Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 36,339 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Azimuth
April 25, 2024, 1:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from diehardmariner
And chasing that unsustainable dream ended so well for Scunny didn't it...

*cue David Frazer raging at his PC whilst holding his photo of Landon Donovan with a Lincoln City scarf*

To be fair Scunny had a complete bafoon at the helm who was Gambling the club away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 312
David Frazer
April 25, 2024, 1:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -531
Gold Stars: 5
Genuinely till i have a moment to ask the question why then i dont disagree with your sceptism.However yet again though the £2million is in share capital  not loans! Something i believe the Wrexham americans have ( loans).
It is hard to fathom for Imps everywhere but we are not extremely wealthy individuals are we? I dont know what powers multi multi millionaires and we havent heard from the newest investors yet.However we are now in the stage of high network individuals( companies) who are friends of friends and who have vast sporting experience ,yes in american sport,but successfull.They are all stated the community.angle of the club.Also maybe they like the angle of sticking it up the big clubs and you scoff a sustainable approach in buying and selling players and not throwing absolutely loads of money like a premiershite club.

Who knows ,but the future of the club is bloody exciting i  can tell you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 312
diehardmariner
April 25, 2024, 1:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,669
Gold Stars: 540
There isn't any plans for them to move grounds micky.  It's all focused on redeveloping Sincil Bank - https://www.weareimps.com/news/2023/september/stacey-west-development-update/

Was talk of a new stadium built as part of the Western Growth Corridor but that has really seems to have cooled off (not sure the club were ever actually on board with that) and the plans overall seem to get watered down every time I see something.
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 312
RonMariner
April 25, 2024, 2:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
I still don’t get it. The Wrexham thing is a gigantic vanity project by people with a very high media profile. Doesn’t seem to be the case with Lincoln. I am not having a go here, but am simply struggling to understand what is going on. In my experience US investors are not known for just throwing money around with no strategy for making a return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 312
DB
April 25, 2024, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.43
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
I wish Lincoln well in their current endeavours. I would, however, be wary of the Yanks. Prime ones to look at are the Glaziers who wanted Man U for money and the first thing they did was to put the club into debt! I'm not saying they were not in debt before the takeover, but they added a few million to it.

So let Lincoln enjoy a good time while they can and remember the iron whose previous owners dropped them like a ton of hotcakes. We will more than likely pass them in the next few seasons as they leave L1 and we replace them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 312
RonMariner
April 25, 2024, 2:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
I will probably get slaughtered for this but think it would be great if Town, Lincoln, Scunny and Donny were all in L1 slugging it out in the top ten. Think of all those amazing darby games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 312
Heisenberg
April 25, 2024, 2:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,099
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from DB
I wish Lincoln well in their current endeavours. I would, however, be wary of the Yanks. Prime ones to look at are the Glaziers who wanted Man U for money and the first thing they did was to put the club into debt! I'm not saying they were not in debt before the takeover, but they added a few million to it.

So let Lincoln enjoy a good time while they can and remember the iron whose previous owners dropped them like a ton of hotcakes. We will more than likely pass them in the next few seasons as they leave L1 and we replace them.

I believe Man Utd were debt-free before the Glazers got involved, but immediately plunged them into £800m worth of debt by effectively taking out a loan under the club’s name to buy it - I still don’t get how they pulled that one off! And they were accruing something like £45m interest every year (when I say “they”, I mean their fans).

I am no fan of Man Utd at all, but the Glazers ruined that club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 312
Mappers
April 25, 2024, 2:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,427
Gold Stars: 119
It's a completely different scenario though - all the investment in Lincoln is in share capital so they are not accruing any debt whatsoever .

The only way these stakeholders will see a return on their investment is if Lincoln go right through you would have thought , maybe that's their plan I suppose we will get a better indication if they make it to The Champ whether these high net worth individuals are willing to throw serious money at it to chase the dream or if it's just a bit of fun with what is pocket money for them .

Whatever happens I highly doubt Lincoln will go the way of our neighbours and various others , the worst case scenario is the investment dries up and they get bored or whatever and Lincoln have to revert back to a more break even type model .

As much as it pains me to say it , these are exciting times if you are an Imps fan .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 312
diehardmariner
April 25, 2024, 2:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,669
Gold Stars: 540
Yep that's pretty much it regards Man Utd, a leveraged buyout.  

The thing is though, despite having that huge amount of debt and the large dividends paid out each year (mainly to the Glazers), they still should have been competitive.  They were still spending enough money to challenge for major honours on a more often than not basis.  Their failings isn't because of how the Glazers have sadddled them with debt, it's because of how badly they've been run from a footballing side.

The major issue facing them in the next decade or so will be the state of Old Trafford. It's crumbling and has fallen well behind other stadiums from the casual fan perspective and also from a corporate point of view.  They've always had a huge draw in the international market, but with over 10 years of comparative failure and having seen the emergence of City plus the re-emergence of Liverpool and Arsenal in that time, it does beg the question how they'll continue to draw fans from outside the UK/hold onto their existing international fans.  A 14-year-old kid in Singapore doesn't recognise Man Utd as a global force anymore than they do Brentford.
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 312
David Frazer
April 25, 2024, 3:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -531
Gold Stars: 5
Thankyou Mappers ,it is very exciting and i havent seen many of the championship clubs in my time.It is bonkers in the championship with i believe Prestons owners funding there club @£12million a year to just stay in the championship.

We shall see the future how it pans out ,the premiershite clubs arent making it any easier for anyone with their greed however Bournemouth and Luton must be our role models to try and break into the premier league.

I would suggest that Yodas stated comment about being bust in 2years is laughable and DB you arent passing us on the way down anytime very soon if your serious are you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.