Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back Forest Green (merged)

This thread currently has 12,927 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
March 3, 2024, 1:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Did what we needed to and showed a grit we've lacked this season, but thoroughly detested the fact we had to turn to anti-football, every man behind the ball - it was necessary, but I'm so sick of season after season in this shitty league of scrapping for our lives.

Shout out to Tharme who has made a big difference over the last couple of games, adding some physicality we've lacked and we've looked much better at defending crosses with him in there. I actually think it's his leadership qualities that have made a massive difference, though, adding another voice on the pitch that we were sorely lacking, especially at the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 127
toontown
March 3, 2024, 1:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mariner93er
Did what we needed to and showed a grit we've lacked this season, but thoroughly detested the fact we had to turn to anti-football, every man behind the ball - it was necessary, but I'm so sick of season after season in this shitty league of scrapping for our lives.

Shout out to Tharme who has made a big difference over the last couple of games, adding some physicality we've lacked and we've looked much better at defending crosses with him in there. I actually think it's his leadership qualities that have made a massive difference, though, adding another voice on the pitch that we were sorely lacking, especially at the back.

Yeah fair play to Tharme, whilst he isn't exactly setting the world on fire he does look an improvement on our CBs (low bar admittedly) and he is doing a lot of talking and organising during games which I think we've needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 127
Yoda
March 3, 2024, 3:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Passing was really poor i thought Holohan had a shocking game he came off the pitch cleaner than when he went on shirked a lot of tackles Andrews had his best game for us.
Wilson looked dead on his feet after 25 minutes Pyke is a far better player than him bigger puts himself about a bit.
One thing baffles me why can we not clear balls down the pitch we only seem to kick it 20 yards and invite pressure straight back on us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 127
GtfcGarner
March 3, 2024, 4:02am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
A really ugly game of football but the most vital thing came of it - 3 points!

Having watched us this season we just look so poor when it comes to passing the ball or taking ball in the midfield, other teams seem to do it with ease just knocking it about. It seems we are a yard-off or don't have a plan what to do with the ball when it comes into feet. I think the summer (depending on if we do stay up), the midfield will be ripped apart and hopefully replaced with quality. Thompson who's come in looks to have something about him, a more polished and better footballing version of Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 127
Terry duckworth
March 3, 2024, 7:36am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -43
Gold Stars: 2
Could people stop creaming ther underpants about  Danny rose ?
Very decent player in one of the most dreadful teams I’ve seen in nearly 40 years . Great 3 points yesterday and hopefully be safe with a few more wins but how did we get as poor as this . I reckon I could have played yesterday and nobody would have noticed . Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 127
barrattstandman
March 3, 2024, 7:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Firstly, I would have taken a crap 1-0 win before the game 100%.

I know this and also know that this was a game where 3 points was the only thing that matters. It gives us a free swing at Wimbledon on Tuesday and hopefully the lads will relax a bit and play better.

However, there is a but at the back of my mind.

It was an awful game of football to watch and we are definitely not in a false position ( that said, neither is FGR)

But if I was a FGR fan watching that, I would be seriously frustrated that they dominated play, played much netter than us and despite getting into great positions at least 10 times, their final ball was garbage. Thankfully.

Rose - you are a star
3 CB’s - well done, you did your job today.

Clifton and Hume - ur distributions was poor.

What has happened to Clifton?

His first touch was so bad again today and he got himself and the team into trouble a couple of times by not being able to control the ball and then having to lunge into challenges as it bounced away from him.

I wasn’t overly impressed by Thompson today either, he looked less mobile than we need and fingers crossed it’s just match fitness?

Andrew’s was also poor as well and Holohan also had one of his less impressive games.

We started 3-5-2 but after we scored. It was definitely 5-3-2 and we were overrun in midfield.

However, I am travelling to Wimbledon on Tuesday and do feel better with these 3 points in the bag.

UTM

I think you have it wrong with your line up.  When we are on the attack we play 3-5-2. When not on attack  5-3-2 .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 127
jonnyboy82
March 3, 2024, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Horrible game of football but vital vital 3 points. Rose was immense as usual, the whole team grafted but again I'm not sure what Jamie Andrews offers us ? He never gets into the game,  I'm not sure what his role is meant to be because this might sound harsh but it's like playing with 10 men sometimes.

Anyway that's my main gripe , the effort and commitment in the defence was superb. FGR are a Horrible club so it made it even sweeter, I hope they go down.

I think we will be ok but certainly we have a massive massive job in the summer to get a team together.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 127
Mike_67
March 3, 2024, 9:06am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +52
Gold Stars: 1
Ugly game but the defensive doggedness got us the result.

We were effectively playing 6 at the back when they got over the halfway line with Clifton, Hulme and Thompson dropping deep. FGR used width as much as possible making really hard work for Holohan and Andrews to get on to them effectively and also very difficult if we won possession in the middle as there were very few immediate options.

Not pretty but it worked today and that was always going to be the most important thing for this match.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 127
chaos33
March 3, 2024, 9:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Terry duckworth
Very decent player in one of the most dreadful teams I’ve seen in nearly 40 years . Great 3 points yesterday and hopefully be safe with a few more wins but how did we get as poor as this . I reckon I could have played yesterday and nobody would have noticed . Utm

‘Creaming their underpants’? What are you, 13?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 127
Jarmo.Is.God
March 3, 2024, 9:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Terry duckworth

You're just after a nibble, and I'll give you one...

The lad has had one of his best scoring season in a very poor team. He runs more than anyone I can remember in a town shirt.
He's a pain to defenders and gives them no time on the ball, instead of just standing off like most. He's passionate, even when we are playing crap, not just winning.
He's a real shithouse of a player. I'll admit I hated him when he was at Mansfield, for the exact same reasons I love him here.
He just gets it and he's already a hero for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.