pontoonlew
December 23, 2023, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from ska face

Imagine someone in 1973 telling everyone the crowd prefer the style from 1923. Absolutely insane behaviour.

People can’t expect the players to be brave on the ball, anywhere on the pitch, if the fans are filling their y-fronts every time we have to make a pass.

Same goes for that goon Tondeur on Humberside, been needling the manager and players every chance he gets about the different style. Bloke sounds like he’s on the verge of a coronary the second the ball’s not punted into the stratosphere.

It’s possible to play terribly without having to completely abandon your principles the following week.

Have to agree re Tonduer, the style of football appears so alien to him and as a result the commentary of it is dreadful
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 97
moosey_club
December 23, 2023, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from arryarryarry

There were plenty around me moaning "get it forward" when pratting around at the back.

Same every week...every season...
"Stop fking about, get it forwards"...followed by..
"Stop hoofing it"

Today in the Pontoon i heard contradictory shouts  from the same people throughout.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 97
Theimperialcoroner
December 23, 2023, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
It is glaringly obvious that Tuckman’s theory will help some people understand what’s going on with the players at the moment.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 97
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 10:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
It is glaringly obvious that Tuckman’s theory will help some people understand what’s going on with the players at the moment.

Think it flies well over some people’s heads to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 97
Yoda
December 23, 2023, 10:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,147
Gold Stars: 71
We cannot afford a performance like that in the next two games or we are right in a relegation scrap.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 97
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2023, 10:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pontoonlew

Have to agree re Tonduer, the style of football appears so alien to him and as a result the commentary of it is dreadful

He’s a dreadful commentator and an arrogant egotist, a classic example of a (kind of) journalist who thinks he’s part of the act. Matt Deane & Mike White by comparison CDAJATL

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 97
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2023, 10:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Yoda
We cannot afford a performance like that in the next two games or we are right in a relegation scrap.

Are you going to accept DAs invitation for an hour at Cheapside?

What I took away from today (game & RH) was that Artell wants to coach players where I suspect as much as I respect him PH trained & instructed  players. The latter delivers functionality the former (players permitting) will deliver flair and more wins.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 97
Madeleymariner
December 23, 2023, 10:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Its not that we are trying to play out from the back but we do it too slowly, the number of times the ball could have gone straight out to Clifton, Hunt, Mullarkey and Glennon in acres of space straight from the keeper it always had to go 5 yards to Smith or Maher first. By the time they have a couple of touches their options as above are closed down. Add to that Eisa having a worst first touch than me, the rest of the midfield unable to complete a 10 yrd pass, results in games like today. It's simple some of our players are not quite good enough whatever style we decide to play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 97
Croxton
December 23, 2023, 10:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from moosey_club

Same every week...every season...
"Stop fking about, get it forwards"...followed by..
"Stop hoofing it"

Today in the Pontoon i heard contradictory shouts  from the same people throughout.

You do know that it's possible to pass forwards without hoofing it? So many times we passed sideways when a forward pass on the deck was available. Harrogate demonstrated this perfectly early on finding players in space centrally who then worked a pass out wide.

Would folk please stop characterising fan reaction in the binary 'passing out' versus 'hoof it' debate. If only it were that simple. There were several opportunities to carry the ball forward and draw defenders out of position but we lacked courage or confidence. Arthur tried more often than most and won corners and throw ins which were then wasted.

Like others I also found JT;s interview poor. Firstly for ignoring the lack of competence, leadership and fight on view regardless of the tactical debate and then Artell's statement about finding the fear of relegation 'ridiculous'. I think I got round the roundabout at Waltham on muscle memory after that patronising and defensive assertion.

Losing to a well organised team is OK if you give it your best shot but I was looking much more heart and aggression in my team.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 97
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s a dreadful commentator and an arrogant egotistical, a classic example of a (kind of) journalist who thinks he’s part of the act. Matt Deane & Mike White by comparison CDAJATL

Agree. It’s certainly time Radio Humberside ‘rationalised’ their commentary roster.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.