Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 36,391 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
nealeardleyscrossing
December 27, 2023, 11:53am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from mariner91

Congrats lads. I’m sure they’ll all be back for the next home game after you managed less than 30% possession in a home game and mustered two shots all game.

They actually bought 1800 fans, so 8200 home fans which considering how poor we are playing is actually, in my opinion quite good - Did you sell out your allocation at Mansfield?

We have our whole forward line injured which means we have an academy lad playing up front who is way out his depth.

Bolton were far superior, but their wage budget is 3 times ours so sort of understandable, but we were so weak and played for a point, which did not work. I am sure we will address this in January, or bring back Draper from Walsall.

Interesting that a lot of your fanbase still sees Grimsby as bigger club than Lincoln - I grew up in the 70's so would have probably agreed with this opinion then, however now, I wouldn't and I would say Lincoln are a bigger club, with a much bigger draw to players and investors - Not having a dig, just interested in perspectives on here. History does count for little doesn't it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 312
Plankton
December 27, 2023, 1:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Lincoln as a club and location is leaps and bounds above Grimsby/Cleethorpes. The amount of money that's been pumped into Lincoln as a city is astronomical in comparison to Grimsby or Cleethorpes. I spend a fair bit of time in Lincoln and it's a much more relaxed, vibrant and in some areas, affluent city.

Grimsby as a town and club has had plenty of opportunities to have sorted itself out. The ground is an absolute state and has been my whole life and the town is quite frankly, copulated. It's a very unattractive prospect to have much to do with Grimsby but such is life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 312
Mappers
December 27, 2023, 1:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,441
Gold Stars: 119

They actually bought 1800 fans, so 8200 home fans which considering how poor we are playing is actually, in my opinion quite good - Did you sell out your allocation at Mansfield?

We have our whole forward line injured which means we have an academy lad playing up front who is way out his depth.

Bolton were far superior, but their wage budget is 3 times ours so sort of understandable, but we were so weak and played for a point, which did not work. I am sure we will address this in January, or bring back Draper from Walsall.

Interesting that a lot of your fanbase still sees Grimsby as bigger club than Lincoln - I grew up in the 70's so would have probably agreed with this opinion then, however now, I wouldn't and I would say Lincoln are a bigger club, with a much bigger draw to players and investors - Not having a dig, just interested in perspectives on here. History does count for little doesn't it?

The truth is neither are particularly bigger or smaller than the other both 'in between' clubs who have potential of decent crowds but will struggle to ever compete in the top 2 divisions with the way the game has changed , sad but true .

History does give you context as without your cup run + The Cowleys the city being galvanised you would still be in the NL getting 3k fans on a good day .

I had hoped our takeover and cup run would galvanise us and provide momentum in a similiar way it did you , but it seems it has not thus far .

Lincoln are a more attractive proposition atm for investors proof is in the pudding -we don't seem to be able to find any of the right sort who are willing to throw some of their relative small change in .

I don't really care who are the bigger club , I just want us to turn up at Mansfield , run around and give it a go tbh that's whats irking me atm .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 312
NorfolkImp
December 27, 2023, 5:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from diehardmariner
Going onto an opposition fans forum literally minutes after the final whistle to brag about 10,000 fans in the ground.  Completely ignoring the fact that you suffered a defeat against a side occupying one of the play-off places you cherish, which personally I would have thought would be more of a priority for you.  Each to their own though.

intercourse me, that's almost as embarrassing as your tantrum at your 2011 relegation whilst holding your Franny Lee toilet roll.  Almost.

