Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 32,367 views. Print
28 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
David Frazer
December 18, 2023, 6:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -455
Gold Stars: 4
You have " northseamariner" ! You need significant investment /investors ( a loose term in football as nobody makes money apart from premiershite club owners) . Theres no doubt fenty has held you back big time ,as he didnt have the nouse to get grants to develop your ground like we did. Our owners have stated our aim is the championship and we are putting things in place on and off the pitch to do that! The 2 sets of american owners are genuinely involved because they want to be not to make money ,investors is a stupid term in football.

Unless Jason and Andrew are billionaires i would bet you will get nowhere the bonkers championship ( preston i believe loose £12+million a year) wages.

Uti
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 277
Hagrid
December 18, 2023, 6:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,415
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from David Frazer
You have " northseamariner" ! You need significant investment /investors ( a loose term in football as nobody makes money apart from premiershite club owners) . Theres no doubt fenty has held you back big time ,as he didnt have the nouse to get grants to develop your ground like we did. Our owners have stated our aim is the championship and we are putting things in place on and off the pitch to do that! The 2 sets of american owners are genuinely involved because they want to be not to make money ,investors is a stupid term in football.

Unless Jason and Andrew are billionaires i would bet you will get nowhere the bonkers championship ( preston i believe loose £12+million a year) wages.

Uti

I dont disagree with that. We are a million miles from the Championship. We have a section of fans who are stuck 25 years ago. The ground is a dump, We’ve been a basket case of a club for 16/17of the last 20 years.

Jason and Andrew are good guys. But we havent the capital to compete at the highest end, Not without significant investment from elsewhere
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 277
Mappers
December 18, 2023, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from David Frazer
Well what a load of balderdash you all speak !
You have a ground thats a dump,apart from one stand thats a weird construction ! I dont know how you all think your going to progress up the leagues without investment ,we have approximately 50 partners in the club plus some wealthy usa/south african investors.We have been investing in our structure for the last few years ground and players,whilst you have rotted away .

Please tell me how your going to progress up a division or 2 because your currently in the bottom 3rd of league 2 going nowhere.You aint going anywhere near the championship let alone league anytime soon without significant money !   UTI

I agree and disagree - I think any club in league 2 have a punchers chance of getting out , especially when the heavily bankrolled clubs go up (Stockport , Mansfield and Wrexham probably this season )  which will make it a slightly easier league , at least financially .

It seems the gap up to league 1 is pretty drastic though and investment is a must for anything but a relegation fight .

My main point of the original post was to highlight how much it is taking to compete and try to move forward in league one and also show how much our owners have put in just to get out of the NL and compete in league 2 and make some improvements to the ground which is maybe 3 million in 3 years probably closer to 5 and how it doesn't seem right that even lower league /non league football is so unsustainable rather than a mammary for tat about Town and Lincoln , not my place .

Merry Xmas
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 277
pizzzza
December 18, 2023, 7:01pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from David Frazer
The 2 sets of american owners are genuinely involved because they want to be not to make money ,investors is a stupid term in football.

So, they are funding your loses out of the goodness of their heart?
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 277
lew chaterleys lover
December 18, 2023, 7:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 237
Did we crow/Lord it over the other Lincolnshire clubs whist we were top dog for the vast part of our history? I suppose had social media and forums been around we would have.

Football has changed, and it has taken a long time to catch on due to having a terrible owner but we can easily match Lincoln and most clubs in leagues 1 and 2. These things are cyclical and no doubt our time will come again and when it does it will have been worth waiting for.

Lincoln are one division above us so I don't think they should have visions of grandeur.

Yes it will take considerable (careful) investment to crack on but the owners will surely know that and are making plans.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 277
RonMariner
December 18, 2023, 7:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,710
Gold Stars: 226
Lincoln are where they are because they have found investors willing to pump millions of pounds a year in.  They are not alone in that. Which means that it's almost impossible to compete at the top even at L1 and L2 level without some such funding.

Yes, there are exceptions now and then. But the simple fact is that the best players will go where they are paid best. That means the cost of having a competitive squad is likely to be unaffordable for clubs who attempt to stick within their normal income. Of course this is all well and good as long as the investors are happy to continue chucking money down the bottomless pit but, as we have seen countless times, the brown stuff really hits the fan (and the fans!) when they have had enough.          
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 277
Poojah
December 18, 2023, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,547
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Oooooh, touched a nerve there I think.

A UTI will make you a little bit tetchy, tbf. Seems to be unusually common amongst both Lincoln and Scunny fans. Must run in the family.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 277
Mappers
December 18, 2023, 8:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
From everything I know from Imp supporting mates is that the American guys are genuinely into supporting the club and their South African Chairman, Clive Nate’s, is a smart cookie and it’s him that has attracted the investment and only surprise seems to be that one of the American investors was supposedly going to take over as Chairman last summer but for some reason this didn’t happen.

Personally I think their crowds have stayed up pretty well as I know, much like ourselves, their performances and results in home matches has not been great and believe they still have over 6000 season ticket holders and an expanded ground capacity so they can have crowds of 12000 plus. In relation to the ground they are in a much better position than us to expand and/or replace or redevelop stands not yet touched. Plus the City Council is willing to let them build a new ground should they want in the now started western corridor which will see another 3500 homes built between the bypass and city centre. Lincoln’s current ground and surrounding area is also much better placed than BP to be turned into an area of housing.

To me their situation just demonstrates how financially difficult it is to progress up the football ladder and makes me wonder how we are going to manage given the state of our ground which is ultimately going to restrict the number of fans who can attend.

Love us to be back above them but think we are a little way of achieving this and don’t believe their demise is as imminent as some may have suggested in this thread. Don’t mind being wrong though.

Didn't they ditch the capacity increase though due to Covid and operating costs(losses) and downgraded to building some sort of community hub (which is good in intself tbf)  at the back of the stand they were gearing up to expand , so there capacity is still around 10k for the short to medium term ?

I might be wrong but sure i read that somewhere .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 277
David Frazer
December 18, 2023, 8:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -455
Gold Stars: 4
Thats above my head Poojah ,thats up the Imps.

We can easily match lincoln!?! Please tell me how ?
Your support is good ,no doubt there but your ground  is shite and lets be honest your infrastructure is also and wont change for many years .If you can knock 2/3 sides down and rebuild them then you will easily compete with us and our 10800 capacity and then you need income from boxes  etc etc.You probably could compete in wages as our top wages arent massive ! We have a youth policy thats about to bear fruition of the investment over the last few years.Your light years away from competing/sustaining league 1 football im afraid let alone your rightful championship place! Haha

To compare us to Scunny is quite ludicrous.
Re the americans !  The Jabbara family are multi multi millionaires ,im not sure if a billionaire and its a hard question to ask but they have genuinely fallen in love with the club and arent walking away anytime soon A million quid has just been put in by them !
I dont know to much about the other americans but im told they have substantial funds and are also in for the long term with us!
Nobody is leaving us in the lurch any day very soon and our overspend is wiped out every year in the form of shares.

Uti
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 277
Poojah
December 18, 2023, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,547
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from David Frazer
Thats above my head Poojah ,thats up the Imps.

"UTIs are usually caused by bacteria from poo entering the urinary tract".

Not my words, but those surfaced by Google via our wonderful NHS. One of the more left-field reasons I've heard for celebrating one's football team of choice, but I'm certainly not going to give you stick for it; after all, you've got poo entering your urinary tract. You poor sód.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uti

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 277
28 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.