Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back Forest Green (merged)

This thread currently has 12,757 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
CSLM
March 2, 2024, 7:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
Definitely wasn't pretty but a massive result. How he only added 4 minutes on at the end I'll never know, we were proper shithouses, I would've been fuming if it was the other way round. Cartwright should've been booked in my opinion but all good, if you can't beat em join em and all that.

Thought Thompson looked pretty good. I still feel like there is a decent player there in Andrews, some terrible moments but he kept going and did some decent things second half.
Surprised nobody has mentioned Hume, he looks a cut above this level.

Great passion at the end there by everyone, especially from Tharme. Mullarkey looked much more comfortable and hats off to Danny Rose, incredible effort and desire. I was a bit worried he might miss one of those challenges but luckily no problem.

We need to be much better on the ball but I think Artell will improve us on that front. Nice to have a Saturday night without all of the anger and arguments. Saying that we certainly need to improve but getting the result was the most important thing today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 127
LocalLadGTFC
March 2, 2024, 7:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,222
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from CSLM
Definitely wasn't pretty but a massive result. How he only added 4 minutes on at the end I'll never know, we were proper shithouses, I would've been fuming if it was the other way round. Cartwright should've been booked in my opinion but all good, if you can't beat em join em and all that.

Thought Thompson looked pretty good. I still feel like there is a decent player there in Andrews, some terrible moments but he kept going and did some decent things second half.
Surprised nobody has mentioned Hume, he looks a cut above this level.

Great passion at the end there by everyone, especially from Tharme. Mullarkey looked much more comfortable and hats off to Danny Rose, incredible effort and desire. I was a bit worried he might miss one of those challenges but luckily no problem.

We need to be much better on the ball but I think Artell will improve us on that front. Nice to have a Saturday night without all of the anger and arguments. Saying that we certainly need to improve but getting the result was the most important thing today.

You say about the no arguements stuff whilst Niall Maher is calling out Town fans on twitter...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 127
oochiad
March 2, 2024, 7:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Hagrid
Incredibly biased interview by their manager who described them as miles better than us and they deserved to win.

Didnt have a shot on target you clown

Yes I’ve just listened to it. It’s funny their game on Thursday they scored an early goal and then defending for the rest of the game, just like today except of course Wrexham got the equaliser which they didn’t manage. He was a melt all game with his complaining, good old Steve member-erall 😂🤣😂🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 127
Phil the cod
March 2, 2024, 7:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Hagrid

How you can be the better side when you dont have a shot on target. You deserve nothing.

2 poor sides, we won.

They looked in control of the game and did most of the attacking play.
They could pass to each other, run past our players like they were stood still.
The reason they had no shots was due to the fact we threw bodies at them in a last ditch heroic defensive Alamo style siege.
We at no stage looked in control of the game and the ball came back at us time after time.
If their forwards could shoot straight we'd of been turned over
Our keeper gives me heart palpitations every time the ball comes anywhere near him.
Let's not forget we had one shot on target in 90 minutes football,at home, against the bottom team in league 2 .
Before we get too ecstatic.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 127
1mickylyons
March 2, 2024, 7:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Phil the cod

They looked in control of the game and did most of the attacking play.
They could pass to each other, run past our players like they were stood still.
The reason they had no shots was due to the fact we threw bodies at them in a last ditch heroic defensive Alamo style siege.
We at no stage looked in control of the game and the ball came back at us time after time.
If their forwards could shoot straight we'd of been turned over
Our keeper gives me heart palpitations every time the ball comes anywhere near him.
Let's not forget we had one shot on target in 90 minutes football,at home, against the bottom team in league 2 .
Before we get too ecstatic.

They're 2nd bottom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 127
GrimPol
March 2, 2024, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Hagrid

How you can be the better side when you dont have a shot on target. You deserve nothing.

2 poor sides, we won.

It's one of those games where we don't if we were better than them, or if they were worse than us.
I'm still pinching myself as other results around us just fell into place.
God was a Mariner today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 127
bawarmy
March 2, 2024, 7:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Not particularly impressed with Maher’s comments on twitter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 127
mariner91
March 2, 2024, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

You say about the no arguements stuff whilst Niall Maher is calling out Town fans on twitter...

The laughable part about him calling out Town fans is he’s doing it saying criticism of Andrews is wrong and that he’s been doing well apparently. He’s a central midfielder who managed to complete less than 30% of his passes today playing against the 2nd worst team in the FL. If he’s played well today, I’d hate to see him have a stinker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 127
HerveJosse
March 2, 2024, 7:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
That was more Paul Hurst then any Paul Hurst performance . My last visit to the dentist passed quicker minute for minute. Three points is what mattered but we can’t go into next season with this set up. I would still hoof the lot out ( Rose excepted).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 127
Hagrid
March 2, 2024, 7:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from mariner91

The laughable part about him calling out Town fans is he’s doing it saying criticism of Andrews is wrong and that he’s been doing well apparently. He’s a central midfielder who managed to complete less than 30% of his passes today playing against the 2nd worst team in the FL. If he’s played well today, I’d hate to see him have a stinker.

Very stupid of him. I mean intercourse me, we’ve been hammered for the last 2 months and he’s not said a word
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.