10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2023, 11:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Considering the way DA wants to play suspect Maher will be a bit concerned about who we might bring in when the window opens.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 97
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2023, 11:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Its not that we are trying to play out from the back but we do it too slowly, the number of times the ball could have gone straight out to Clifton, Hunt, Mullarkey and Glennon in acres of space straight from the keeper it always had to go 5 yards to Smith or Maher first. By the time they have a couple of touches their options as above are closed down. Add to that Eisa having a worst first touch than me, the rest of the midfield unable to complete a 10 yrd pass, results in games like today. It's simple some of our players are not quite good enough whatever style we decide to play.

Andy Smith left in May didn’t he?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 97
Phil the cod
December 23, 2023, 11:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Someone on way out calling for the manager to be sacked! female dog please, overreacting to getting beaten by a better team on the day.
Town looked like they'd been on the urine Friday night works do
That's one defeat in 7 games.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 97
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2023, 11:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
We'll never have a successful passing team with the two centre backs who played today. Practically every single pass that Maher made to Glennon (all 4,756 of them today) was either slightly behind him or forced him to check his forward motion to collect the ball. Rodgers ran forward with the ball when there was space in front of him on quite a few occasions, but he rarely managed to find a player with his pass or just whacked it at them too hard.

Hunt lost possession of the ball almost every time he received it and it really was one of his worst games for us. Conteh wasn't really much better.

Harrogate really, really well organised, tidy in possession and outmuscled us across the field. The number of overloads they managed to create without really trying was very worrying and it certainly didn't help that we just passed it straight to them no end of times. Very lucky to only lose by a single goal.

Thought Rodgers looked better today in his all round game. Maher was clearly a good player in the NL for Halifax, I think he’s out of contract in the summer (might be wrong) I’d be disappointed if he got another deal TBH.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 97
Theimperialcoroner
December 23, 2023, 11:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Think it flies well over some people’s heads to be honest.

Oh I know.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 97
AndyGTFC
December 24, 2023, 12:14am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
It was garbage today but it's one game, it happens, especially when you're trying to introduce something that the players probably aren't good enough to execute week in week out.

Onto the next one..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 97
Freemoash88
December 24, 2023, 5:38am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Crap performance felt sorry for the 6 thousands that made the effort to go today.

Not getting all doom and gloom tho be interesting to see what he does in the Jan transfer window
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 97
Davec
December 24, 2023, 7:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
I thought the players were having a competition who could give the ball away the most? The winner was, well they was all doing it very regularly so they may need to share the prize!

1st half I could see what the plan was, it was just being executed badly by players not capable of playing it, the fact is we have very few players in our squad who are capable of passing the ball around quickly with accuracy on a consistent basis, I understand league 2 footballers have their limitations but other league 2 teams pass it accurately and quickly so we clearly need to recruit some players who can do that, and for all the passing out the back, Rose is still very isolated when he is up their alone, we look better when he has somebody alongside him, we need to sign a striker in January as if Wilson and Pyke are injured that leaves Rose badly isolated, hopefully Pyke can stay fit now.

2nd half was a bit of a mess and I could not see what the plan was.

The corners was shocking, I think Hunt hitting the first man over and over and over and over again, his crosses barely left the floor!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 97
cannylad65
December 24, 2023, 7:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 6
In a nutshell.

Harrogate had far better individual players, combining to be the better team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 97
HerveJosse
December 24, 2023, 8:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
It is glaringly obvious that Tuckman’s theory will help some people understand what’s going on with the players at the moment.

Need someone who can turn water into wine with this group
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.