Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back Forest Green (merged)

This thread currently has 12,766 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
March 2, 2024, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from bawarmy
Not particularly impressed with Maher’s comments on twitter

He’s defending a young lad (Andrews) who’s had some harsh stick recently, not the overall performances from the squad.

People happy to giving it to individuals yet kick off on Twitter when a player dares to defend them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 127
Jarmo.Is.God
March 2, 2024, 7:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from bawarmy
Not particularly impressed with Maher’s comments on twitter

He's sticking up for a colleague, which is fine I guess...
The thing that really really annoys me, is these players have been silent on Twitter for weeks, and now come out giving it.... Be happy with the result, we all are, but don't give it the big one over our 1st home win since 9th December

Anyway, let's not turn this into a negative thread, we did what we needed to do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 127
StacyColdicotts_hairline
March 2, 2024, 7:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Good performance up until the goal.

Then we defended the 1-0 lead.

Awful spectacle but who cares, those 3 points against a relegation rival will turn out to be crucial.

I though Rose and Thompson had good games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 127
gtfc98
March 2, 2024, 8:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Tommy
Did what we had to do to win the game. And that's thay really.

Poor in possession, carried Andrews who was a liability throughout, and Clifton was so wasteful with the ball. But Rodgers excellent at the back.

Probably won't see many games where both keepers have so little to do, but couldn't give a toss. All that was needed today was 3 points and we got them.

But according to Naill Maher, Andrews "silenced the critics" today. He was the worst player on the pitch and should have been replaced by Wood who showed last week that he can pick up the ball and get us up the pitch.

Back 3 were great today, wish Cartwright would come off his line for balls a bit more. Thompson and Hollohan did the important stuff in the middle and Hume is looking a real coup on the left. Rose did what Rose does and Wilson was a decent outlet alongside him. Like others have said it wasn't pretty but we got the job done. If we can somehow get another 4 points this week things might not be looking so precarious.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 127
davmariner
March 2, 2024, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Not bothered about Maher’s comments and I don’t think any other fan should be. He should however, focus on his own performances which haven’t exactly been great this season.

Because as it stands, whether we go down or not, the likelihood is that he’s heading back to the National League.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 127
Hagrid
March 2, 2024, 8:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,433
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from mariner91

The laughable part about him calling out Town fans is he’s doing it saying criticism of Andrews is wrong and that he’s been doing well apparently. He’s a central midfielder who managed to complete less than 30% of his passes today playing against the 2nd worst team in the FL. If he’s played well today, I’d hate to see him have a stinker.

Very stupid of him. I mean intercourse me, we’ve been hammered for the last 2 months and he’s not said a word
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 127
fishcake63
March 2, 2024, 8:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Awful game but 3 points was all that mattered , said weeks ago & got red crosses galore maher was the issue cant head a ball cant defend last two games without him starting to prove a point , rodgers & waterfall took the flak for him in my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 127
HerveJosse
March 2, 2024, 8:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Hagrid

Very stupid of him. I mean intercourse me, we’ve been hammered for the last 2 months and he’s not said a word

Maher been here 2 years so contract presumambly up in May . Nowhere near good enough so probably on his way. . Playing rather then tweeting would probably member up his whiplash compo so let’s have a go at the fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 127
Mappers
March 2, 2024, 8:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Credit to the players today and bigger credit to Artell - it was messy ,scrappy and ugly - qualities  that get you results in league 2 .

I think we have to give Artell praise because of the wilingness to change , I thought he was too stuborn and would continue doing things his way taking us down in the process  or getting removed from situ relatively quickly .

Keep doing the basics well and we will stay up comfortably imo

I thought Rose and Wilson did well , it makes things so much easier for Rose when there is someone to share the load with up top .

I actually really like Wilson as a player (I know he has not been on the pitch enough + likely won't be here next season )
He reminds me a touch of Michael Boulding (without that electric pace he had , although Wilson looks no slouch ) in that he can stretch the play well , offering that different threat in behind and the opposition something different to think about .

The back 5 which it ended up being most of the game all deserve a mention Rodgers looked somewhere near the player we thought he was early door , Mullarkey looks much better in that right sided CB role and Tharme looked solid . Hume is obviously a good player and  Harry showed how he can do a competent job anywhere aslong as it's not CM .

I don't want to be negative so will leave midfield out of the discussion .

Great 3 points and a 'free hit ' now against Wimbledon on Tuesday , could we manage back to back wins ?

Stranger thing's have happened
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 127
ska face
March 2, 2024, 8:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,663
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Phil the cod

They looked in control of the game and did most of the attacking play.
They could pass to each other, run past our players like they were stood still.
The reason they had no shots was due to the fact we threw bodies at them in a last ditch heroic defensive Alamo style siege.
We at no stage looked in control of the game and the ball came back at us time after time.
If their forwards could shoot straight we'd of been turned over
Our keeper gives me heart palpitations every time the ball comes anywhere near him.

lmao what absolute garbage - they were as bad us. They had zero sustained pressure, zero shots on target, were allowed to pass the ball across the back line as they never did anything with it. No idea why they were looking to Keogh as some kind of lynchpin - he’s a 37-year-old former Championship defender, not a fit & mobile midfielder fresh out the Prem.

McAllister looked a bright spark at times but that’s all he was, a spark. Never felt like we were stretched, partly due to the formation, and anytime they had the opportunity to cross the ball they never had any quality.

Honestly couldn’t care less about the performance, we’ve spent all season saying good performances are meaningless if you don’t get any points at the end of it.

Thought Wilson did really well at times and shows what we’ve been missing in terms of another option up top & support for Rose.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.