Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 33,331 views. Print
30 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
December 17, 2023, 7:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
https://www.weareimps.com/news/2023/december/board-minutes---november-2023/

Another 3 million quid issued in shares to their American investors .

Just to compete in league 1 .

I see why Jason 'got tetchy ' at the fans forum , would love to know how deep him and Pettit  are in now , being left with BP in a state of disrepair ,tucked up by our former leader and then taking some flak from the less optimistic section of our  fanbase .

Hell of a task

Logged Offline
Private Message
It Bites
December 17, 2023, 7:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,201
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mappers

I see why Jason 'got tetchy ' at the fans forum , would love to know how deep him and Pettit  are in now , being left with BP in a state of disrepair ,tucked up by our former leader and then taking some flak from our less optimistic section of our  fanbase .

Hell of a task

Tucked up might be wrong , I’d of expected JS and AP to of gone into this with their eyes firmly wide open? I’ve said before we are now a league 2 team now , when struggling we’ll dip in the conference, a great season will see us hit the play offs at best . It’s where we are after 20 years of neglect
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 298
Heisenberg
December 17, 2023, 7:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,066
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Mappers

I see why Jason 'got tetchy ' at the fans forum , would love to know how deep him and Pettit  are in now , being left with BP in a state of disrepair ,tucked up by our former leader and then taking some flak from our less optimistic section of our  fanbase .

Hell of a task

Interesting, that. It just so happens that their losses are projected to be £3m for the year too. Amazing coincidence.

People look at Lincoln as some beacon of football business utopia, but without these ‘investments’ they’d be knackered, despite gates of 8000 every home game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 298
RonMariner
December 17, 2023, 8:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,717
Gold Stars: 226
Another three mill in addition to the millions they have already lost in the last few years.

You have to ask, what is the point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 298
mariner91
December 17, 2023, 8:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,653
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Heisenberg

Interesting, that. It just so happens that their losses are projected to be £3m for the year too. Amazing coincidence.

People look at Lincoln as some beacon of football business utopia, but without these ‘investments’ they’d be knackered, despite gates of 8000 every home game.

There's only so long that the investors will keep plugging these massive gaps in the finances, particularly if attendances keep dropping as quickly as they are doing (surprise surprise). They're 9th in League One and in the middle of their most sustained run of "success" since the 1950's but there were 2000 spare seats in the home end on Saturday. And thus far this season they're averaging 800 less per game than they were two seasons ago despite performing better than they did that season and currently being top half. Their away attendances are still pretty pathetic as well given where they are in the league system. Their last Saturday away game they only took to Wigan the same amount we took to Milton Keynes on a Tuesday night (which is a longer journey too). Plus we'd only won one game in about ten! Away attendances are generally a decent indicator of "hardcore" fan numbers and Lincoln's are staggeringly low as a percentage of their home attendances which isn't surprising given the high number of new fans and particularly families that are watching them.

Eventually there'll be a straw that breaks the camels back. Either they'll have a very poor season and the vast majority of the new fans (which is approximately 5000 of their regular 7500 at home games) will stop going or the funding will be cut leading to a poor season and get the same outcome. They'll eventually be back to their natural level and back to having less than 5000 at home games.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 298
moosey_club
December 17, 2023, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,264
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mariner91

Eventually there'll be a straw that breaks the camels back. Either they'll have a very poor season and the vast majority of the new fans (which is approximately 5000 of their regular 7500 at home games) will stop going or the funding will be cut leading to a poor season and get the same outcome. They'll eventually be back to their natural level and back to having less than 5000 at home games.

It's ok trying to have a dig at Lincoln but that last paragraph could quite easily describe us.
It's football....without massive, nigh on bottomless, investment most provincial football clubs have ups and downs, either striking lucky with a manager or a striker and elevating themselves above their natural status for a period, I have seen it early 80's and then again early 2000's with Buckley mk2.
It's the circle of football life that about 80 out of 92 teams face to one extent or another.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 298
acko338
December 17, 2023, 8:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
Personally, I can see both JS and AP being active in proper business circles in trying to encourage quality long term safe investment into the club.

These guys have both business acumen and high morals.

Both would be qualities needed to further cement a long term continual progression for facilities, any future stadium possibility, and higher level playing staff.

Chancers should not apply as I guess full vetting would be completed in a very thorough manner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 298
Mappers
December 17, 2023, 10:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from acko338
Personally, I can see both JS and AP being active in proper business circles in trying to encourage quality long term safe investment into the club.

These guys have both business acumen and high morals.

Both would be qualities needed to further cement a long term continual progression for facilities, any future stadium possibility, and higher level playing staff.

Chancers should not apply as I guess full vetting would be completed in a very thorough manner.

Both are switched on , successful and sensible

Yet they still bought Town .

Heart rules the head sometimes

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 298
mariner91
December 17, 2023, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,653
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from moosey_club

It's ok trying to have a dig at Lincoln but that last paragraph could quite easily describe us.
It's football....without massive, nigh on bottomless, investment most provincial football clubs have ups and downs, either striking lucky with a manager or a striker and elevating themselves above their natural status for a period, I have seen it early 80's and then again early 2000's with Buckley mk2.
It's the circle of football life that about 80 out of 92 teams face to one extent or another.

Of course all lower league clubs have ups and downs. But I would bet you can't find an example where short term success led to such a massive increase in attendances over such a short period of time as with Lincoln. Their attendances literally tripled over the space of a few months on the back of a great league campaign and an unprecedented cup run. Before that the city had turned it's back on the club and they struggled to get more than 2500 at home games. And, as we'll never let them forget, they brought less than 500 to a game at BP on a bank holiday not long before their success.

Conversely our attendances are up but not nearly to the same degree in percentage terms and they also didn't go up with any "success". We had more fans at home games from the off in the NL once Fenty had gone and still averaged higher than we had done in L2 during that horrific run of games where we couldn't buy a win. This was off the back of one of the worst seasons in the club's history too.

Lincoln's attendances are dropping even now with them being higher in the football pyramid than they've been for 40 years, you're telling me that the new glory-seeking fans will stick around when they have a relegation season? Some of them will but I suspect they'll see a big drop off in attendances quite quickly. Furthermore, if their attendances are dropping after their most successful spell in living memory but they're still losing money hand over fist just to stand still in L1 then as an investor you'd probably have to ask "what's the point?".
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 298
Yoda
December 17, 2023, 10:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Lincoln will do a Scunny they must of last over 10 million in the last 3 seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 298
30 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.