HerveJosse
December 24, 2023, 8:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s a dreadful commentator and an arrogant egotist, a classic example of a (kind of) journalist who thinks he’s part of the act. Matt Deane & Mike White by comparison CDAJATL

Burnsy didn’t call him Lord Tondour of Blundell Park for nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 97
Madeleymariner
December 24, 2023, 8:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Andy Smith left in May didn’t he?

Yes he did it's just me having a senior moment obviously meant Rodgers 😔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 97
Mappers
December 24, 2023, 8:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from HerveJosse

Burnsy didn’t call him Lord Tondour of Blundell Park for nothing

Father time and the changing game has caught up with him  - get John Moores on audio ?

Proper positive and a bit of a laugh would love to hear 'ohhh yesss ' and even when we are crap a bit of humour rather than Tondeurs monotone description of the game ;he's been in the main too long and just sounds like one of the regulars doesn't he ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 97
Mappers
December 24, 2023, 8:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 118
Even though yesterday was crap the positive is Sutton are brown bread and FGR have appointed Troy Deeney as manager . Doncaster look awful aswell so there are at least 3 teams we are finishing above even if it's not the season we hoped for we will still be in league 2 next season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 97
December 24, 2023, 10:24am
Guest User
Quoted from Davec
I thought the players were having a competition who could give the ball away the most? The winner was, well they was all doing it very regularly so they may need to share the prize!

1st half I could see what the plan was, it was just being executed badly by players not capable of playing it, the fact is we have very few players in our squad who are capable of passing the ball around quickly with accuracy on a consistent basis, I understand league 2 footballers have their limitations but other league 2 teams pass it accurately and quickly so we clearly need to recruit some players who can do that, and for all the passing out the back, Rose is still very isolated when he is up their alone, we look better when he has somebody alongside him, we need to sign a striker in January as if Wilson and Pyke are injured that leaves Rose badly isolated, hopefully Pyke can stay fit now.

2nd half was a bit of a mess and I could not see what the plan was.

The corners was shocking, I think Hunt hitting the first man over and over and over and over again, his crosses barely left the floor!

Glennon put most of the corners into the near post, but he also hit the first man every time.  Shockingly poor corners.

Reply: 94 - 97
lew chaterleys lover
December 24, 2023, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mappers
Even though yesterday was crap the positive is Sutton are brown bread and FGR have appointed Troy Deeney as manager . Doncaster look awful aswell so there are at least 3 teams we are finishing above even if it's not the season we hoped for we will still be in league 2 next season .

It's a shame we are not much more secure though. That would give us the space and time to adapt to the new style without having to look over our shoulder.

I am a huge advocate of possession based football played out from the back but if we lose some of these difficult games coming up and get dragged more into it I can't see a lot of fans having the patience for it. We all want winning football but this is a long term thing improving over time. Its never dull being a fan anyways.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 97
ginnywings
December 24, 2023, 12:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
One of the things I forgot to mention was yet another ex player scored against us yesterday, with Bogle last week, Orsi getting the winner t'other week and I think someone else too at the back of my mind.

Jennings possibly?

Could do with Rose getting one or two at Mansfield to even it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 97
Yoda
December 24, 2023, 1:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
I think our biggest trouble is we have no height in the team Hunt and Clifton are tiny and soon bullied out of the game.
When our passing game is not working we cannot muscle our way into games.
Harrogate looked bigger in height and physicality in every position.
I saw Harrogate lost 1.2 million last financial year i don’t know how long they can sustain that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.