heppy88
December 27, 2023, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Mappers

If chances had been taken we would have lost 11-4 . I am far from a regular moaner but there is no way surely anyone found that second half acceptable from an effort and application point of view - I agree with you in general , but that was far far from just being beaten by the better team . It's down to them to prove to us it was a one off 45 minutes like that.

Let's face it Mappers, the team have already shown it wasn't a one off. Plenty of games this season where players have demonstrated a lack of motivation, effort, fight. There was a conversation mid game at Mansfield, about the body language of some of the players. Nothing against Efete and think in the past he was subject to unfair criticism, but he just looked like he couldn't be arsed and didn't want to be there. I don't get the impression of a "team", but instead individual players, some dis interested, some suffering from imposter syndrome and a few angry and plain drunk off. If you could transplant confidence, most would need one ASAP.

Something has been awry since the beginning of the season. But more recently two incidents, one involving Glennon's frustration with a section of the lower and Artells sarcasm during a Youtube pre or post match interview suggests ill feeling is spilling over to un professionalism. Jolley, Bignot and Slade (Mk2) all left shortly after un professional behaviour, brought around in part due to character (or lack of) and because of frustration. I'm shocked that its only taken a few short weeks for Artell to be sarcastic during a pretty benign interview. So i'm going to stick my head on the blocks here, but because of a strong gut feeling, I believe Artell won't be here by the end of the season. I genuinely hope this won't be the case and that I'm proven wrong. But like a few managers prior, after the dust has settled, this appointment just doesn't "feel" right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 138
Yoda
December 27, 2023, 8:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I have thought the same i think Artell can see we have a terrible squad and no money from the owners in January unless we can ship players out which is an impossible task.
I find his post match interviews have hint of David Brent about them something is not right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 138
lew chaterleys lover
December 27, 2023, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from heppy88

Let's face it Mappers, the team have already shown it wasn't a one off. Plenty of games this season where players have demonstrated a lack of motivation, effort, fight. There was a conversation mid game at Mansfield, about the body language of some of the players. Nothing against Efete and think in the past he was subject to unfair criticism, but he just looked like he couldn't be arsed and didn't want to be there. I don't get the impression of a "team", but instead individual players, some dis interested, some suffering from imposter syndrome and a few angry and plain drunk off. If you could transplant confidence, most would need one ASAP.

Something has been awry since the beginning of the season. But more recently two incidents, one involving Glennon's frustration with a section of the lower and Artells sarcasm during a Youtube pre or post match interview suggests ill feeling is spilling over to un professionalism. Jolley, Bignot and Slade (Mk2) all left shortly after un professional behaviour, brought around in part due to character (or lack of) and because of frustration. I'm shocked that its only taken a few short weeks for Artell to be sarcastic during a pretty benign interview. So i'm going to stick my head on the blocks here, but because of a strong gut feeling, I believe Artell won't be here by the end of the season. I genuinely hope this won't be the case and that I'm proven wrong. But like a few managers prior, after the dust has settled, this appointment just doesn't "feel" right.

That's a huge thing to say. Why doesn't it feel right? The appointment was welcomed by most, he wants to play the right way and hasn't had a chance to bring in his own players yet. We took ages to make the appointment and must have been absolutely certain of him and we have played far better than under Hurst (this season) bar the last 2 games.

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading when the poor bloke has hardly got his feet under the table.

If your gut feeling is right it means we are in a right bloody mess.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 138
Chrisblor
December 27, 2023, 8:50pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,960
Gold Stars: 239
Hope someone's bookmarking all these 'I KNEW ARTELL WAS SHITE AS SOON AS HE JOINED' posts to dig out again when he turns out to be actually quite a decent manager for us.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 138
Northbank Mariner
December 27, 2023, 8:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
FFS....
The bloke hasn't even put his pens on his desk and you're into him!!..
I genuinely give up, Ferguson could manage town, lose a game and be the worst manager this side of the year 1928!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 138
Southwark Mariner
December 27, 2023, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Chrisblor
Hope someone's bookmarking all these 'I KNEW ARTELL WAS SHITE AS SOON AS HE JOINED' posts to dig out again when he turns out to be actually quite a decent manager for us.

Probably ought to start a spreadsheet. Will make finding utter tosh spouted by usual suspects a bit easier.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 138
Yoda
December 27, 2023, 9:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I think Artell is a decent manager i don’t think he appreciated how bad our squad is and how little money he has to change it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 138
Bigdog
December 27, 2023, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from heppy88

Well written.. but absolute guff..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 138
heppy88
December 27, 2023, 9:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Chrisblor

I haven’t read anyone say they think Artell is Shite, or was when he joined. But I confess I haven’t read all posts on all threads.  If you were referring to my post, I absolutely don’t think he is shite either and we would need several months to make any reasonable judgment. Yoda made a valid point that the realism of what he has inherited may knock him. Let’s face it for Hursts last few matches he looked bereft and beaten, not knowing what he could do to get a tune out of these players. Most new managers will join a club with issues, otherwise the departing manager would never had been sacked. But this bunch of players will require something /someone very special to get them playing well. Coupled with budget constraints and lengthy contracts,  Artell must be wondering what he has taken on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 138
GibMariner
December 27, 2023, 9:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Yoda
I think Artell is a decent manager i don’t think he appreciated how bad our squad is and how little money he has to change it.

Cant believe there is no money to bring a few in, where has it gone FFS, Owners have deeper pockets than Fenty by miles and even he never came out with this one out one in crap.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell’s interviews

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.