Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

David Artell confirmed as New Manager

This thread currently has 28,166 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 28, 2023, 12:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from male private Nale

If you are stating facts, surely you cannot just cherry pick the ones that suit your argument?

He also presided over taking them back down in what was one of their worst ever seasons.

He certainly talks the talk , lets hope he can back it up

Fair enough.

Got Crewe promoted on a small budget, then top half of league 1 with the same restrictions. Think he said he had a budget of 1.4 million and for reference Ipswich had one of 8 million. He outperformed some teams with a much bigger budget, but inevitably, bigger clubs came along and took his best players.

Now he may have been extremely lucky and inherited a particularly talented bunch of players originally that made his job easier, but a good number of them came through the academy that he had been in charge of before becoming manager

No manager is guaranteed to bring success, and he may well fail, which would perhaps please you and a few others, but only time will tell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 190
arryarryarry
November 28, 2023, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

I sit in the Upper Young's , close to the half-way line, and you get a totally different perspective of the game as opposed to pitch level. I've thought for a long time that if you had a senior member of the coaching staff ie the assistant manager, on the camera gantry with direct communication to the bench then adjustments to playing style/weaknesses could be corrected immediately.

The club's analyst films from the gantry and is in contact with the bench during the game as well as going down to the dressing room at halftime.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 190
bedders78
November 28, 2023, 12:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from arryarryarry

The club's analyst films from the gantry and is in contact with the bench during the game as well as going down to the dressing room at halftime.

Gets there just in time to wheeze "get it forward" before hurrying back

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 190
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 28, 2023, 1:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from rancido

I sit in the Upper Young's , close to the half-way line, and you get a totally different perspective of the game as opposed to pitch level. I've thought for a long time that if you had a senior member of the coaching staff ie the assistant manager, on the camera gantry with direct communication to the bench then adjustments to playing style/weaknesses could be corrected immediately.

This is common practice in the NFL - they have a team of analysts watching the game from above and pumping information to the coaching team on the field. A lot of top level football clubs are doing it as well, you often see someone on the bench with headphones and a lot of managers now have iPads in front of them during the game.

I have often thought that watching a game at pitchside was virtually the worst view you could get, as a spectator I'd rather be higher up to see the game as a whole.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 190
rancido
November 28, 2023, 1:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96

This is common practice in the NFL - they have a team of analysts watching the game from above and pumping information to the coaching team on the field. A lot of top level football clubs are doing it as well, you often see someone on the bench with headphones and a lot of managers now have iPads in front of them during the game.

I have often thought that watching a game at pitchside was virtually the worst view you could get, as a spectator I'd rather be higher up to see the game as a whole.

I knew that they did it in the NFL but didn't want to bring " grid iron" into the discussion for the possible backlash from those that don't watch or like it.😉

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 190
acko338
November 28, 2023, 1:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
I'll be ready to watch tonight to see what immediate changes, if sny, he makes after watching 1 day of training.

In a training clip seen yesterday, it was interesting to see his promotion of trapping with one foot, then quickly offloading straight away with the other foot. It sounded like he wasn't happy with a couple of the attempts.

Other teams have appeared to control the ball faster than us, with nuch mire accurate passing. A simple task that should be natural to any professional player.

Passes, running, ball control, better set pieces - all things that can be improved in training sessions.

It would be good to see every player selected tonight at least showing that they want to seal their place, giving 100% and displaying desire for a win to the wonderful travelling fans !
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 190
GrimPol
November 28, 2023, 1:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -675
Gold Stars: 69

You're right. My ST is usually Upper Smiths, and I had to one year go to Lower Smiths first row. You couldn't see the feet of the players on the far side, and passing was only ok front to  back, angle or side passing you just lost all perspective.
I notice that Man U "dug out" must be at mid-Main stand height. It has to be better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 190
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 28, 2023, 1:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555

It’s fine in terms of football but you were bang out of order bringing that double decker bus to our last dogging meet
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 190
LocalLadGTFC
November 28, 2023, 1:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mariner_09

If you listen to the emergency DN35 pod from last night, the lad from Crewe gives a very balanced answer as to what happened in that season.

Unfortunately no fan gives a ' balanced ' view of what happens as none of them have a real clue as to what actually happened. Only David Artell and the staff at the club will know what happened, the other bits is just guess work. The chairman of Crewe gave David a very good reference and the journalist from BBC Radio Stoke on Sportstalk said we're very lucky to have him so I think that gives you an slight insight into what sort of job he's done.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 178 - 190
Mariner Timsky
November 28, 2023, 2:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Be interested to know how many of this seasons games he has seen in some way or another

Sure from what he has seen he has a long list of things to work on / solve / sort out etc

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 190
20 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › David Artell confirmed as New Manager

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.