Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back Forest Green (merged)

This thread currently has 12,764 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 2, 2024, 6:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,438
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Phil the cod
It's a bit unfair on forest green tbh, they came to play football and were by far the better side.
The reason why they are down there though is they over play and pretty football only gets you so far if no shots on target come from it.
That said, I think they will be fine and Sutton and Colchester will go down.
Thought Danny rose was immense as usual and if ever player of the season was nailed on its this year.
He should be at least in league one if not higher, how we've got him is a mystery.

How you can be the better side when you dont have a shot on target. You deserve nothing.

2 poor sides, we won.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 127
TonySmith
March 2, 2024, 6:41pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 11
   A Great result but what a depressing performance! Yes, the three points are absolutely the most important thing, and we were obviously set up to keep it tight at the back rather than create much up front, but I have to be honest, Forest Green looked like a much better footballing side than we did in that game. Their passing didn't lead to anything in the end thanks to some dogged defending, but they were finding their men much better than Town's players were. I think a lot more flair going forward, use of the flanks, and accurate passing through midfield are going to be called for in future games or we should be prepared for a lot of 1-0 defeats.  
    This season I will settle for finishing 22nd. Anything better will be a bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 127
Yoda
March 2, 2024, 6:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,141
Gold Stars: 71
Our passing is shocking poor performance great result
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 127
arryarryarry
March 2, 2024, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Great goal, great 3 points and one of the worst games of football I've seen in along time.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 127
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2024, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,264
Gold Stars: 236
Would like to see Liam Smith back in on Tuesday, Harry back in midfield if at all.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 127
sonofmadeleymariner
March 2, 2024, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
It wasn't pretty, it was a hard grind we probably made harder for ourselves, but I'll take 13 more just like it if it means we get the same result each time for the rest of the season.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 127
davmariner
March 2, 2024, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Wasn’t a pretty game as others have said but an important win. Nice to be able to say we defended well - I definitely think three at the back suits us and the centre halves we have.

Thought Clifton struggled at times as did Thompson and Andrews and I think there may be a fitness issue with the latter two (though Andrews’ delivery from set pieces was decent).

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 127
Lincspoacher
March 2, 2024, 6:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Firstly, I would have taken a crap 1-0 win before the game 100%.

I know this and also know that this was a game where 3 points was the only thing that matters. It gives us a free swing at Wimbledon on Tuesday and hopefully the lads will relax a bit and play better.

However, there is a but at the back of my mind.

It was an awful game of football to watch and we are definitely not in a false position ( that said, neither is FGR)

But if I was a FGR fan watching that, I would be seriously frustrated that they dominated play, played much netter than us and despite getting into great positions at least 10 times, their final ball was garbage. Thankfully.

Rose - you are a star
3 CB’s - well done, you did your job today.

Clifton and Hume - ur distributions was poor.

What has happened to Clifton?

His first touch was so bad again today and he got himself and the team into trouble a couple of times by not being able to control the ball and then having to lunge into challenges as it bounced away from him.

I wasn’t overly impressed by Thompson today either, he looked less mobile than we need and fingers crossed it’s just match fitness?

Andrew’s was also poor as well and Holohan also had one of his less impressive games.

We started 3-5-2 but after we scored. It was definitely 5-3-2 and we were overrun in midfield.

However, I am travelling to Wimbledon on Tuesday and do feel better with these 3 points in the bag.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 127
1mickylyons
March 2, 2024, 7:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Credit to DA today got his tactics bang on .Town's midfield where shocking but the back 5 Rose and Wilson all played like lions .Have to give the fans Credit today as well all 4 stands did the team proud especially the last 20 mins when the players needed the lift.Not pretty I don't care its 3 points and nothing else matters. Well done All
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 127
Boonsy
March 2, 2024, 7:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 2
In all honesty an awful game between two awful football teams.  That really was at best a poor to mediocre national league game. Bloody terrible game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 127
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back Forest Green (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.