Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 36,465 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
December 21, 2023, 7:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,449
Gold Stars: 119
Our fanzone does welcome all , it's really good tbf plenty of away fans in most games (when they travel) and had a pint with one or two .

I don't get when people call these old traditional grounds dumps , I prefer them BP isn't even that bad in comparison to some of those places in the NL- I actually liked those aswell  ; maybe that's too far in your rear view mirror to remember , not sure , not my place . I don't mind Sincil Nou Camp but it's no way near this footballing colosseum  that some  of your regulars seem to think .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 312
mariner91
December 21, 2023, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from David Frazer
Trouble is mickeylyons ALL stands have been redeveloped whereas your dump hasnt ! I also believe you dont have 16/17 full boxes like we do .Plus i remember reading on here the distain at a fan zone where we welcome EVERYONE ( I dont believe yours does) and has earned us hundreds of thousands of £££££.We also a multi million ,yep hard to believe i agree,catering contract!

And yet you’re still haemorrhaging money each season to stand still in L1 with decreasing attendances. You can go on about it as much as you like but it’s not as rosey at the Wembley of the North as you like to make out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 312
DB
December 22, 2023, 12:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
It's easy to run a club which is always in debt. One day the chickens come home to roost, sugar daddies disappear and you may become the new Scunny.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 312
1mickylyons
December 22, 2023, 7:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from David Frazer
Trouble is mickeylyons ALL stands have been redeveloped whereas your dump hasnt ! I also believe you dont have 16/17 full boxes like we do .Plus i remember reading on here the distain at a fan zone where we welcome EVERYONE ( I dont believe yours does) and has earned us hundreds of thousands of £££££.We also a multi million ,yep hard to believe i agree,catering contract!

We've got the best scotch eggs in the EFL.
Glad you're making millions it means you won't owe so much when it all goes wrong.Mind you surely you should be relocating to a 50k capacity stadium sometime soon so you're huge fanbase can all get a seat?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 312
GrimPol
December 22, 2023, 8:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from David Frazer

David Frazer why on earth are you gaslighting The Fishy with  "my willy is bigger than your willy " posts?
Is your Gimp forum not interesting enough?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 312
GrimPol
December 22, 2023, 8:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Dogger Bank

£40m is a figure that was mentioned by JS but I'm not sure where he plucked that from. It cost £20m to build the New York Stadium in Rotherham. 10 years ago I admit but prices haven't doubled in the construction world I do know as I work in it.

Boston Utd Jakeman Stadium  opened 2021  5061 capacity  (2155 seated) £12 mill and still not finished, if that helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 312
LN8Mariner
December 22, 2023, 9:50am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +329
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from NorfolkImp

It’s interesting reading this thread with all the prophets of doom speculating on our impending demise. It’s 40 (FORTY) years since Town matched attendances at old Sinny Bank. 9th in League 1 is realistically the best we can hope for in terms of club size compared to our rivals but aspirations are higher.

I don’t usually respond to the manhood waving posts but here goes.
In those 40 years, season for season, Lincoln have only had a better attendance than Town in 7 of those seasons. It’s easy to cherry pick stats to fit a narrative isn’t it?

However, what I think you and David Fraser have both missed in this thread is the original point of the post and that is that if a well run (that’s one thing most Town fans agree on regarding Lincoln is that you are, from the outside, well run) you still have to pump in £3m to challenge and that is a word of warning to all the Town fans begging for more. There was nothing pointed in the original Post (as I read it) against Lincoln, to the contrary, but just highlighting that it costs a lot to break even at L1 level and probably more than we anticipated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 312
DB
December 22, 2023, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Lost 3-1 to Derby and their goal was a pen. Says it all really as they are not up to the standard of good clubs.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
December 22, 2023, 1:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from LN8Mariner

I don’t usually respond to the manhood waving posts but here goes.
In those 40 years, season for season, Lincoln have only had a better attendance than Town in 7 of those seasons. It’s easy to cherry pick stats to fit a narrative isn’t it?

However, what I think you and David Fraser have both missed in this thread is the original point of the post and that is that if a well run (that’s one thing most Town fans agree on regarding Lincoln is that you are, from the outside, well run) you still have to pump in £3m to challenge and that is a word of warning to all the Town fans begging for more. There was nothing pointed in the original Post (as I read it) against Lincoln, to the contrary, but just highlighting that it costs a lot to break even at L1 level and probably more than we anticipated.

Well said. There is data to suit for every scenario but it is obvious to all that the Mariners are Lincolnshire's premier club. Not at the moment I grant you with Lincoln being one whole division above us, but it is true nonetheless.  If Lincoln reach the Championship and then the top flight and reach FA Cup semi finals and so on then fair enough we would have to concede the point, but at the moment they are miles off just as Scunny were when they had their Championship purple patch.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 312
RonMariner
December 22, 2023, 1:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
In terms of ambition the question is whether smaller clubs such as Lincoln and Town can ever hope to compete in the championship without massive cash injections. Could either club ever exist there on a sustainable basis?

Between 1980 and 2003 Town played in the second tier for 17 seasons and did so without going tens of millions in debt. But times have changed. Clubs up there spend ridiculous amounts on players wages these days. Mel Machin sank £200 million into Derby in an attempt to get them promoted and ended up almost destroying the club.

I may be overly pessimistic, but I find it hard to believe that we could ever survive long in that division now. Sure, we might be able to get promoted into it, like Scunny did twice, and which Lincoln might well do. But staying there is a mightily tall order for clubs of our size without huge and regular cash injections.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 312
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.