10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
December 23, 2023, 7:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Mcmenemy played that style because it was how football was played in them days, also the pitches in winter were usually more mud then grass. The old saying of a player “having a good engine” was more important then a skilled player, also tackling was allowed back then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 97
TownSNAFU5
December 23, 2023, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
The better corners in the first half did not beat the first defender.  The remainder were strangled at birth at the corner flag trying a new botched short corner routine,

The same level of success came from playing out from the back.  Not without further practice please.  Our players are not good enough to play this way.  PL keepers and defenders get it wrong.  And not on a windy day either.

A game to forget for every reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 97
GibMariner
December 23, 2023, 8:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from 140381
Every time we played it out from the back I was nervous. Had been looking forward to this. Utter shít.

Not remotely consoled by Artell’s post match interview either.

Wouldn’t be inspired / motivated by such incoherent twaddle.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 97
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 8:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 140381
Every time we played it out from the back I was nervous. Had been looking forward to this. Utter shít.

Not remotely consoled by Artell’s post match interview either.

I wonder what goes through some people’s minds.

Would you rather have a man with a plan who wants to win games playing the right way or someone who just doesn’t want to lose?

He even told us there would be bumps in the road while the team was getting to grips with what he wants.

Yes, today was disappointing in the same way that Crewe was exciting.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 97
arryarryarry
December 23, 2023, 9:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I wonder what goes through some people’s minds.

Would you rather have a man with a plan who wants to win games playing the right way or someone who just doesn’t want to lose?

He even told us there would be bumps in the road while the team was getting to grips with what he wants.

Yes, today was disappointing in the same way that Crewe was exciting.

I don't know what his plan was today but I think he got it wrong or was out thought by the Harrogate manager.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 97
MuddyWaters
December 23, 2023, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't know what his plan was today but I think he got it wrong or was out thought by the Harrogate manager.

His plan is long term. Not just 90 minutes against a well drilled and efficient opponent.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 97
arryarryarry
December 23, 2023, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Load of shite, fans just want to see effort and today it looked like there was 0 hence the moans and groans. If we went and had a go at Harrogate and didn't fanny about with 10 corners going short then there probably wouldn't of been groans. The style of play isn't the reason the fans booed, it's the application and effort of players that was the problem today like it has been for 90% of the season.

There were plenty around me moaning "get it forward" when pratting around at the back.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 97
ska face
December 23, 2023, 9:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847

I've no idea but people will understand the difference in style.

Imagine someone in 1973 telling everyone the crowd prefer the style from 1923. Absolutely insane behaviour.

People can’t expect the players to be brave on the ball, anywhere on the pitch, if the fans are filling their y-fronts every time we have to make a pass.

Same goes for that goon Tondeur on Humberside, been needling the manager and players every chance he gets about the different style. Bloke sounds like he’s on the verge of a coronary the second the ball’s not punted into the stratosphere.

It’s possible to play terribly without having to completely abandon your principles the following week.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 97
acko338
December 23, 2023, 9:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Run faster, pass harder and in front of players, make yourself available, sort out free kicks and corners.

Slow, square balls across the penalty area are frightening !

These are pro players who should understand instructions and be able to.last 90.minutes if needed.

There may be movements out in January now that Artell has had a bad game to view !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 97
ancientmariner54
December 23, 2023, 9:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Most of the team lost their individual battles today and, more worryingly, couldn’t get their heads around a Plan B.

We won’t win every game and we have a plan. Let’s see what January brings.

You make me laugh, your quite prepared to wait and see what January brings for this gaffer but you wanted Pearson and Davies out in a hurry . We played better under their guidance than that showing today and who's to say we wouldn't have improved even more under them . Oh I know Artex must be better because he's a NAME.. and we probably paid more money for him ,so to you amongst us that watch premiershit football that must be the right decision. I really hope he makes a fist of it for all our sakes . I know some will be saying.. oh the snipers are out already. But Shaun and Ben took 5 points from 9 ,playoff form and got us through one round of the cup Artex has 5 points from 12 and we're out of the cup.....? Just saying . We were sh!t today .  U.T.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.