MuddyWaters
December 27, 2023, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you are guaranteeing that this so called long term plan will succeed.

There’s no guarantee that pragmatic would work either. Like there was no guarantee that our excellent summer recruitment would work.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 138
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2023, 5:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from davmariner

This is why I argued that we should have pushed the boat out to get the Cowley brothers. I don’t doubt there’s probably a decent coach in Artell, but I can see us dropping a lot of points through not being pragmatic in our play.

There is no way on earth the Messiah would’ve even considered Cleethorpes, and tarnish his legacy at the Shire’s Premier club.

He’s happily settled on the South Coast with his daughter playing for the Chelsea girls team, and was never on your radar.

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 138
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 27, 2023, 5:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Bigdog
Kept off here yesterday. Lose two games and nobody is off limits for criticism for some. The panic is just ridiculous and the criticism at this stage is unjustified. It's two games, the manager has been here five minutes with someone else's players who shot their fragile confidence to bits. Settle down, stop being snowflakes and see the season out. We'll win around ten games and finish mid to lower table. Not the season we wished for, but that's what we'll get. After that, probably another season of building before threatening the top seven the season after, anything better will be a bonus, especially after Hurst has spunked the cup money already. The players have been and will be better than they've been for 90 minutes out of the last two games, I have faith in Artell to do that, and he'll probably need four windows to get us looking like a promotion side. It's going to take patience and your support to get there. Throwing every toy out of your pram after every single defeat isn't going to help the process. Time to stand up, support the players and manager through thick and thin, and be men for a while..

The Fishy reflects the home crowd at BP no patience, little or no support if the team is behind and individual players subjected to personal abuse. When we played pragmatic football we wanted passing, attacking football and play that way, lose and no we need a pragmatic approach.

In reality it just reflects that most football fans couldn’t give a crapper how we play as long as we win.

The board have appointed the Manager with agreement on the type of football we plan to try and deliver firmly agreed and to be fair not many were complaining after the MK Dons and Crewe performances. Clearly the team have been unable to maintain these standards but despite not playing well we would have won had we taken the chances created late in the game. Even against Harrogate we had a couple of scrambles in their box first half which could have resulted in a goal, Rose headed over from six yards immediately after half time and Holohan did an awful pass in injury time when players were in a great position to get an equaliser. First half yesterday wasn’t our best performance but Artell was correct in stating we created four very good chances/opportunities with none taken.

Had chances been taken no doubt Artell would be the second coming but we didn’t so now the problem is the quality of his after match interview, same criticism as aimed at PH, Bignot , Holloway’s ramblings, all so predictable really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 138
Hagrid
December 27, 2023, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from NorfolkImp

There is no way on earth the Messiah would’ve even considered Cleethorpes, and tarnish his legacy at the Shire’s Premier club.

He’s happily settled on the South Coast with his daughter playing for the Chelsea girls team, and was never on your radar.

The Messiah? Pep? Or are you supporting Lincoln this week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 138
Boonsy
December 27, 2023, 5:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pontoonlew

The worst thing about this post, aside from the fact it’s absolute gibberish, is that 5 people agree with you enough to give you a tick.

Having been a supporter since the 70’s and charged along motorways to more than a seasons worth of away game I would have hoped at the least a modicum of decency be cast on comments that some agree with alongside some that do not.  Don’t suggest gibberish without a focused spin of the positive.  I have seen the mariners hit the heights and the lows and supported the game no matter what.. I accept being wrong, but I do not accept someone finding fault with my willingness to offer an Opinion.

I like Artell, I also liked Buckley and mcmenemy, but all had and have faults. I maybe early in Artells rein to comment the way I did, but that doesn’t mean I can’t... hurst could never have done wrong following promotion and the odd one still commented on the cracks, now, hurst is the devil incarnate...

I wish DA well, of course I do, I adore my club not necessarily the team but my love of my club is not in question. I want my club along with a strong team that play for my beloved club to thrive. Don’t kid yourself to think that players and more so managers/coaches have the same loyalty as me! They don’t it’s a job... my club, my beloved GTFC will thrive, I just don’t think it will be with Artell..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 138
ginnywings
December 27, 2023, 6:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I must admit that I had a bit of a dislike for Artell before he was even mooted as our next manager. On the few occasions I had seen him when he was manager of Crewe, I thought he came across as a bit arrogant at times.

He's our manager now, and I will support him as I do every other manager, but he is giving me Holloway vibes so far.

One other slight concern is his lack of experience in management, and even then, there was some whiff of him falling out with people there before he left.

Maybe it's just the radical change he has implemented so quickly, and it being part exciting and part scary to see. I think I would feel more relaxed if we weren't down the bottom end of the table, because we have seen too often, successive managers get it wrong and not having the time or the leeway to get out of the sh1te quickly enough.

I'm not in panic mode or anything like that because there are plenty of games and a transfer window on the horizon, and we have seen some very good performances along with the bad ones, but I get why some people are a bit twitchy given our history in the last couple of decades especially.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 138
LocalLadGTFC
December 27, 2023, 6:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,321
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you are guaranteeing that this so called long term plan will succeed.

Not what I said, but like everything in life there’s risks involved, however regardless of what happens we’ll be 6 months further ahead in the plan. Rather than having to start again in the summer learning a system.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 138
Yoda
December 27, 2023, 6:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I’m pleased we didn’t get the Crowley school teachers one good season at Lincoln did nothing at Huddersfield and Portsmouth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 138
Mappers
December 27, 2023, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,449
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

The Fishy reflects the home crowd at BP no patience, little or no support if the team is behind and individual players subjected to personal abuse. When we played pragmatic football we wanted passing, attacking football and play that way, lose and no we need a pragmatic approach.

In reality it just reflects that most football fans couldn’t give a crapper how we play as long as we win.

The board have appointed the Manager with agreement on the type of football we plan to try and deliver firmly agreed and to be fair not many were complaining after the MK Dons and Crewe performances. Clearly the team have been unable to maintain these standards but despite not playing well we would have won had we taken the chances created late in the game. Even against Harrogate we had a couple of scrambles in their box first half which could have resulted in a goal, Rose headed over from six yards immediately after half time and Holohan did an awful pass in injury time when players were in a great position to get an equaliser. First half yesterday wasn’t our best performance but Artell was correct in stating we created four very good chances/opportunities with none taken.

Had chances been taken no doubt Artell would be the second coming but we didn’t so now the problem is the quality of his after match interview, same criticism as aimed at PH, Bignot , Holloway’s ramblings, all so predictable really.

If chances had been taken we would have lost 11-4 . I am far from a regular moaner but there is no way surely anyone found that second half acceptable from an effort and application point of view - I agree with you in general , but that was far far from just being beaten by the better team . It's down to them to prove to us it was a one off 45 minutes like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 138
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2023, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from NorfolkImp

As we’re looking to play possession based football with the ball on the ground I suspect we didn’t even look at them.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell’s interviews

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.