Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, friskneymariner, Gainsbro_Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, GollyGTFC, Googlebot, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, krispy84, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Mark GTFC, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Zmariner and 1073 Guests

David Artell confirmed as New Manager

This thread currently has 28,402 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
November 27, 2023, 2:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,598
Gold Stars: 175
I really like the bit about it being an easy place to come. He said when you come all the people are nice - maybe from that we can learn to stop clapping the away fans attendance figure being read out and can boo and whistle it as it should be.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 190
TAGG
November 27, 2023, 2:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Welcome on board Dave.
Dave, Shaun & Ben it will need a lot of luck and hard work to turn the ship around but I'm sure you will do it UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 190
It Bites
November 27, 2023, 2:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
He called our football meh . I love him already
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 190
DB
November 27, 2023, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Sinkfortheladies
Great appointment! Looking forward to the future.....

AND

I was the only one to name him on the manager prediction thread! If anyone is interested for the lottery numbers drop me a pm  

And you get 10 points added to the prediction thread table, which I will do after the MK Dons match.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 190
Hagrid
November 27, 2023, 2:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from It Bites

Indeed. Biggest comment i took from it. Because lets face it, it is excrement
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 190
HertsGTFC
November 27, 2023, 2:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from It Bites

I think that was very astute of him, I think it could be a very interesting journey for a few of our players.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 190
diehardmariner
November 27, 2023, 2:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 542
Quoted from ska face
If Artell can’t get a tune out of Hunt then I’ll FINALLY admit defeat on that one

That's my stance.  I'm hoping that the likes of Hunt, Eisa, possibly Ainley, Vernam when he comes back plus a couple of others are the type who really flourish under a manager who will encourage and indulge those attack minded players.

Of course the priority is defence but hopefully he's of the mindset that you can address more than one issue at once.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 190
MuddyWaters
November 27, 2023, 3:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from diehardmariner

That's my stance.  I'm hoping that the likes of Hunt, Eisa, possibly Ainley, Vernam when he comes back plus a couple of others are the type who really flourish under a manager who will encourage and indulge those attack minded players.

Of course the priority is defence but hopefully he's of the mindset that you can address more than one issue at once.

Ainley has played more for Artell than any other manager so you would hope so. I'm sure he's going to shake things up pretty quickly.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 190
Maherhumbug
November 27, 2023, 3:21pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +15
I've seen a snippet video clip of Stockwood announcing Artell today, does anyone know where the full length interview is please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 190
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 27, 2023, 3:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Maherhumbug
I've seen a snippet video clip of Stockwood announcing Artell today, does anyone know where the full length interview is please?

Was going to ask the same if the first interview with the new boss (apologies if it’s been linked previously in the thread)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 190
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.