December 27, 2023, 9:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Bigdog

Well written.. but absolute guff..

Appreciate the constructive criticism 😂 Seriously though, after reading a few of the more recent posts, don’t understand why some posters get seriously offended and/or aggressive when someone shares an opinion they may disagree with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 138
MaccasBoots
December 27, 2023, 9:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +677
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GibMariner

Cant believe there is no money to bring a few in, where has it gone FFS, Owners have deeper pockets than Fenty by miles and even he never came out with this one out one in crap.

This one has already been explained I think - after the summer, they realised that telling everyone and their dog that we've got tons of cash to spend means clubs and agents jack up fees massively. I understand the reason we're not doing that for Jan is to avoid the same thing happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 138
Bigdog
December 27, 2023, 9:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from heppy88

Appreciate the constructive criticism 😂 Seriously though, after reading a few of the more recent posts, don’t understand why some posters get seriously offended and/or aggressive when someone shares an opinion they may disagree with.

I'm getting to the point where I think a certain section of our fanbase don't even deserve a football club to support. They've forgotten how to.. I'm ashamed to be a Town fan sometimes. We have some amazing fans that deserve more than we are, yet those that travel the length and breadth of the country are generally constructive in their criticism. Your previous post was ill-conceived, built upon supposition, clutching at straws and your meanness in spirit.

We've gone through twenty years of hell and the constant negativity was deserved then. We need to settle down and break that mould. Still think some are in Fenty hangover moaning mode ..

If you're not going to post anything nice about a player or the manager, just try stopping for a while, maybe a good while. See how things play out. You may even feel all the better for it..

Not just you Heppy, that goes for some of the other miserable c**nts on here too..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 138
Yoda
December 27, 2023, 9:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Petit said on the fans forum that we have to ship players out before we can bring in new signings.
With our players on long contracts this will be hard to do, also JS keeps commenting about his kids inheritance so it’s obvious he isn’t going to be putting any money in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 138
forza ivano
December 27, 2023, 10:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Yoda
I think Artell is a decent manager i don’t think he appreciated how bad our squad is and how little money he has to change it.

You don't know that Yoda. I'm pretty sure you can give A.P.'s remark about 1 in, 1 out was talking to the agents, rather than the audience. (given that they have admitted to making a mistake by advertising the fact to agents that P.H. would have the FA Cup money to spend)

They will certainly be determined not to follow Fenty's history in taking us down, n they have the resources to do it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 138
Yoda
December 27, 2023, 10:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
I sincerely hope JS has stashed some fa cup money down the back of the sofa.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 138
paulgtfc
December 27, 2023, 10:53pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Some straight talk…

I love the Fishy concept and the number of posts it gets, considering we aren’t a “big club”.  I take my hat off to Rob S for running the forum  

BUT there is too much cr*p spouted on here via glass half full fans.  Give me the reasoned punditry on View from the Findus or even Facebook groups.

As an exile I value the views of match going fans but can’t abide the cr*p I read on here from fans that saw Morecambe h / MK Dons a / Crewe h and still slag off our new manager. If you saw none of those games then talk to someone who did.

I don’t post much so my views are probably worthless. Red cross if u like but get a perspective on Town. We flirt with relegation, we are mid table at best so do bear that in mind.

Over n out, happy new year to you all. We are Town UTFMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 138
The_Laughing_Mariner
December 27, 2023, 11:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Everybody's view is valid.  Just because you don't post often doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 138
MuddyWaters
December 27, 2023, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from paulgtfc
Some straight talk…

I love the Fishy concept and the number of posts it gets, considering we aren’t a “big club”.  I take my hat off to Rob S for running the forum  

BUT there is too much cr*p spouted on here via glass half full fans.  Give me the reasoned punditry on View from the Findus or even Facebook groups.

As an exile I value the views of match going fans but can’t abide the cr*p I read on here from fans that saw Morecambe h / MK Dons a / Crewe h and still slag off our new manager. If you saw none of those games then talk to someone who did.

I don’t post much so my views are probably worthless. Red cross if u like but get a perspective on Town. We flirt with relegation, we are mid table at best so do bear that in mind.

Over n out, happy new year to you all. We are Town UTFMM

Quite right.

We’ve gone from play off contenders after Crewe to being a basket case via a couple of dodgy results against in form teams.

Get a grip some of you and put things in perspective. DA is trying to get a tune out of a set of pretty average players.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 138
arryarryarry
December 28, 2023, 12:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm getting to the point where I think a certain section of our fanbase don't even deserve a football club to support. They've forgotten how to.. I'm ashamed to be a Town fan sometimes. We have some amazing fans that deserve more than we are, yet those that travel the length and breadth of the country are generally constructive in their criticism. Your previous post was ill-conceived, built upon supposition, clutching at straws and your meanness in spirit.

We've gone through twenty years of hell and the constant negativity was deserved then. We need to settle down and break that mould. Still think some are in Fenty hangover moaning mode ..

If you're not going to post anything nice about a player or the manager, just try stopping for a while, maybe a good while. See how things play out. You may even feel all the better for it..

Not just you Heppy, that goes for some of the other miserable c**nts on here too..

FFS get a frigging grip. This forum is no different to most, you get those who lick the bottom of the manager and those that blame him for all the ills in the world.

You get those that think Efete is a great defender and those who wouldn't have him in their Sunday league team

It's all about opinions, if you don't like that and want a lovey dovey forum set your own up.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell’s interviews

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.