10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Most of the team lost their individual battles today and, more worryingly, couldn’t get their heads around a Plan B.

We won’t win every game and we have a plan. Let’s see what January brings.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 97
Limerick Mariner
December 23, 2023, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 136
Combination of a bad day at the office and the utterly brainless. How many times do you try something that clearly isn’t working (goal kick and corner routines) and been sussed by the opposition, before someone on the pitch takes responsibility and changes it. The manager isn’t there to hold hands with the players once they are out there. There is no leadership out there without Waterfall.

For all his spectacular goals, Eisa is a liability when without the ball and doesn’t find space when we have it, Gnahoua wasn’t have the best of games but surprised when he went off instead of Eisa. They quickly closed down Hunt and snuffed him out, Glennon’s passing accuracy was off. Clifton’s similar. And then total ball watching for their goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 97
Brummie Codfather
December 23, 2023, 5:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +853
Gold Stars: 21
Bad performance that, far too slow in our passing, which allowed Harrogate’s press to be so effective.  Hunt and Eisa were anonymous, Clifton doesn’t release the ball quick enough & Mullarkey seemingly can’t cross.

Needs a lot of work to get them working well together, I’ll be very interested to see who gets shipped out in January if anyone.

Let’s hope Artell can’t help on the training ground but doesn’t have any time before the Boxing Day game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 97
golfer
December 23, 2023, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 116
There are supposed to be 47 balls on the pitch but for most of the match there were only 25.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 97
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Combination of a bad day at the office and the utterly brainless. How many times do you try something that clearly isn’t working (goal kick and corner routines) and been sussed by the opposition, before someone on the pitch takes responsibility and changes it. The manager isn’t there to hold hands with the players once they are out there. There is no leadership out there without Waterfall.

For all his spectacular goals, Eisa is a liability when without the ball and doesn’t find space when we have it, Gnahoua wasn’t have the best of games but surprised when he went off instead of Eisa. They quickly closed down Hunt and snuffed him out, Glennon’s passing accuracy was off. Clifton’s similar. And then total ball watching for their goals.

I’ve just found out that Eisa was MoM. Did they draw it out of a hat?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 97
sonofmadeleymariner
December 23, 2023, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Slow, boring, sideway and backwards best describes out performance today. We didn't turn up until Harrogate were happy to settle for a 2 nil. Very disappointing, that'll teach me for being optimistic today won't it

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 97
sonofmadeleymariner
December 23, 2023, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The bemused what ringing out from the upper when it was announced said it all really.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 97
Limerick Mariner
December 23, 2023, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MuddyWaters

By some unusual logic perhaps. All other players were trying things and failing whereas he may as well have not been playing…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 97
barralad
December 23, 2023, 5:50pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Second to every single ball, one of the most embarrassing afternoons at BP ever, and that is saying something. The relegation battle is on

Hyperbole right there.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 97
Maringer
December 23, 2023, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,556
Gold Stars: 185
We'll never have a successful passing team with the two centre backs who played today. Practically every single pass that Maher made to Glennon (all 4,756 of them today) was either slightly behind him or forced him to check his forward motion to collect the ball. Rodgers ran forward with the ball when there was space in front of him on quite a few occasions, but he rarely managed to find a player with his pass or just whacked it at them too hard.

Hunt lost possession of the ball almost every time he received it and it really was one of his worst games for us. Conteh wasn't really much better.

Harrogate really, really well organised, tidy in possession and outmuscled us across the field. The number of overloads they managed to create without really trying was very worrying and it certainly didn't help that we just passed it straight to them no end of times. Very lucky to only lose by a single goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.