men, backwards or sideways with every pass, awful awful player
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 245
RichMariner
April 14, 2024, 12:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,146
Gold Stars: 209
I don't think Hunt understood his role in the team when Artell arrived.

Those first few games he was probably playing his natural game in the centre of midfield with little instruction and a bit of freedom.

Then, as Artell began imposing his style, Hunt became a bit more of a passenger.

That style, in theory, should've suited Hunt, but following that win at Salford I saw a Town team full of players looking rather bemused by what they should be doing.

Clearly, after the Doncaster defeat, Artell changed things up and made us a bit more robust, which was a style that definitely wouldn't suit a player like Hunt, and so it made sense, I suppose, to let him find game time elsewhere.

If everything works out perfectly, Hunt returns in the summer having gained confidence and hits the ground running in pre-season, effectively feeling like a new signing.

Following today's win at Crewe, which makes it just three defeats in 12, it suggests the players are becoming a little clearer with the system they're expected to play.

If Hunt is still wanted and learns to play in that system, he could yet prove to be a decent asset for us next season.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 232 - 245
forza ivano
April 14, 2024, 12:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,262
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He was excellent at MK and Oxford and then at home to Crewe. Arguably the best player across Artell’s first three games so I don’t know how you work that out. Indeed, I was talking to a Town player in the last week who described Hunt as technically fantastic. There’s clearly something else wrong but I don’t think he should be described as mediocre.

I hear that, but then I remember Nathan Jones saying that wayne/jason????? was the best technical player in the Luton squad. Joined us, totally ineffectual and ended up at somewhere like Gateshead. He was so anonymous I can't even remember his name!

ps muddy can I have a pm as well please??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 245
MuddyWaters
April 14, 2024, 7:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano

I hear that, but then I remember Nathan Jones saying that wayne/jason????? was the best technical player in the Luton squad. Joined us, totally ineffectual and ended up at somewhere like Gateshead. He was so anonymous I can't even remember his name!

ps muddy can I have a pm as well please??

Yup!
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 245
HatTrickHero
April 14, 2024, 7:43am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Hunt was deployed to York to get match sharpness and come back, hopefully a better player and stake a claim for a shirt. He's done that. This board is awfully cynical, some posters seemed to be happy when his early games were not great and he was subbed, a lot of 'tood you so' claims. Now he's getting glowing reviews it's 'right, sell him then'.

He's knuckled down, earnt praise and shown how he can be the player that Artell thinks he is.
The Town team he featured in was based around a slow, switched off midfield. He'd have had a field day v Crewe.
Unfair to demand consistency from Hunt when the whole team should be delivering just that,  as they did yesterday against Crewe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 245
toontown
April 14, 2024, 8:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from toontown
Like playing with 10 men, backwards or sideways with every pass, awful awful player

Just to be clear, I was talking about James Berrett, not Hunt!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 245
Posh Harry
April 14, 2024, 8:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from TAGG

Berrett, had to look him up.
Played 51 games for Town and I can't remember the bloke, was he that bad or is it my age.

Both
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 245
MuddyWaters
April 14, 2024, 8:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HatTrickHero
Hunt was deployed to York to get match sharpness and come back, hopefully a better player and stake a claim for a shirt. He's done that. This board is awfully cynical, some posters seemed to be happy when his early games were not great and he was subbed, a lot of 'tood you so' claims. Now he's getting glowing reviews it's 'right, sell him then'.

He's knuckled down, earnt praise and shown how he can be the player that Artell thinks he is.
The Town team he featured in was based around a slow, switched off midfield. He'd have had a field day v Crewe.
Unfair to demand consistency from Hunt when the whole team should be delivering just that,  as they did yesterday against Crewe.

To be fair, he did have a field day against Crewe at home. Best we’ve played at home all season.

Interestingly, as York’s season finishes next Saturday, he will be available for our last game!
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 245
StacyColdicotts_hairline
April 14, 2024, 10:41am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
Hunt is definitely returning to the club it has been stated by Artell and by various individuals at the club several times.

A player as talented as hunt deserves another crack at the whip.

Seem to be quite a few players out at York. Does the club have a deal with York/close ties with them ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 245
25 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.