Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 36,431 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
March 15, 2024, 3:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
Just another rich man's vanity project. Nothing remotely sustainable about it, but then that is true of so many clubs these days.

Anyway, good luck to you. I hope you go up. Every fan of a smaller club deserves to see some success now and then.

A word of caution though: Enjoy it while you can because as soon as he gets bored it will be a case of ' tea breaks over, back on your heads'.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 312
David Frazer
March 15, 2024, 6:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -531
Gold Stars: 5
Not going to happen he has stated he is here for the long time ! He also is very clever that his wife and sons love it as well.Sustainable well we will see,as were getting to the stage where our young squad will be eventually sold to make it more sustainable!

Is any club bar the premiershite sustainable ,i would suggest not.Preston look to lose £12million a year which is bonkers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 312
RonMariner
March 15, 2024, 7:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
I’m not sure how many premiership clubs are sustainable in any normal definition of that word. When you are allowed to lose £35 million a year under the FFP rules, and are reliant on billionaires pumping millions in each year to cover the losses  it’s not really a sustainable business model.

Of the 92 prem and EFL clubs I think more than 60 have been in admin at one time or another, several on more than one occasion. I can’t think of any other business sector where two thirds of the business go bust, and then carry on under new owners but continue to lose money. It crazy really isn’t it.

You can convince yourself that being the play thing of a rich businessman with no real link to the club or the area is fine, and I am sure it is in the short term. After all you get to see a winning team which is great. But we have seen this sort of thing time and time again. I am sure the Scunthorpe fans were happy to take Swann’s cash when they were pushing for promotion from L1. Same with Rushdon and Diamonds. Remember them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 312
Mappers
March 15, 2024, 7:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,440
Gold Stars: 119
I think Lincoln's owners are decent Ron tbf , they are essentially gifting them money ; not asset stripping them or leveraging a load of debt against the club. I think like our's their long term plan is a sustainable club with good player trading .

Even if they walked away Lincoln would be debt free but no doubt have to cut their cloth somewhat .

I think both Lincoln and Town will be in a  much better position off the pitch once their current custodians call it a day , what that actually equates to on the pitch is anyone's guess as I'm not sure how the game is going to go - it seems to be getting crazier by the week  .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 312
David Frazer
March 15, 2024, 7:44pm
Shandy Drinker
I dont need convincing because i trust them as people ! Swann ran out of his wifes money i believe ( thank god he didnt buy us when he agreed to),Rushden and Diamonds owner Max Grigg/Gregg i believe died and lets be honest it was 2 village teams merged in an area with loads of clubs already .

Rich mans plaything maybe so to a degree, i dont think its much difference to your owners who are pumping money in ! Dont see why our diverse ownership group will stay around any shorter time than your own .

Anyway we shall see how we both progress over the next few years,i know who i think will survive and prosper the most and hand on heart i bet most sane thinkers on here do to.

Uti
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 312
RonMariner
March 15, 2024, 7:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from David Frazer
I dont need convincing because i trust them as people ! Swann ran out of his wifes money i believe ( thank god he didnt buy us when he agreed to),Rushden and Diamonds owner Max Grigg/Gregg i believe died and lets be honest it was 2 village teams merged in an area with loads of clubs already .

Rich mans plaything maybe so to a degree, i dont think its much difference to your owners who are pumping money in ! Dont see why our diverse ownership group will stay around any shorter time than your own .

Anyway we shall see how we both progress over the next few years,i know who i think will survive and prosper the most and hand on heart i bet most sane thinkers on here do to.

Uti

Swann tried to buy you? Blimey. You dodged a bullet there. But no doubt in the first few years of his ownership the Scunny fans held him in the high regard that you hold your owners. Owners are always popular when they are shovelling tons of cash into the black hole of small club finances.

Maybe you are right. Maybe these guys will keep on throwing millions down the shute to please 8,000 football fans of a small club. Maybe.

I don’t know what will happen any more than you do. But looking at what has happened to dozens of clubs previously surely it must be a concern? Why is this any different?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 312
David Frazer
March 15, 2024, 9:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Yeah Swann shook hands on a deal in a lincoln pub near the castle! He renagde a day or 2 latas i believe. Yes we missed Scunnys championship / league 1 days but in hindsight thank god we did!

Lets just see where it all goes,you somehow get a new ground and you will be away flying again. I believe we have some good years to come and will.see how it all develops !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 312
RonMariner
March 15, 2024, 9:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from David Frazer
Yeah Swann shook hands on a deal in a lincoln pub near the castle! He renagde a day or 2 latas i believe. Yes we missed Scunnys championship / league 1 days but in hindsight thank god we did!

Lets just see where it all goes,you somehow get a new ground and you will be away flying again. I believe we have some good years to come and will.see how it all develops !

I think your immediate future is better than ours. I can’t see us getting a new ground any time soon.

We had some great years in the Championship but I can’t see that happening again unless we get a fairy godmother!!

Anyway, good luck. Hope you make it into the championship. You would have some truly memorable experiences there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 312
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 16, 2024, 9:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from David Frazer

Rich mans plaything maybe so to a degree, i dont think its much difference to your owners who are pumping money in !

Uti

I don’t mean any criticism of our owners here but if they are pumping money into Grimsby it’s with a bike pump, not a fire hose.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 312
Mappers
March 16, 2024, 9:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,440
Gold Stars: 119

I don’t mean any criticism of our owners here but if they are pumping money into Grimsby it’s with a bike pump, not a fire hose.

It's about a million a season . Lincoln's owners is about 3 million .

You could argue that the extra 2 million is just to be competive in league 1 (the clubs turnovers are pretty similiar) , bridging the gap so to speak , if we ever manage to get up we would more than likely need to do the same or be in a relegation battle every year .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.