Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back Forest Green (merged)

This thread currently has 12,752 views. Print
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2024, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
The ultimate ‘result is more important than the performance’ game. But it’s nice to see out 90 minutes without too many dramas.

The back three all did great, Thompson was excellent and Rose wore his heart on his sleeve as ever. Rodgers deserved MoM for me, back to early season form.

Will enjoy a couple of beers tonight 😎
Private Message
Maringer
March 2, 2024, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
Possibly the shittest game of football that I've ever seen and, though we defended well enough, I thought we were pretty poor all round.

Says a lot about FGR that they weren't even capable of having an effort on target against us, even with two thirds possession, but we'll need to play a lot better than that to keep winning points this season.

Pleased for Rogers who I'd agree was Man of the Match as he did really well for the goal, got his foot in and won his headers well. Let's hope it spurs him on for the rest of the season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 127
Hagrid
March 2, 2024, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,403
Gold Stars: 534
Wasnt pretty, but we dug in, we were solid, and we got 3 valuable points.

Thought the 3 centre backs had good games, Wilson led the line well but Rose my MOM. A true captains performance leading from the front.

They were a very poor side, and it was simply must win, and we did just that.

Credit to Artell who eventually has dropped his play from the back mantra.

Enjoy your weekends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 127
Wiley2405
March 2, 2024, 5:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Thompson, Rose and the CB’s all played well.

It wasn’t pretty and only one shot on target all game which we thankfully scored.

Artell interview good apart from the fact he said the performance is just as important as the result. Our position at this point of the season give me a crap game with a 1-0 win and it being the only shot on target all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 127
Tommy
March 2, 2024, 5:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Did what we had to do to win the game. And that's thay really.

Poor in possession, carried Andrews who was a liability throughout, and Clifton was so wasteful with the ball. But Rodgers excellent at the back.

Probably won't see many games where both keepers have so little to do, but couldn't give a toss. All that was needed today was 3 points and we got them.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 127
spuggybridge
March 2, 2024, 5:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +41
Gold Stars: 1
Gritty game, thought they were poor but I'll take the result and a clean sheet which will hopefully give Cartwright a bit of confidence going into the remaining games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 127
headingly_mariner
March 2, 2024, 5:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Massive win.

Credit to the players and the coaching staff. Not out of it yet, but a huge step.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Wilson I thought he was excellent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 127
chaos33
March 2, 2024, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,931
Gold Stars: 360
Danny Rose. All season. 100%. Highest of standards. Just fantastic. God knows where we’d be without him. Thank you Danny. Talk about leading by example. Colossus of a pro.
So, so relieved and grateful for 3 points.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 127
Chrisblor
March 2, 2024, 5:53pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,817
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Massive win.

Credit to the players and the coaching staff. Not out of it yet, but a huge step.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Wilson I thought he was excellent.

Yeah Wilson did very well considering the service from midfield to him today was non-existent. If we can sort out the midfield trio and stick with that back 5 (as indecisive as Cartwright looked all match) we might actually have a chance of moving up the table between now and the end of the season.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 127
pontoonlew
March 2, 2024, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,034
Gold Stars: 176
Not a game you’d want to see every week but a result you’d take every week up until the end of April at the minute.

Rose, Mullarkey, Rodgers and Wilson were terrific. The midfield couldn’t string a decent pass between them but at least battled well and the subs did exactly what we needed. Andrews had a shocker first half but credit to him, he was much better in the second.

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the passing football, nor do I want to see the back of it, but I’ve a strong feeling it won’t return until we’re safe and Artell deems us ready to play it properly. He’s had a lot of abuse, but he’s changed the way we play extremely quickly and done what needed to be done in the circumstances. Sure there’ll be some out there willing him to fail regardless.

An absolutely huge 3 points and hopefully a big step towards avoiding relegation with a chunk of the season left to go, which I’ve always felt we’d do.

One last thing, I couldn’t make it today so watched on iFollow. Tonduer has been the voice of the club for many years but it’s time to hang up the mic. Aside from his horrendous bias towards certain players & digging out others. He very rarely describes the game accurately whatsoever, the poor people listening on the radio are hearing something completely different to the reality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 127
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.