14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Azimuth
December 26, 2023, 10:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Artell has taken over in a similarish position to  how Hurst did, just outside the drop zone and close to a January transfer window, Hurst ultimately saw the team relegated and was given an relatively easy time of it here on the fishy.
If the worst does happen this season will Artell be given a free pass to continue as Hurst was?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 138
Yoda
December 26, 2023, 11:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
I think another relegation to non league could be terminal, the fan base has had enough of a quarter of a century of rubbish and season ticket sales would collapse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 138
LocalLadGTFC
December 27, 2023, 12:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,214
Gold Stars: 137
I think you’ll see a few players depart in January. I think Khan will be the first to go, it’s clear DA doesn’t see him in his plans as he’s been absent out the matchday squad for the past 2/3 games and as far as i’m aware isn’t injured. The moving players on part could be a struggle but most of the players not involved should be able to find NL clubs quite easily, it’ll be dependant on whether they’re willing to drop down a level or sit on a bench for 6 months collecting a paycheck.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 138
Yoda
December 27, 2023, 1:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Some 6 months most 18 months
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 138
davmariner
December 27, 2023, 1:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,930
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Yoda
I think another relegation to non league could be terminal, the fan base has had enough of a quarter of a century of rubbish and season ticket sales would collapse.

I bet you’re a hoot at parties.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 138
Mayaman
December 27, 2023, 5:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Mappers

It's becoming apparent the summer window wasn't as good as we hoped , it's actually borderline disaster even halfway through the season - Cartwright is a slight improvement on Crocombe for me and Danny Rose WOULD be good with able support (he must be shaking his head with his decision to go  from an easy gig as 4th choice striker at Stevenage to being the only striker with us ,having to put in an overly stupid amount of work up top by himself ) just to be closer to home .

We have done our regular thing of letting people go and replacing with worse or not at all .

The midfield individually might be ok but the combination of most of them together isn't unless we are given time to play which you are not most of the time in league 2 .

Rodgers looks a relegated player and his confidence is shot ,Maher also seems to have gone backwards . Michee looked lost today second half him , Conteh and Eisa looked like they didnt want to be there . One of our own Harry was dreadful aswell , really bad he just isn't a CM with enough quality - i like him on the left though .

There is no depth in the squad I would take
Mcatee, Taylor , Mani and Abraham up top
Over just Danny Rose , Pyke was a right back for 2 seasons before signing for us , weird signing , Wilson not so weird but has been injured most of the time so far .

Lost for words how bad we were today ,we just have to hope we have got the Artell that did so well for Crewe in his first couple of years and not the one who went scattergun on signings in the last season , 16 games without a win .

Over to Mr Artell

Don't forget Orsi.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 138
Boonsy
December 27, 2023, 6:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 2
I honestly don’t think Artells up to it....  of course I hope I am wrong but given our league position, how awful the squad is and the depth of experience in this league, I believe Artell has no experience when it comes to the issues being faced... I hate to think it, but I do believe we will drop into NL next season at which point Artell will leave... he really isn’t up to it.. sorry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 138
MuddyWaters
December 27, 2023, 7:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from DaleH
I’ve not been impressed with his interviews. I don’t think he comes across particularly well. But I wouldn’t care about that a single jot, if he’s realistic in what he says. And I cannot abide “could have” or “should have” comments. I’d prefer “we haven’t taken our chances in the first half, we’ve created a few which is good, but we must finish more of those chances. Mansfield have created a good few chances too in the first half, and scored two, snd that’s why they are looking strong promotion contenders. So that’s what we’ve got to do, to improve and get us where we need to be”.

That’s the sort of post match comments I want to hear from my manager. Not daft comments that we could have been 4 nil up at half time.

I think we have a big issue with lack of quality in the squad, which is both disappointing and ironic, given that we’ve spent some money this season.

David Artel has a huge job on his hands, and we MUST make signings in January. He must not hang his hat on this assertion that we are far too good to go down. We are not. And we’ve seen many occasions where that old cliche has been proved to be incorrect.

David has to now get us to safety, because make no mistake, we are heading towards a relegation survival battle. Then he has to rebuild for a better L2 campaign next season. Putting aside the quality of the players for a moment, we are now heading into a few months in which it will become evident whether or not we’ve got the right manager in to replace Paul Hurst

That is a load of trite nonsense.

In this post, you have failed to grasp the basic concept that the manager you wanted to keep has put together a squad that has us back in danger again. This is Hurst’s squad not Artell’s.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 138
jamesgtfc
December 27, 2023, 8:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That is a load of trite nonsense.

In this post, you have failed to grasp the basic concept that the manager you wanted to keep has put together a squad that has us back in danger again. This is Hurst’s squad not Artell’s.

This is Hurst's squad that Artell is trying to get to play his style of football when many aren't up to that. I'm fortunate enough that I didn't watch the game yesterday, but Mansfield are a really good side. The stats show that they absolutely dominated us, and showed that in the first half.

Even though I didn't watch it, when Artell started asserting that we should have been 4-1 up at half time, that did concern me. Had Clifton not messed up his chance it would have been a completely different game. I think he could be u-turning on his assertion that we definitely won't go down soon too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 138
acko338
December 27, 2023, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Town competed for the first 15 minutes, then found tbat Mansfield were faster, more physical, more accurate with their passing and could keep us chasing tails all over the field.

Rose becomes more isolated, our passing slowly gets more raggy, yet we create chances to score at least 2 or 3 goals, none of which were taken.

Then all the previous bad habits come in, with slow passing, poor positional sense, lowering of running and effort and hence sloppy play.

How can pro players NOT be able to easily trap a ball and pass it properly??

That is the fan frustration, if players graft and other team's players are just better, then you have to take it. Lack of some simple skill levels are more gutting, as you then ask what is actually done in training sessions?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 138
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell’s interviews

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.