Tantrum you say? 🤔 Blimey I’m flattered you can even remember what I said after our spineless surrender against Aldershot over a decade ago, whereas I can barely recall what I ate for dinner last night? 🤷‍♂️

Plenty of effort shown in keeping a top Tier 3 side in Bolton at bay. As for cherishing an improbable play-off spot, it’s better to be looking up, than over your shoulder praying Forest Green don’t win their games in hand 😉

Private Message
Reply: 103 - 312
HatTrickHero
December 27, 2023, 5:36pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Tantrum you say? 🤔 Blimey I’m flattered blah blah

Anyway, enough about your second team, time to turn your reversible shirt inside out to sky blue and settle down with a beer and the TV, you terrible, terrible excuse of a football fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 312
MuddyWaters
December 27, 2023, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,286
Gold Stars: 236
Any Town fan who isn’t a little bit jealous of Lincoln at present is kidding themselves. They are where we want to be, moreover where we were till Fenty copulated us up.

Good luck to them, hope we’re waving back at them asap.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 312
Limerick Mariner
December 27, 2023, 6:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,739
Gold Stars: 138
I’d say similar sized clubs, Town have a more loyal hard core but Lincoln is a wealthier growing city and more “new” fans. The main differentiator, as has been noted on this thread, is Sincil is a reasonable all seater ground for League 1, whereas BP was totally unsuited to all seater conversion and is a bit of a mill-stone now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
December 27, 2023, 7:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
I’d say similar sized clubs, Town have a more loyal hard core but Lincoln is a wealthier growing city and more “new” fans. The main differentiator, as has been noted on this thread, is Sincil is a reasonable all seater ground for League 1, whereas BP was totally unsuited to all seater conversion and is a bit of a mill-stone now.

Has Sincil Bank substantially changed? I always thought of it as been much worse than BP with that silly stand opposite to the big stand and the tiny stands behind the goals.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 312
mariner91
December 27, 2023, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262

I don't think we're a bigger club than Lincoln anymore and any sane Town fan who's living in the 21st century (in which we've been shite almost the whole time) doesn't either. And right now Lincoln are most definitely a better draw for players than we are. But I don't think Lincoln are a bigger club than us. You had a very good attendance yesterday (bolstered by a full away end which we've not even got close to this season) but if you take away the average number of away fans you get at home games for both clubs then there's about 1200-1300 difference on average which isn't huge. In the context of you being at the top of your most successful period in your history playing teams like Derby and Bolton and us being in yet another L2 relegation battle after 22 years of being shite, it really isn't very much. Equally, despite most games being closer and being more attractive away days you are averaging fewer away fans to away games this season than we did last season in L2 (I can't find our average this season, sorry). Plus, your attendances are falling, down 1000 on average since you were last in L2 despite a big increase in the number of away fans at each game.

Do I think we'd be averaging the same if we were competing in the top half of L1? Absolutely. Even this season with only 5 wins and some miserable performances in the main it's still quite hard to get tickets of more than 2 together unless you want impeded views or to sit in the away stand. The poster that said we're jealous of Lincoln is absolutely right, I'd love to be 9th in L1 after four seasons at that level  with millions pumped in each season by "investors". I'd love to have the Co-op stand or something similar at Blundell Park and a ground that is definitely going to be significantly easier to redevelop if necessary (probably not necessary with your 2500 empty home seats on average). But it's laughable how some of your fans seem to think you're massive now and lording it over us. Ultimately we all know that at the first whiff of a bad season, your attendances will drop sharply and eventually the investors will stop pumping money in for no return.

And don't get me started on NorfolkImp. A meltdown befitting a toddler when you were shite saying he's never going again, not seen on here for years until you started getting some success and these days is posting on our forum approximately 5 minutes after full time to boast about an attendance after a game in which you were comprehensively outplayed. Probably following Lincoln a bit more this season as City's title challenge seems to have stalled. Literally one of the saddest bell-ends I've ever come across online or in real life and would be worthy of pity if he wasn't such a tw@t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 312
Limerick Mariner
December 27, 2023, 9:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,739
Gold Stars: 138

Has Sincil Bank substantially changed? I always thought of it as been much worse than BP with that silly stand opposite to the big stand and the tiny stands behind the goals.

Capacity 2k higher, no restricted views. Scope for expansion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 312
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.